U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 AM

8,729 posts, read 5,814,121 times
Default love this movie, lol

i heart huckabees - transcending space and time - YouTube

I've actually had some pretty far out experiences. I rarely share these with others who cannot relate nor understand where I'm coming from, as words somehow fail to convey precise definition w/ those unfamiliar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul

1. The Archaic Consciousness of Infants (extreme codependency)
2. The Magical Consciousness of Children (Egocentric/self-centered)
3. Mythic Consciousness - Pre-Adolescence (Conformist, rule abider, parents are considered perfect/godlike... religious wars are based on this thinking)
4. Rational Consciousness (most adults are at this level - reason things out, but is often only considering one possible line of reason)
5. Vision-Logic Consciousness (Considers multiple possible lines of reason)
6. Psychic Consciousness (Sensing a spiritual energy of self and others, & at times a deeper understanding of past, present & future, by reading energy)
7. Dark Night of the Senses (5 senses no longer are enough, a higher sense is more the focus)
8. Subtle Consciousness (Discovering more spiritual guidance)
9. The Dark Night of the Soul (realizing the hidden/dark parts - bringing subconscious to awareness)
10. Resurrection from the Dark Night (Realizing we are more than the fears/shame we had previously tried to keep dark, now that it all is brought to light, we feel light)
11. Christ Consciousness - The Causal Level (True Christian love, having confronted the humanity in self, one finds compassion for the humanity in all)
12. Nondual Consciousness - Ascension into the Kingdom of Heaven (one with God - so that thoughts, feelings & actions are one with God & better flow with higher/spiritual purpose)
This is good stuff right here. I began the journey myself long ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM

1,997 posts, read 1,452,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

I've actually had some pretty far out experiences. I rarely share these with others who cannot relate nor understand where I'm coming from, as words somehow fail to convey precise definition w/ those unfamiliar.

This is good stuff right here. I began the journey myself long ago.

A friend introduced me to this book & I added my thoughts of each stage.

It seems like a never-ending journey, like we never really "arive" - but learn to journey well.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM

1,997 posts, read 1,452,396 times
"Self-trust is the first secret to success. " - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality