Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 12:23 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

I suppose that couldn't be at all connected with that curious suicide -spike in N Zealand which Jeff, as I recall, wanted to blame on increased atheism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 09:45 PM

595 posts, read 761,776 times
Something I was told in my twenties. My mother said when she was giving birth to me, we both almost died. She said she saw 3 crosses and was bounced back and forth from the left cross to the right cross. Then when she hit the center cross, she went unconscious and I was born.
My mother committed suicide when I was 27. She was 47.
She never spoke of God, neither did my father. The only time us 5 children went to church was when a neighbor asked or an elderly couple we knew. Very very seldom.
I met God at 15. I met Jesus 3 days later.
It took a long time to work through all of this, but God is merciful.
The conclusion: God's body and soul, His business. Someone's decision to commit suicide does not effect who I believe in or me knowing I am never alone and how much I am loved. Someone's decision does not effect how much I love them.

God bless
Mercy

Old 06-04-2018, 09:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Something I was told in my twenties. My mother said when she was giving birth to me, we both almost died. She said she saw 3 crosses and was bounced back and forth from the left cross to the right cross. Then when she hit the center cross, she went unconscious and I was born.
My mother committed suicide when I was 27. She was 47.
She never spoke of God, neither did my father. The only time us 5 children went to church was when a neighbor asked or an elderly couple we knew. Very very seldom.
I met God at 15. I met Jesus 3 days later.
It took a long time to work through all of this, but God is merciful.
The conclusion: God's body and soul, His business. Someone's decision to commit suicide does not effect who I believe in or me knowing I am never alone and how much I am loved. Someone's decision does not effect how much I love them.

God bless
Mercy

I'm glad you found peace of mind.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:19 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I'm guessing that those clearly-malignant Luke/14-26 directives were written specifically to dodge the already anticipated interference from worried family members.

Centuries of brainwashing/isolation successes in monasteries seem to bear witness to it.

Then in recent years, pedophile priests seem to use the tool to take advantage of wayward kids.

More horrible tragedy here is the related suicide epidemic of Australian clergy-abuse victims.

They're estimating that a third of the kids have ended up dead by their own hand.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...19-gh535a.html

Yes satan is real. It is satan causing the problems. His #1 job--attack the seed of Jesus. Few can stand against him. Each individual is usually there own worst enemy.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Do you believe in Noah's Flood?"

"Yes, that actually happened."

"Do you believe in the huge fish swallowing Jonah?"

"If that's what the Bible says, I believe that it happened."

"The talking snake and donkey?"

"I believe those things actually occurred."

" Christians should hate their families"?

"It is obviously symbolic ."

A sad post---shows your lack of knowing God. Jesus warned that would be the case-John 15:20-21

Old 06-05-2018, 05:39 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes satan is real. It is satan causing the problems. His #1 job--attack the seed of Jesus. Few can stand against him. Each individual is usually there own worst enemy.
Poor jesus. His brother Satan’s picking on him again?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:27 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
They just found fashion designer Kate Spade dead from suicide. Hung herself with a scarf. Wonder if it was one of her own design.

Yes, I am going to Hell for that.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:39 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
OH!

Old 06-05-2018, 12:25 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes satan is real. It is satan causing the problems.

If Satan's primary job description is to punish the bad people, how is HE 'evil'?

Old 06-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I'm guessing that those clearly-malignant Luke/14-26 directives were written specifically to dodge the already anticipated interference from worried family members.

Centuries of brainwashing/isolation successes in monasteries seem to bear witness to it.

Then in recent years, pedophile priests seem to use the tool to take advantage of wayward kids.

More horrible tragedy here is the related suicide epidemic of Australian clergy-abuse victims.

They're estimating that a third of the kids have ended up dead by their own hand.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...19-gh535a.html

99% of all religion claiming to be Christian----ARENT--this is a fact of life. After Jesus, apostles and followers were murdered--thereligion went underground at best and was lost--The religion that came out of Rome=2Thess 2:3--the great apostasy and its 33,999 branches are included. Truth did not come back to this earth until here in these last days( Daniel 12:4) not through those 34,000 religions. through one single religion( 1Cor 1:10)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality