Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:20 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Oh but they have
" Pride".

And that will be their downfall, as it was for all of their predessors.

Peace.
Most atheist aren't prideful. Most don't really care about religion at all.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:23 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Most adamant Atheists are just like adamant Christians--Atheists who believe their belief is the only right one.
I don't mean to attack you but theres not a day that goes by that Rifleman doesn't receive 1,000,000 reps for his adamant Atheist posts. I have never seen an Atheist call him out. Or Mercury Cougar. Or Pitts2Sarasota. or Melvin.George. All adamant Atheist in my opinion. Not a day goes by without Mercury Cougars attack threads on Christianity. As for me? I've called out plenty of Christians on the Christian forum and I am one. But If I don't agree with someone or the way they are treating others, I'm going to confront them. Plain and simple. I just don't think your being very honest when you call out adamant Atheist but then turn out and rep people like Rifleman or Mercury Cougar. And that's not a sly attack on them or anything but everyone knows their deal around this forum.

Last edited by allenk893; 12-26-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 12-26-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Most atheist aren't prideful. Most don't really care about religion at all.
That has to be one of the most reckless statements I've read all year. Most Atheist don't care about religion? Really? Is that why most of them remain on the religious section on C-D year after year after year? Or there many websites and forums devoted to Atheist opposing religion? Or their convention and rallies where they discuss their disbeliefs in religion? Or the many books and studies published by Atheist that have to do with religion?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That has to be one of the most reckless statements I've read all year. Most Atheist don't care about religion? Really? Is that why most of them remain on the religious section on C-D year after year after year? Or there many websites and forums devoted to opposing religion? Or their convention and rallies where they discuss their disbeliefs in religion? Or the many books and studies published by Atheist that have to do with religion?
That's only a few of us who are vocal, and until about 2 years ago even I never did any of that.

Most atheist never talk about atheism, or think about it all that much. Only a few of us are interested in religion at all.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
That's only a few of us who are vocal, and until about 2 years ago even I never did any of that.

Most atheist never talk about atheism, or think about it all that much. Only a few of us are interested in religion at all.
Are you serious right now? I can't believe an Atheist actually just said that.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
This is a discussion board, where in one not only discusses those issues they agree with, but also voices their disagreement with those opinions they think are wrong.
The thing is, we can't discuss right or wrong until we know if it is true or false - unless the original post was purely hypothetical.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Are you serious right now? I can't believe an Atheist actually just said that.
Yes, most atheist don't spend their time dealing with religion.

They simply don't spend any more time thinking about Christianity than they do greek mythology, unless they have a reason to. They may not even self-identify as an atheist, they simply don't believe the one religion you happen to believe in.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,164 times
Quote:
Yes but when you start speaking for other people, start listing that you think the thread is invalid, I question why you are reading it.

Peace.
You often say this on your threads.

Don't you realize that when you post opinions, or even factual things backed up by links, you are open to all sorts of comments from anyone.... not just things you find are acceptable responses?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times
Quote:
Why are you reading it?

I don't read threads that don't intrest me.

Peace.
And the ones that do interest you...you don't pay attention to anything but the noise you yourself are making in them, because god forbid you ever learn anything. Though you do go on and on about things you know nothing about, while ignoring actual educational input given you by people who have actually studied and learned the subject at hand.

Way to go. Yay you. Yay ignorance.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I read it because I was interested in it.

I'm challenging the validity of this thread.

Sounds like you pulled an unsubstantiated idea out of thin air and created a thread on it as if it was fact.

Now people are being made to look like suckers by responding to your thread because they assume you have validated your information in the original post.

Be an example of your protest by not participating in it.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality