Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times

Advertisements

Nothing I have done could ever merit an entrance to heaven.

It is the love, work and sacrifice of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who is in me, that will merit entrance.

Thank you! \0/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 PM

267 posts, read 533,483 times
Was I really that bad?

Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
I opened my heart and mind to Christianity, when I thought I never would. In doing this, a deep love for Christ developed, and I accepted that he is God, and my Lord and Saviour.

After accepting him, I repented of sins, and am still trying to turn away from other strongholds . . . but in the end, the faith I have in Christ, will allow me in . . . . as "we are all sinners and fall short".

Old 07-14-2007, 07:38 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times
No one will be turned away if he or she has accepted Jesus as his/her Savior and acknowledges the fact that He died to save us from our sins.

Good works is not the "ticket" to Heaven.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
If you were to die tonight and stood at Heavens Gate waiting to enter and the gateskeeper asked you what have you done to merit the kingdom of Heaven,What would your answer be?
That i have done absolutly Nothing that even comes close to merit getting in...on anything I have done...all I can do is plead the blood of Jesus Christ, that is my plea...Guilty ...yes..forgiven thru Christ-

Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I married a good man, took care of him and made him happy. I raised three sons that I am not ashamed of and did the best I could to see that all my grandchildren were properly cared for. And that isn't good enough, well, I guess I am sunk! I have not done the best I could do in every thing, but even those times when I chose the incorrect path, I learned something from it. And because I learned, I can't say that I truly repent.

Now, it will be interesting to see if I am turned away.
If it were possible for you to "work" your way into heaven with the things that you do then there would be no need for Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. I have done a lot of "good" things by the world's standards...but none of that is good enough to get me into heaven. Only faith in Jesus' and His sacrifice for me. That love that Jesus gave to me I have accepted and by this faith that I have, I am allowed into heaven, and nothing else gets me there.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:54 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Absolutly nothing...because Jesus Christ has done all the work for me. Ephesians 2:8,9. Praise Him all the earth Praise Him!! \O/
This is it in a nutshell!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:00 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
If it were possible for you to "work" your way into heaven with the things that you do then there would be no need for Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. I have done a lot of "good" things by the world's standards...but none of that is good enough to get me into heaven. Only faith in Jesus' and His sacrifice for me. That love that Jesus gave to me I have accepted and by this faith that I have, I am allowed into heaven, and nothing else gets me there.
Good post! Good explanation, jazzed!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:05 PM

267 posts, read 533,483 times
A murderer repents an hour before he is to be put to death and accepts Jesus Christ. And he beats Ghandi to heaven? I think not. If that's so, then I'd like to change my answer to some form of a angry rant at God.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:08 PM

41 posts, read 118,361 times
If I was to die tonight . . . I believe that even though I am a sinner, my faith and strong belief that Jesus Christ was who he is, and what he said, will bring me eternal life.

I am still unsure as to if we immediately go to heaven, or fall into a sleep and wait until Judgement Day . . . either way, even though I am a sinner, and have some problems repenting of some sins . . . and do good works for the Lord, . . . none of this will get me into heaven, except that I have been SAVED through faith . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality