Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 AM

267 posts, read 533,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
That's really sad. I can't imagine ever outgrowing fun!

What is it that makes young people today feel so hopeless? Did you grow up before your time and, therefore, never learned to have fun to begin with? Are life experiences or world events bringing you down? Or do you just need a new definition of fun? I'd sincerely like to know what you're thinking.
When you're young you're forced to get a low minimum paying job while you work your way through college unless you're parents are rich and love you making you the envy of everyone else. You don't have time for fun. You're exhausted. And the news just gets you down each night. You've also lost most if not all of your high school friends...and even if you do keep in touch odds are you're all too exhausted and stressed about being thrust out into the world to do much. That's why I feel hopeless, at least

Is no one but me going to share a photo? *raises eyebrow*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM

743 posts, read 2,233,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
When you're young you're forced to get a low minimum paying job while you work your way through college unless you're parents are rich and love you making you the envy of everyone else. You don't have time for fun. You're exhausted. And the news just gets you down each night. You've also lost most if not all of your high school friends...and even if you do keep in touch odds are you're all too exhausted and stressed about being thrust out into the world to do much. That's why I feel hopeless, at least

Is no one but me going to share a photo? *raises eyebrow*
Virtoe.....in college I pretty much lived on mac and cheese (and quarter beer drafts ).....but, seriously.....you need some adventure....at your age, life should be your oyster

Old 07-14-2007, 08:12 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
I've got a friend coming soon that knows about those 'jiffy thingies' that you use to post pics...so there may be a photo of the dreaded Plad...soon. Watch this space........if you dare!!!
Let's see two...one post haircut and one rocking out on stage!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
11, 8 and 5......no more "bundles of joy"......just lots and lots of energy
Mine are 5 & 6.....I relate!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:43 PM

743 posts, read 2,233,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Mine are 5 & 6.....I relate!
Yeah....like they never stop moving....

Old 07-15-2007, 06:22 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
Virote, will it make you feel better to know that every recent generation has experienced what you're experiencing? Many others have survived and thrived; you will, too! (That's supposed to be encouraging, not condescending! ) Also, fun can be found in little things if life's commitments are keeping you from the bigger fun. Look for fun, and make it, whenever and wherever you can!

I totally understand about the news. When I lived in the San Francisco area, I became very depressed listening to the news. So, I turned it off!!! I figured if something earth shattering happened, I would find out about it and could tune into the news then! I'm convinced you'll never have a proper perspective on life if you don't balance the news with other things.

I suggest you get some much needed sleep. (How's the aura of your room nowadays? I have been praying for you.) Turn off the news. Step away from the computer. Then, you will have freed up some time to go have fun! Just be responsible while having fun!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
[quote=jason1117;1066223]I always wonder whether I am already too old to have fun.
I'm 20 years old.[/quot

Jason, Jason, Jason Honey, I am 65 and having a ballThe key to having fun is not to feel sorry for yourself, (that depresses you)and to have a good sense of humor , which draws people to you. You have to like yourself first.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:06 AM

C'mon kids, where are the pictures.? I promise I will have one of the kids take one of me to post..Maybe if I go first you all will see how ugly I am and will want to show off your good looks

Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
[quote=blue62;Maybe if I go first you all will see how ugly I am and will want to show off your good looks[/QUOTE]

Aw, now Blue, I'm finding this a bit difficult to believe!!! C'mon now!!! It's Sunday, and I'm sitting here thinking: "Now don't make this die-hard atheist June feel as though she's gotta start praying for ya!" --It's the inner beauty we're all lovin', one and all!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Aw, now Blue, I'm finding this a bit difficult to believe!!! C'mon now!!! It's Sunday, and I'm sitting here thinking: "Now don't make this die-hard atheist June feel as though she's gotta start praying for ya!" --It's the inner beauty we're all lovin', one and all!
Speaking if inner beauty, June..You made me do a little deep thinking here. None of us have ever met anyone here in person, that I know of, and definitely would not recognize each other on the street. However, I think some of us actually know each other better than we knoiw our rl friends
It is my opinion that most of us feel more free here to be ourselves and our inner beauty does show. Maybe it is just because we have a chance to "proofread" our words before we send them out. I have the "mother hen " personality and want to take care of everyone in the rl, and sometimes it manifests here. If I don't see someone on for awhile, I pm them just to check up on them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality