Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
dont think so,science dosent actually have the awnser,so the scietific awnswer is we dont exactly know,so how is that a better awnser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Inside yourself. You can only find God by looking inside your own heart.
My heart? Geez, I was under the impression that a heart was an organ that pumps blood. Great non answer. There is no god. The entire idea of an entity that creates and controls all is merely fiction...The story of superman coming from the planet krypton make more sense.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
dont think so,science dosent actually have the awnser,so the scietific awnswer is we dont exactly know,so how is that a better awnser.
'We don't know yet' is always a better answer than 'it's MAGIC!!' Plus, which answer are you talking about? Bet science has a better response than your fake god.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
If you don't know, any answer is a "good" answer.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Inside yourself. You can only find God by looking inside your own heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
My heart? Geez, I was under the impression that a heart was an organ that pumps blood. Great non answer. There is no god. The entire idea of an entity that creates and controls all is merely fiction...The story of superman coming from the planet krypton make more sense.
When will you trolls stop nitpicking the metaphoric with asinine and irrelevant points when you know what the use of "heart" has meant for millenia. Only losers play that juvenile game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
'We don't know yet' is always a better answer than 'it's MAGIC!!' Plus, which answer are you talking about? Bet science has a better response than your fake god.
Always mistating the positions in your favor, MC. The positions are: 1.) there are no gods of any kind because we have created a series of euphemisms for our ignorance as a placeholder for the Source of all that exists and called it scientific . . . versus 2.) there is a Source for all that exists that is undeniably God and only CERTAIN attributes are in dispute. The individual beliefs about attributes must stand on their own . . . but the existence is currently SCIENTIFICALLY undeniable.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When will you trolls stop nitpicking the metaphoric with asinine and irrelevant points when you know what the use of "heart" has meant for millenia. Only losers play that juvenile game.

Always mistating the positions in your favor, MC. The positions are: 1.) there are no gods of any kind because we have created a series of euphemisms for our ignorance as a placeholder for the Source of all that exists and called it scientific . . . versus 2.) there is a Source for all that exists that is undeniably God and only CERTAIN attributes are in dispute. The individual beliefs about attributes must stand on their own . . . but the existence is currently SCIENTIFICALLY undeniable.
i seen you had my quote in there,but didnt actually quote me on it..anyway number 2 makes perfect sense to me

Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:

Great response, you have managed to add two more to the long list of names you have called me...Congratulations, I hope it makes you feel more important than you already do.

Your so called evidence of the existence of god is not only scientifically unprovable, it's always been in dispute.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Great response, you have managed to add two more to the long list of names you have called me...Congratulations, I hope it makes you feel more important than you already do.
Are you denying that you knew the actual use of the term "heart" and claiming the you were not simply being one of those juvenile losers by pointing it out as if you didn't? If you can sincerely tell me that you did not know . . . I will retract the adjectives.
Quote:
Your so called evidence of the existence of god is not only scientifically unprovable, it's always been in dispute.
It is the same evidence you use for your euphemisms for our ignorance . . . except you try to pretend it is scientific.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Are you denying that you knew the actual use of the term "heart" and claiming the you were not simply being one of those juvenile losers by pointing it out as if you didn't? If you can sincerely tell me that you did not know . . . I will retract the adjectives.It is the same evidence you use for your euphemisms for our ignorance . . . except you try to pretend it is scientific.
You know as well as I do that many of the religious actually believe that the heart is more than a pump.

Really now? When have I ever said that science has disproved your deity? I have never presented and such evidence, nor do I have any. I'm rowing in the same boat as you, but in the opposite direction. I have the same amount of evidence that you do to prove the opposite...Absolutely none, but I do have reason and common sense, and most of the assertions of believers, including yours defy logic.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:56 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
My heart? Geez, I was under the impression that a heart was an organ that pumps blood.
He or she is likely mean one's emotional center. In Japanese "heart", the emotional sense, and "heart" the organ are different words. My sister taught me them, but I admit I've forgotten.

You're probably not being that literal, you're probably just mocking, but felt it needed to be stated.

Quote:
Great non answer. There is no god.
This is your opinion. Opinions are not facts no matter how much you parade them as such.

Quote:
The entire idea of an entity that creates and controls all is merely fiction.
In your opinion. You really don't know. And in any event even without God there is presumably a basic force, the unification of the four forces (strong and weak nuclear, electromagnetism, and gravity), which created and controls all.

Quote:
The story of superman coming from the planet krypton make more sense.
Snideness and personal incredulity are not actually any kind of argument.

A being that explains the nature of basic constants in the Universe and is believed in, in some form, by diverse global cultures is certainly more credible than an extraterrestrial invented by writers who at times flouted established scientific knowledge. I think you know this you just want to be snide and superior like many atheists here or in this new generation of Internet-atheists.

So again your personal snide and smugness says nothing. In its way it's a good argument against atheism, but atheists here make so many good displays of why atheism is a bad way to live it could almost make me forget the many reasonable and fine-living atheists out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality