Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:15 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,799,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
For what it's worth, I don't think there can be more that one Truth. I may be wrong. You may be wrong. Heck, we all may be wrong. But we can not all be right, ya know?

<why is it so much harder to type on a laptop than on a desktop??>
I do think you are right about there being only one truth, but I also don't think anyone knows who's it is. But my confusion doesn't come in with people who tend to look at the intention of the Word instead of the literal interpretation (which would be me, I try to put things into the context of society and today's times...not with out error I'm sure, but that is my intent and I only quote for those people who do believe it to be taken literally). I mean if you believe that the bible is the actual Word of God and error free...then how can you pick and choose? It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure we can all have a great laugh about it in heaven one day.

In addition the keyboard is smaller but your fingers are the same size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,188,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok but what are the lesser creatures if not the animals? I just don't get it I guess.
It appears you don't.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
So now it's a semantics debate over the word, "creature?" Why is this so difficult to accept?

Creatures are animals for they are not humans. I think it's pretty clear.
As I said, "...you need to go back and do a word study on the word "creature" and compare it in context throughout the entire Bible." I know that might be diffacult for you but you should try. It might even help you in other areas where you way off.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 PM

668 posts, read 678,961 times
I also said that Garfield should be allowed.

There is a dog that should not be allowed, it's that old nasty mean poodle looking thing that still barks at me after three years!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:52 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,592,103 times
Marks wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom
Ok but what are the lesser creatures if not the animals? I just don't get it I guess.

It appears you don't.
I'm normally not one to say anything unpleasant but your comments to irishmom sounded a little condescending and hurtful. Marks, I realize that you have strong feelings about your religious beliefs but I take offense when you act as though you're the authority figure and the lowly women who might take a different point of view should be dismissed with a sneer. Irishmom has added alot to this forum from a religious perspective and it appears to me that you've got alot of catching up to do.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I'm normally not one to say anything unpleasant but your comments to irishmom sounded a little condescending and hurtful. Marks, I realize that you have strong feelings about your religious beliefs but I take offense when you act as though you're the authority figure and the lowly women who might take a different point of view should be dismissed with a sneer. Irishmom has added alot to this forum from a religious perspective and it appears to me that you've got alot of catching up to do.
Awwwwe! Now I know where Jesus gets the white horse for his return...you've been keeping it safe all this time and riding it out when needed for exercise!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
It appears you don't.
Quote:
As I said, "...you need to go back and do a word study on the word "creature" and compare it in context throughout the entire Bible." I know that might be diffacult for you but you should try. It might even help you in other areas where you way off.
Why not explain it and enlighten us? If you share your knowledge of why you think the way you do and actually explain your reasoning then we can either agree or disagree based on that. Just stating "you're wrong" doesn't do anything for anyone and doesn't add to the discussion. I'm waiting.....

Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 PM

743 posts, read 2,230,498 times
Quote:
This is for anyone...not just Beth Ann...her post just trigered this thought...but many others led to it also.

I don't understand why if scripture says what you want it to it's the undeniable truth and word of God but if not it's simply ignored or speculation only? Why is that?
Irish....as a catholic, I'm sure you're well aware of this, but this is my take............

As a catholic, I look to the teaching body of the church, since as a catholic I believe that Christ established One True Church on earth with a heirarchy (the magesterium) and a physical leader (the Pope). Catholics believe that Christ gave His church authority. Catholics also believe that Christ works through people (and didn't just leave this one big book as the sole reference for everyone to "individually" interpret what scripture means to them)

Catholics look to the church, which combines faith and reason, spirituality and intellect for answers on moral, spiritual, as well as theological issues sicne we believe there are universal truths.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Why not explain it and enlighten us? If you share your knowledge of why you think the way you do and actually explain your reasoning then we can either agree or disagree based on that....
What do you think I've been doing all this time? I'm not responsible for peoples lack of understanding. Most people are stuck on believing what they want instead of the truth.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
What do you think I've been doing all this time? I'm not responsible for peoples lack of understanding. Most people are stuck on believing what they want instead of the truth.
Where have you explained what you came to find from a word study of the use of "creature" in the bible, in context throughout the bible? You say that lesser creature doesn't mean animals because of this but you don't explain why. If you did I missed it...please point me to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality