Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok if you're sure....but I always thought there would be a Tikki bar and lots of margaritas there.
Well, yeah....and that, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,023 times
Sorry dude. But obviously heaven was decorated for women; notice all the extremely huge and outlandishly expensive JEWELS. If you are looking for hot, sweat guys popping each other on the bottom every 20 seconds in high definition, you may need to stand on a cloud and look down 'cause I'm betting you just might find that a bit south of heaven.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:59 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
The physical description of heaven has always perplexed me as well.

One cannot know beauty unless they know ugliness. Cannot know happiness without knowing sadness. Am I the only one who thinks eternal and never-ending happiness and lack of any other emotion, feeling, or any of the other "earthly" shortcomings and desires (the spirit of competition, desire, debate, etc...) would be.... well... NOT "heavenly"?

Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 AM

7 posts, read 14,573 times
I am beginning to think all things are made new in the NT and that many churches now believe it is good to be rich. They offer courses on how to get rich and they say Jesus was very wealthy. I think the NT changed everything... but sometimes I wonder if its right also.

Denise

Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,887 times
Default Understand don't analyze

I think that it's you spending the time to find out only how much it displays the unimportance of wealth and material things. The problem with people like you is that you analzye so much that you miss the importance of the message. God has everything, he doesn't need your money, but that is where your heart is and he wants your heart. Analyze that and tell me what you got. FYI, christians are suppose to be prosperous! Study buddy, don't speak yet!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
glory_3000 wrote:
Quote:
FYI, christians are suppose to be prosperous!
I see you've resurrected one of my old threads. I have to disagree with your statement though. I'm not a Christian but I understand the teachings and the concept that Christians are supposed to be rewarded with prosperity and material wealth is not based on Biblical principles. It's a very strange mix of capitalism and Christianity and has been popularized by a number of American megachurches for a number of years. It's completely the opposite of Biblical teachings, The Bible places no value on becoming wealthy and being materialistic, I'm not even religious but I know you're dead wrong.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:41 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
Methinks an entire city built of gold and jewels would be incredibly gaudy, but then again, all of the interior designers will be in Hell with their gay business partners.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:50 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glory_3000 View Post
I think that it's you spending the time to find out only how much it displays the unimportance of wealth and material things. The problem with people like you is that you analzye so much that you miss the importance of the message. God has everything, he doesn't need your money, but that is where your heart is and he wants your heart. Analyze that and tell me what you got. FYI, christians are suppose to be prosperous! Study buddy, don't speak yet!
If 'god' doesn't want your money then why does this invisible friend supposedly want their followers to give them ten percent of their money for their money for the rest of their life. That sounds more like a ploy by the church. Also, assuming this god exists, if they have everything then why would they want your heart. If they have everything then they would be fully fulfilled and fully content because they have everything they want. If they have everything they why would they need someone to devote their entire life to making it revolve around them. Are they a megalomaniac that has a pathological desire to have every person on the planet worship them. There are alot of people that aren't attatched to money, their heart isn't with their money so it isn't 'with god.'

Old 07-27-2008, 07:01 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
glory_3000 wrote:

I see you've resurrected one of my old threads. I have to disagree with your statement though. I'm not a Christian but I understand the teachings and the concept that Christians are supposed to be rewarded with prosperity and material wealth is not based on Biblical principles. It's a very strange mix of capitalism and Christianity and has been popularized by a number of American megachurches for a number of years. It's completely the opposite of Biblical teachings, The Bible places no value on becoming wealthy and being materialistic, I'm not even religious but I know you're dead wrong.

I whole heartedly agree.
Materialism in the Church ( primarily in the USA ) is a cancer.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
If 'god' doesn't want your money then why does this invisible friend supposedly want their followers to give them ten percent of their money for their money for the rest of their life. That sounds more like a ploy by the church. Also, assuming this god exists, if they have everything then why would they want your heart. If they have everything then they would be fully fulfilled and fully content because they have everything they want. If they have everything they why would they need someone to devote their entire life to making it revolve around them. Are they a megalomaniac that has a pathological desire to have every person on the planet worship them. There are alot of people that aren't attatched to money, their heart isn't with their money so it isn't 'with god.'
It is not about how much money you give to the church, how well you do. how poor or rich you are. It is all about your relationship with God. when you form a relationship with God, he will get the messages through to you on how much money to donate. A decent church would not be worried about obtaining money anyways, they would put that situation into God's hands and let him take care of it. Do not listen to what the church has to say to you, listen to God. God's holy spirit will get the message through to you Just remember it is not about going to church on sundays or wednesdays or thursdays and so forth, its all about forming a relationship with God. I know some very good christians who do not even go to church, so please do not confuse who God really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality