Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
God gives you the first breath you breathe and takes away the last breath you breathe. Why do you think there's suicide attempts? It's God way of saying it wasn't time for that person to go yet.

I've known people who have attempted and committed suicide. Several of them are related to me. You do not know what that person was going through to make them get to that point. Some people have so much pain wheather its emotionally, physically and/or mentally, they just feel its best to end it all.

God makes his judgement at the end of who gets to go to Heaven. Everyone is a sinner and I believe those who accept and believe in Jesus have a good chance of going to Heaven
If I was a believer I'd probably want to kill myself just to escape the oppressive lifestyle. But, there is no god and there is no heaven or hell. Also, doesn't this belong over in the christianity forum where you all can argue over who is a True Christian and gets to decide what god really wants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,476,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
If I was a believer I'd probably want to kill myself just to escape the oppressive lifestyle. But, there is no god and there is no heaven or hell. Also, doesn't this belong over in the christianity forum where you all can argue over who is a True Christian and gets to decide what god really wants?
For some it is not an oppressive lifestyle. It can certainly be made very difficult and that is truly unfortunate.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
There are seven things god will not forgive.
I hope being on CityData isn't one of them. I am freakin' doomed.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Three of them are unpronounceable.
Well, what if you say them with an accent, then? Come on, man. Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Of course suicides do not go to hell....There is no hell.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:27 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,104,827 times
Quote:
God makes his judgement at the end of who gets to go to Heaven. Everyone is a sinner and I believe those who accept and believe in Jesus have a good chance of going to Heaven
How do you suppose this might apply to the Belgian priest-raped suicides?

I certainly doubt that any of those victims could have still accepted and believed in anyone whose agents could/would perform such unspeakable abuse on innocent children.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:17 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course suicides do not go to hell....There is no hell.
...Although it's endlessly fascinating to observe people who claim to know exactly what happens to us when we die. They don't use qualifiers like "maybe" or "perhaps." They know for 100% certain, and...and...anyone who argues with them is going to hell.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,554 times
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. Suicide attempts are God's way of saying it wasn't time for someone to go yet?

If I were God I think I could come up with a better way than that.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
Quote:
God gives you the first breath you breathe and takes away the last breath you breathe. Why do you think there's suicide attempts? It's God way of saying it wasn't time for that person to go yet.

I've known people who have attempted and committed suicide. Several of them are related to me. You do not know what that person was going through to make them get to that point. Some people have so much pain wheather its emotionally, physically and/or mentally, they just feel its best to end it all.

Suicide is an act that is not loving of the self, they feel there is no hope. Any person who does not love themselves or others will spend some time in darkness (hell) It is a temporary position but it is entirely up to the person if they want to stagnate or progress. Suicide is never the way to go however, it is a pardonable act.

What could transpire in the mind of one who believed that his life was better ended by his own will, that his purpose within the scheme of things was no more? This very thought against the instinct of survival is also against the true purpose of his creation as a child of God - to love and be loved, to exalt the highest creation by living within the keeping of the Law of Love, and return to the Source of all life, becoming at-one with his Maker. What greater honor is there for man? But when one turns his eyes from his potential and from true soul love, and plunges himself into a self-made torment of hopelessness that argues with his very desire to live and breathe, alas, his deserving and honorable soul will suffer by his own hand. And until he turns back to love and thoughts of harmony, not only within himself but with all creation, he will remain in his darkness. Part of a message channeled from Jesus - Jesus: On suicide. AR 16 Jan 2000

Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,173,926 times
Since there is no hell, I regard it as a fundamental right to take one's own life if it is simply too painful and hopeless to go on. I had a look at the link just above, and it strikes me as complete nonsense, unbelievable in the extreme. But to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality