Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
If the concept of heaven and hell are true, then that would mean that God is by far the most evil being in existence. To send someone to a place of ETERNAL torment is far worse than anything Hitler, Stalin, Mao or even Satan is capable of doing. No if and or buts about it. The concept of heaven and hell are characteristic of man, not of an all knowing all powerful all loving God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 07:24 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My Bible contains your Holy Scripture. What does your Scripture say about God's standard?

How else will you get to Heaven? By being "good"?
Judaism and Christianity are not at all alike. My aspirations are different then yours. Your Bible was take from my Bible yet I am sure even there they are very different.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Judaism and Christianity are not at all alike. My aspirations are different then yours. Your Bible was take from my Bible yet I am sure even there they are very different.
You could not be more wrong! Both are based on faith in God, our Creator.

Are your aspirations to please God?

Quote:
What does your Scripture say about God's standard?
Still waiting for an answer.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
You could not be more wrong! Both are based on faith in God, our Creator.

Are your aspirations to please God?

Still waiting for an answer.

You will be waiting for a long time because I am not going to argue with you. My aspirations and religion are different then yours. It is that simple.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 PM

860 posts, read 1,356,762 times
By the way, what do people in heaven do all day? If there's no bad, conflict or turmoil up there, then wouldn't heaven be a place where absolutley nothing happens???

Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM

187 posts, read 196,001 times
For hell to exist......

1) God must comprehend hell, as a dead zone of finality and pointless torture.......illogical

2) God would be less than a mental case like idi Armin (torture chamber in basement) At least the victim can abort through death.

3) At least in Christianity, Jesus only mentioned word hell once , understood by experts and the meaning is unclear. Hell is widely propagated by Christian faith. Christian faith also burned people at stake .(An insane interpetation of Christianity) Hell belief , is still popular as illogical insane and in-supportable as it is.

4) Where mankind exists , the issue of comparison through behavior is only possible with varied behavior. The varied behavior in a militant role relative to a hell belief becomes a necessary player in the hell believers final destiny.
Without the militant,(everyone is almost perfect) the hell believer, has no opportunity of choice. The game is over so to speak. Therefore the believer is looking at the reward of heaven ..."at the expense of the evil individual" This is illogical as the evil in the militant is partner in setting . Why should he or she go to hell. It was through his or her participation that..."allows" heaven for the believer. This gives more weight to the non-sense of hell.

For what its worth , I find ease in the proportionate goodness in self to simply continue in whatever will be.
Finally, there is no constructive nature to torment....Its what were supposed to be figuring out.
The only way a person can believe in hell.....is if they want to and .....LIKE IT

Old 11-20-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
You will be waiting for a long time because I am not going to argue with you. My aspirations and religion are different then yours. It is that simple.
Your non-answer speaks volumes. Your previous answer (below) doesn't match your Holy Scripture.

Quote:
Good according to what they believe. Each has their understanding according to their faith and religion. Each has their idea of what is good even as an atheist or agnostic.

All have the ability to be good and they don't need a set standard. You can be good and act in a morally right way and have no belief in G-d at all.

You as a Christian have your understanding and I as a Jew have mine. You and I disagree.

The difference is you say you are right and everyone else is wrong and I say I don't have the only truth and you don't have to be Jewish to understand G-d.

Its a matter of tolerance and understanding and not needing to prove what I believe to you or anyone else. I also am not behaving in a certain way in order to get some sort of salvation or achieve heaven. Those are Christian concepts.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Your non-answer speaks volumes. Your previous answer (below) doesn't match your Holy Scripture.
Your response does not surprise me. It must be difficult to understand when I say my tradition and readings of my Hebrew Bible are very different then yours. I don't owe you an explanation, nor do I have to prove a thing to you.

I am not a Christian I am a Jew and I do not adhere to any of your beliefs as to your Old Testament.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Your response does not surprise me. It must be difficult to understand when I say my tradition and readings of my Hebrew Bible are very different then yours. I don't owe you an explanation, nor do I have to prove a thing to you.

I am not a Christian I am a Jew and I do not adhere to any of your beliefs as to your Old Testament.
No, you do not adhere to your Holy Scripture.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
No, you do not adhere to your Holy Scripture.

It must be nice to think you know what I do........ Oh well back to my coffee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality