Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes 81 66.39%
No 41 33.61%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:18 PM

253 posts, read 640,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I have noticed that there are a few (one in particular) on this forum that say they are Christians but in almost every thread side with the atheists... anyone else notice that?
I get the impression you are talking about me

People do notice me!!

lol, I don't mind if you mention my name. I don't purposely go with the athiests rather than the Christians, it's just that on this forum the athiests are often less judgemental, I try to leave judging to Christ if I can help it, that's all. I will go with whoever is closest to my belief. I am a bit of a different Christian due to the following reasons:

I am a Mormon

I believe the earth is probably older than 6,000 years

I believe that it is very likely God used evolution to create us (or in other words, he created us from the "dust" or the earth)

I believe it is not my place to condemn Gays, Athiests, Jews, or anybody else to Hell

I believe in going with who I feel is right regaurdless of who they are arguing agianst

I believe that if something is scientifically proven, we should take it seriously and consider that it might just be a fact.

I have come to the point where I don't mind if other Christians set me aside as different, I have come to the point where only Christ's opinion matters unconditionally to me. You can call me by name if I was the one you spoke of, say
Quote:
Has anybody else noticed thatManiac often sides with the athiests rather than the Christians?
also, to you Christians, there is one more thing that keeps me away from you (and this is not everybody, just a few whose names I will not mention) I see Christians who tell the athiests that they cannot prove there is no God, yet they quote the Bible as if it is fact. And the same people tend to be rather dramatic about their posts. That is why, if there are any traits in a human I don't look on with joy they are the following:

God-like judgement, Hypocracy, Drama, and closed mindedness

here's what I see in the athiests I side with:

Open mindedness, cool humor rather than drama, non-contradictory writing, and a very accepting personality of almost everybody

I also like the posts from people like Irishmom, Jerz, Gizmo, JeffnCandice, and several others who are not athiests, these people have fun , nice posts put in good humor.

Well, I feel that is a long enough post, if you have any further questions about why I often side with the athiests in debates, feel free to ask them becuase I am not somebody who is afraid of being singled out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,865,696 times
I believe in God. Thanks for asking, Original Poster.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,802,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Old 07-11-2007, 01:23 PM

253 posts, read 640,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I have to say I agree here, and with a Christian at that

Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,187,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post

People do notice me!!

lol, I don't mind if you mention my name. I don't purposely go with the athiests rather than the Christians, it's just that on this forum the athiests are often less judgemental, I try to leave judging to Christ if I can help it, that's all. I will go with whoever is closest to my belief. I am a bit of a different Christian due to the following reasons:

I am a Mormon

I believe that it is very likely God used evolution to create us (or in other words, he created us from the "dust" or the earth)

I believe it is not my place to condemn Gays, Athiests, Jews, or anybody else to Hell

I believe in going with who I feel is right regaurdless of who they are arguing agianst

I believe that if something is scientifically proven, we should take it seriously and consider that it might just be a fact.

I have come to the point where I don't mind if other Christians set me aside as different, I have come to the point where only Christ's opinion matters unconditionally to me. You can call me by name if I was the one you spoke of, say also, to you Christians, there is one more thing that keeps me away from you (and this is not everybody, just a few whose names I will not mention) I see Christians who tell the athiests that they cannot prove there is no God, yet they quote the Bible as if it is fact. And the same people tend to be rather dramatic about their posts. That is why, if there are any traits in a human I don't look on with joy they are the following:

Open mindedness, cool humor rather than drama, non-contradictory writing, and a very accepting personality of almost everybody

I also like the posts from people like Irishmom, Jerz, Gizmo, JeffnCandice, and several others who are not athiests, these people have fun , nice posts put in good humor.

Well, I feel that is a long enough post, if you have any further questions about why I often side with the athiests in debates, feel free to ask them becuase I am not somebody who is afraid of being singled out.
Ditto ditto ditto! Why couldn't I have worded my response so well?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 PM

954 posts, read 811,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I have noticed that there are a few (one in particular) on this forum that say they are Christians but in almost every thread side with the atheists... anyone else notice that?
Shock!! Horror!!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,187,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Shock!! Horror!!
I know. You guys are the scum of the earth, evidently.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,865,696 times
Regarding your belief in God, and not so much your beliefs in Atheists and Believers, why is that you believe in God?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,135,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post

People do notice me!!

I am a Mormon

I have come to the point where I don't mind if other Christians set me aside as different, I have come to the point where only Christ's opinion matters unconditionally to me. You can call me by name if I was the one you spoke of, say also, to you Christians, there is one more thing that keeps me away from you (and this is not everybody, just a few whose names I will not mention) I see Christians who tell the athiests that they cannot prove there is no God, yet they quote the Bible as if it is fact. And the same people tend to be rather dramatic about their posts. That is why, if there are any traits in a human I don't look on with joy they are the following:

Awesome maniac!! I so agree with everything you said You sure are mature for a 15 year old.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:14 PM

740 posts, read 2,011,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Shock!! Horror!!

Oh...Plad.... You are so crazy!!! I am sure that I am not the first to tell you that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality