Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
No humans are literally animals. Humans are no different than any other species on the earth. Humans are just animals who know the world around them and can talk.
That definition of a human will not work. Many are not that aware of the world around them so really know nothing other than their own little space and some cannot talk, like my son who is still very human.

I often see people now that do not appear to have a soul as you can sense the emptiness of the spirit. I actually can't think of a lower form of animal that I have came across that did not have a soul, "spirit" about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That definition of a human will not work. Many are not that aware of the world around them so really know nothing other than their own little space and some cannot talk, like my son who is still very human.

I often see people now that do not appear to have a soul as you can sense the emptiness of the spirit. I actually can't think of a lower form of animal that I have came across that did not have a soul, "spirit" about them.
I tried to look up where the soul is located, using my Biology book, but I can't find it.... Any idea where it might be?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ahem!....right - you are no different then an amoeba! I'm going to give you another try to get this correct...
A human living at this moment has evolved on earth for exactly as long as an amoeba has.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Many are not taught the truth, and many don’t really seek it. They just go by whatever their minister says. Thinking he’s sent by God, not all are ,(2Cor.-11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

Therefore they wouldn’t know ALL truth, or know, yet refuse to teach it. Anyway, animals do have a “soul”, because they ARE souls!, (Num.31:28- And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep). notice every breathing being is called a soul.

just as we are souls, Jesus even shows, the soul is a living being, (Luke 12:19- And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry). if souls were ghost there would be no need to eat and drink). Jehovah’s word show this when he created Adam ,(1Cor.15:45 -And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul). there’s No ghostly form that leaves the body and floats around, or is in a “hellfire” peace

Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I tried to look up where the soul is located, using my Biology book, but I can't find it.... Any idea where it might be?
RESPONSE:

The "soul" is thought to be the life principle. All living things have a soul.

According to Aristotle and Aquinas, there are three stages in the development of the human soul: vegitative, animal, rational.

According to the Christian religions, the last stage, the rational, is limited only to human beings and that "soul" is immaterial (ie., not matter or energy).

Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 AM

61 posts, read 72,599 times
Nothing has a soul because soul's do not exist. However, according the Bible, animals were created by God FOR man. Humans are the only animal that eat from the tree of knowledge as well. All the Christians here will say their opinions but put simply we can only answer the question based on what the Bible itself says, interpretations and assumptions are pointless.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:07 PM

33,533 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
A human living at this moment has evolved on earth for exactly as long as an amoeba has.
Paleontologists have traced the origins of humans and other vertebrates to a worm that swam in the oceans half a billion years ago, said a study published Monday. AFP: Human origins traced to worm fossil in Canada
I wonder if it had a soul?

Last edited by sanspeur; 03-05-2012 at 02:20 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Maybe the soul is converted into that mysterious 'dark matter' when we die. It is still around but none of our instruments can detect it. Ever think of that?
I would like my soul to be converted into rainbows. Or the Force. Having my soul used to choke a commander on the Deathstar would be uber cool.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times
I've scanned over some of the posts here. Unless I missed something, which I certainly may have, Christianity is not the only religion.

You must follow your own beliefs. If you believe animals have a soul, then find a religion which supports that.

If you cannot find a religion which supports your beliefs, then create your own. They were all created by someone at some point.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
In the universal field. It is a non-baryonic dark energy/matter field energy composite . . . not baryonic energy/matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality