Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Thomas this is a friendship thread You don't have to stay on topic..Tell us a couple of your "fish stories" How bout a picture of the one you caught
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM

June, put that steak in the microwave on defrost setting..

Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well I had some barbecued chicken breast with sautéed mushrooms, cranberry sauce, and stuffing and today we had our first snow and we're supposed to get more over the weekend, guess I better get some firewood in...
Okay, now you're making June real hungry! (By the time this steak defrosts, I'll probably be eating around 10:00, silly June!)

I thought I saw a few (very brief) snow flakes the other day, but it was exceedingly short lived. June is actually one of those nuts who loves a good blizzard!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
...I haven't figured what to get people this Christmas.
Thomas, June can more than sympathize. Last year she did the majority of her Christmas shopping the week before Christmas, and was actually "out and about" buying gifts on Christmas Eve...Have vowed not to enact a "repeat performance" of that again this year, although haven't made a move towards buying anyone anything yet....

Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
June, put that steak in the microwave on defrost setting..
Actually, it was Jared who taught me the "trick" behind rapid defrosting of meat. He said to put the meat in a bowl of tepid water, and it'll defrost in no time at all. (THIS is what I sent him off to college for four years for!?) --But the last time I tried it, it worked like a charm! This time it seems to be taking a bit longer...But in the meantime, the cremed spinach was terrific!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Thomas, if you give us the age and gender and likes of the people on your list we will make suggestions

Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Thomas, if you give us the age and gender and likes of the people on your list we will make suggestions
WOW! Now that's an excellent idea for a thread in and of itself! Think of the service you'd be doing everyone, Blue! You could charge a modest fee for every gift idea that panned out, and before you know it, you'll be Miss Blue, Inc. on the SEC!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Ok..So June will you be my very first "Shoppee" ( I am "shopper")

Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Ok..So June will you be my very first "Shoppee" ( I am "shopper")
Oh thank God you asked!!!

Jared (June's "little June son") is the WORST person to shop for! He doesn't particularly like to read (weird kid...) so books are out of the question. He likes clothes, but has requested that I buy him gift cards to certain stores where he likes to shop. (Mom isn't fond of gift cards...I'll get him one or two, but I need actual gift ideas!) He's big time into golf and Rugby, but neither of those sports take place during winter....I'm truly at a loss as to what to get the kid, and I need to have a bunch of things for him under the tree, so ANY creative/ingenious ideas would be more than welcome!

P.S. June, in many respects, is as "shopping impaired" as she is "cooking impaired!" --Trends, many trends!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,978 times
Quote:
Coal, coal coal coal silicate coal coal coal.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
I caught a fish once, but it was a small one and I had to toss it back. Oh well, it was still fun.

Anywho, I'm still settling back into school after Thanksgiving break. It's been really hectic for my whole class because our math teacher has been assigning us a LOT of work which we can only do in class, and worse, he didn't tell us how to do it, he only gave us the basics. Oh, woe is me, Google Math doesn't understand exponents written as fractions!
boy do i remember those days. you can do it; we are counting on you to do it!
what are your fields of study?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality