Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 05:58 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaggtr1 View Post
None of these answers is soothing..the question of the finality of death hit me hard last night.

Am i too young for this?

17yrs old

Being dead is the easy part. Its the process of dying that's the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 08:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaggtr1 View Post
None of these answers is soothing..the question of the finality of death hit me hard last night.

Am i too young for this?

17yrs old
Heck no!

I started pondering death when I was about 10.

Think of some of nature's most mesmerizing creatures: dragonflies, butterflies, frogs et al: they metamorphosize* from one stage to another.

I think we're just as amazing, albeit somewhat differently. I believe our life on Earth is just a stage in our development.

From here, we may change to ... who knows?

*Couldn't get the dang spell-check to agree to anything so I went with my gut.**

**Which precedes me most anywhere I go these days. It was a too-long, too munchie-filled winter.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Heck no!

I started pondering death when I was about 10.

Think of some of nature's most mesmerizing creatures: dragonflies, butterflies, frogs et al: they metamorphosize* from one stage to another.

I think we're just as amazing, albeit somewhat differently. I believe our life on Earth is just a stage in our development.

From here, we may change to ... who knows?

*Couldn't get the dang spell-check to agree to anything so I went with my gut.**

**Which precedes me most anywhere I go these days. It was a too-long, too munchie-filled winter.
As one gets older the thought of death becomes somewhat comforting and one begins to look forward to discovering the next phase of our journey. But first want to finish every race I'm entered in, in this place called life.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
As one gets older the thought of death becomes somewhat comforting and one begins to look forward to discovering the next phase of our journey. But first want to finish every race I'm entered in, in this place called life.
Agreed, my friend.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:40 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

I agree as we reallly don't die as this is a phase of life here on Earth till we meet our Creator in Heaven

Old 05-11-2014, 04:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Does anyone else find the finality of death terrifying?

As I approach the end, it becomes increasingly less troubling. All that lives, dies. We're not separate from nature.

The billions of years that passed before our time weren't the least bit terrifying. Those billions that follow won't be, either.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:12 PM

534 posts, read 904,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm perplexed how some atheists can be so cool with the idea. I believe in some kind of afterlife, but when I didn't really believe I often worked myself up into an existential panic over the fact that once I died, it would be the END OF THE UNIVERSE, THE END OF EXISTENCE AND THE END OF TIME FOREVER! From a subjective point of view, of course.

Isn't that freaking scary?
Not at all. It will be just like falling asleep.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
you know I am often amazed at those who seem to be afraid of dying,dying is a part of the cycle of life and once we learn that, there is no reason to be afraid of death.It's a part of life....

Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
you know I am often amazed at those who seem to be afraid of dying,dying is a part of the cycle of life and once we learn that, there is no reason to be afraid of death.It's a part of life....
True my Friend.

Why is it so many look forward to the different life accomplishments, but fear what just might be the greatest accomplishment? Graduation from this physical realm.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 AM

662 posts, read 1,048,482 times
When religion is grilled on to your brain, you get ascared about what'll happen next ESPECIALLY, since you CAN'T disprove their notion. I would really hate to get stuck in an unpleasant situation if there is an afterlife...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality