Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times

Advertisements

Just saw in the news there was a baby born on 07/07/07 at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and on the 7th floor of the hospital. Looks like we have our antichrist folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 02:47 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Just saw in the news there was a baby born on 07/07/07 at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and on the 7th floor of the hospital. Looks like we have our antichrist folks!
I won't be surprised if a lot of people will believe that No one here, I don't think, but some of those televangelists just might make a few bucks off of it

Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,203 times
Sorry, it's too young!

IMHO, the end will come before it grows up!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Sorry, it's too young!

IMHO, the end will come before it grows up!

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe that?

Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what makes you believe that?
I once did a timeline study, starting in Genesis and counting the generations. I found a coincidence when I got to Abraham that made me go, "Hmmm, that's interesting." Doing a little further study on Abraham, I went .

That study happened to coincide with an interest in Biblical prophecy. I'm of the school of thought that there is a 6000 year human/earth history (reflecting the 6 days of creation), and a 1000 year period of rest (the Millennial Kingdom). Our 6000 years are up (or nearly so)! After my timeline study, I've always thought the year 2008 would be a watershed year. (Since the Jewish New Year is in the Fall, 2007 could be pivotal instead. Or, events of 2007 could usher in what I think might happen in 2008.)

There's more reasons, but the two I've listed are what convinced me we don't have much time left. Of course, I could always be wrong!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I once did a timeline study, starting in Genesis and counting the generations. I found a coincidence when I got to Abraham that made me go, "Hmmm, that's interesting." Doing a little further study on Abraham, I went .

That study happened to coincide with an interest in Biblical prophecy. I'm of the school of thought that there is a 6000 year human/earth history (reflecting the 6 days of creation), and a 1000 year period of rest (the Millennial Kingdom). Our 6000 years are up (or nearly so)! After my timeline study, I've always thought the year 2008 would be a watershed year. (Since the Jewish New Year is in the Fall, 2007 could be pivotal instead. Or, events of 2007 could usher in what I think might happen in 2008.)

There's more reasons, but the two I've listed are what convinced me we don't have much time left. Of course, I could always be wrong!

Oh, wow I was under the impression you were thinking 10-15 maybe 20 years down the road, not 18 months. So what happens if/when you are wrong? I'll give you credit where credit is due. Not many people would be willing to stick their neck out and say it'll happen in the next year and a half, especially since I'll be waiting until 2009 to say you were wrong

Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
So what happens if/when you are wrong?
If I'm wrong, it's back to the drawing board! (Actually, I've got a couple of alternative ideas, but I'd need to do some more studying.)

Thankfully, I don't claim to be a prophet! If they're wrong, they're supposed to be stoned to death. However, I'll be rolling my eyes if you get the chance to remind me of this. Then, I'll annoy you with my next off the wall idea!

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do if I'm right?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
That would not be grounds for the antichrist. LOL The number seven does not connect with such a scenario. Now if it were all 6's maybe we could raise that eyebrow

Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default 6's maybe, 7's no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
That would not be grounds for the antichrist. LOL The number seven does not connect with such a scenario. Now if it were all 6's maybe we could raise that eyebrow
That's exactly what I was gonna post, Marks! 6's maybe!

Actually, I have always been taught that "7" is kinda symbolic for the number of completion or perfection. Kinda like "God's number" so to speak.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
If I'm wrong, it's back to the drawing board! (Actually, I've got a couple of alternative ideas, but I'd need to do some more studying.)

Thankfully, I don't claim to be a prophet! If they're wrong, they're supposed to be stoned to death. However, I'll be rolling my eyes if you get the chance to remind me of this. Then, I'll annoy you with my next off the wall idea!

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do if I'm right?
Just a quick question here, should I stop paying my mortgage? I'd like to spend my last days freely and really have some fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality