Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times

Advertisements

Hypothetical situation: let's say you were on an archaelogical expedition somewhere, and actually were able to find the original Ark of the Covenant. Would you dare to touch it? And, who would you tell about such a discovery? Where do you think it will be found? (If you do a Google search, you'll find those who've claimed to already having located it...)
For those who don't know, in the Old Testament they were carrying the Ark (with long wooden poles) when all of a sudden it was about to fall over, so a guy reached out his hand to steady it. He died...right there on the spot.
Would such an outcome be any different today...?

2 Samuel 6:5-7
And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God

Me? Thanks, but no thanks: I don't think I'd touch...I'd look...but that's it...
And, YES!....I would LOVE to be on such an expedition!....

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
I'd touch it. I'd open it. I'd praise God for the discovery, too. And I heard an very interesting perspective on the Uzzah incident one time. Fascinating, really.

Thanks Bud!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Hypothetical situation: let's say you were on an archaelogical expedition somewhere, and actually were able to find the original Ark of the Covenant. Would you dare to touch it? And, who would you tell about such a discovery? Where do you think it will be found? (If you do a Google search, you'll find those who've claimed to already having located it...)
For those who don't know, in the Old Testament they were carrying the Ark (with long wooden poles) when all of a sudden it was about to fall over, so a guy reached out his hand to steady it. He died...right there on the spot.
Would such an outcome be any different today...?

2 Samuel 6:5-7
And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God

Me? Thanks, but no thanks: I don't think I'd touch...I'd look...but that's it...
And, YES!....I would LOVE to be on such an expedition!....

Bud
Didn't you see the Indiana Jones movie?!? Of course I wouldn't touch it!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'd touch it. I'd open it. I'd praise God for the discovery, too. And I heard an very interesting perspective on the Uzzah incident one time. Fascinating, really.

Thanks Bud!
I'd wait and see what happened to Alpha!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Didn't you see the Indiana Jones movie?!? Of course I wouldn't touch it!
yea it burned the nazi sign off in the movie..i aint touching it-lol. I originally want to be an archealogist. largely in part to Indie, so id love to be on that expedition as well!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I'd wait and see what happened to Alpha!
Haha. Love that!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,218 times
No thanks on the melted face.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
How would you be absolutly sure that you had found the real one? After all, others have found what they were sure was the real one too.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:13 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
How would you be absolutly sure that you had found the real one? After all, others have found what they were sure was the real one too.
Well if Alpha gets melted we would know it was the real one.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well if Alpha gets melted we would know it was the real one.
hehehe. 'Irishmark' when you care enough to send the very best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality