Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times

Advertisements

I grew up thinking that my pets weren't in heaven, but I don't know if that's true. I guess we'll know when we die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 PM

397 posts, read 608,427 times
when i lost my dog after 12 years, i asked this same question. according to islam, allah will grant you whatever your heart desires. if that be your lost pet then so be it. allah says to ask for what you want you know so, allah will grant your wish on the day of judgement when you enter paradise.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:31 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlike1516 View Post
listen ---
all of these post are so dumb ..
Your pets will be in heaven waiting for you, if god has eternal love for everyone, then what he created will be on the other side, you will see friends family pets, everything you care about will be there , no pain, no suffering just pure happiness ! So all the people grieving or upset over a pet, person etc, hope this helps,
Amen. EVERYTHING that we held in love in our consciousness will be with us because our consciousness is pure energy and that is eternal.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Some of these posts are very confusing, but luckily I don't have to figure them out. I believe animals are in heaven. Why wouldn't they be? They are God's creatures too, and they have nothing to repent of. They have always been in the state of grace in which they were created. Imagine a heaven without them? It would not be heavenly to me.
I have to agree. Of course, all animals would have to be there..no exceptions. It would all be rather like the Creationist museum...

'Kiddy rides on T Rex...two Hevenly Shekels...an ambrosia ice cream free with the special coupon..'

Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. EVERYTHING that we held in love in our consciousness will be with us because our consciousness is pure energy and that is eternal.
If ones consciousness is going to continue to exist, why would it be limited to only those things that are 'positive'?

Back in the days when I considered myself a good Christian, it was my understanding that eternal life with god in heaven meant residing with him and that all earthy wants/desires, etc would no longer exist.....god was all one would need.
Those things that please us here on earth would not be necessary in heaven so, back then, I would have voted for 'no dogs' in heaven.....no anything other than god.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 AM

17 posts, read 22,394 times
For such a small yes or no question this is a ridiculously long thread. I wouldn't dare attempt to read all of it but I read the first page. Well the simple fact is that if you do believe in God and heaven then you most likely believe the bible. And the bible says something about all creatures having a place in the final eternal kingdom or whatever. If you don't believe in that well then it really doesn't matter does it. I can't believe how long this has gone on lol.

Oh but cats do have no souls and if they do they're definitely going to Hell. Or being reincarnated as seth rogan's anal bead. Whatever your religion is, cats are definitely getting the **** end of the stick. Because they suck.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If ones consciousness is going to continue to exist, why would it be limited to only those things that are 'positive'?

Back in the days when I considered myself a good Christian, it was my understanding that eternal life with god in heaven meant residing with him and that all earthy wants/desires, etc would no longer exist.....god was all one would need.

Those things that please us here on earth would not be necessary in heaven so, back then, I would have voted for 'no dogs' in heaven.....no anything other than god.
You won't like the explanation, old_cold. But i will rely on your previous Christian understanding to provide a spiritual explanation. Consciousness energy . . . like ALL energy . . . is vibratory. The universal field that establishes our reality has a positive "polyphonic tone" (God's Love) and our consciousnesses must achieve a "harmonic" resonance with it. The dissonant and "off key" aspects are removed (refined/filtered out) as "noise." This "noise" is what is referred to as "hay, stubble and wood" with respect to our "works" that are tested (if you are familiar with those verses) . . . but we remain along with our "harmonic" love moments.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You won't like the explanation, old_cold. But i will rely on your previous Christian understanding to provide a spiritual explanation. Consciousness energy . . . like ALL energy . . . is vibratory. The universal field that establishes our reality has a positive "polyphonic tone" (God's Love) and our consciousnesses must achieve a "harmonic" resonance with it. The dissonant and "off key" aspects are removed (refined/filtered out) as "noise." This "noise" is what is referred to as "hay, stubble and wood" with respect to our "works" that are tested (if you are familiar with those verses) . . . but we remain along with our "harmonic" love moments.
Oh, I don't object to the explanation since it relates to achieving oneness with God and therefore not applicable for me.

It sounds like a more practical way to explain how billions of deceased can all be in heaven as one with God rather than be stuck in a visual of space-taking angels,wings,harps and halos.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
do dogs go to heaven?

If my neighbours dog doesn't stop barking all night, it's soon going to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality