Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:21 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,373,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ans since the OP has had threads shut down for asking this very same question in various forums, it's obvious some do not learn by experience.

because you're being egotistical and not objective in terms of what thread matter or does not.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
rather than telling everyone what you want in totally vague terms, why dont you be specific?

noone here knows what you know and what you dont know - clearly you feel you are deficient in certain areas of knowledge (otherwise you would not have started this thread)- why dont you give some specific examples of areas in which you believe your knowledge is deficient?

also, what leads you to believe your knowledge in these areas is below par? have you been institutionalised, or otherwise missed out on important educational periods?
In the normal/common wisdom of life.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 PM

16,631 posts, read 15,583,585 times
It's pretty obvious we are never going to know what the OP really wants to know. Several people asked for more details and did not get any. The only logical conclusion is that the thread was started only as a trolling mechanism.

(I got my "normal knowledge of life" in the normal way as I lived my life and gained knowledge.)

Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,130,928 times
The question is so vague that it's impossible to answer. It seems to me that by the time one reaches 31, he'd have some "knowledge of life". What "normal" means is anyone's guess, since he won't tell us.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The question is so vague that it's impossible to answer. It seems to me that by the time one reaches 31, he'd have some "knowledge of life". What "normal" means is anyone's guess, since he won't tell us.
Yeah, it's like asking "what does something wet feel like".

Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
In the normal/common wisdom of life.
so where i remember hearing or reading some psychologist theorize most normal humans do not comprehend the mere fact that they are mortal until age 30.
do you feel mortal or immortal?

here's a chart of human averages/norms maybe it will help you some.Human Growth Development Stages | eHow.com

Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 PM

16,631 posts, read 15,583,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
or, "How long is a piece of string?"

Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,555,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Or someone driving from Boston to Los Angeles to read about the U S highway system

Old 12-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It's pretty obvious we are never going to know what the OP really wants to know. Several people asked for more details and did not get any. The only logical conclusion is that the thread was started only as a trolling mechanism.

(I got my "normal knowledge of life" in the normal way as I lived my life and gained knowledge.)
I disagree. I think everybody has normal knowledge by default. Everybody but me knows the usual knowledge of life.

And before somebody says that knowledge is relative, and that people hold different knowledge in life. I dispute this, since as human beings there are things we need to know above all else. Knowing by what margin Lincoln was elected is of less human importance than knowing how to get on with others, or knowing how to make friends, or knowing how to hold down a job.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:51 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,258,070 times
I was going to go off and explain some academic philosophy, like empiricism vs rationalism or like true, justified belief or some junk but I re-read the post.

samston, normal is a vague term. I've learned over the course of my life that none of us are "normal." There have been instances in my life that have turned my beliefs upside down.

But if you truly think that you aren't 'normal' or that something isn't right then go get some help.

Talk to a psychologist or anyone (besides a forum) who will listen to you.

But if you think you're just lacking some knowledge you're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Our social environment is extremely important in how it shapes us, I know by missing just one social cue you can be labeled as weird or strange or whatever however unfortunate that may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.