U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,564,890 times

Advertisements

Reaching the age of Reason can have the right of passage with with a faithful attitude to God's existence no matter what even for the atheist child??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 PM

20,373 posts, read 16,682,377 times
You will never get satisfactory answers to the equivalent of 3 dimensional questions "Everything from nothing"by using 2 dimensional thinking, we just arent in the ball game yet..

Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,211,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
But he didn't wait millions of years, now did he?
well the world has been here millions of years ,no sign of any self makin boats

Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM

and the amount of thought and design that would have to go into making anything thats going to function even a simple tool,now understand the complicated life forms,even the smallest,theres no such thing a simple living entity,what a design,so what if it took millions of years to get to where we are now,thats just a blink in eternity,a day of Brahma is billions of earth years,and He exists not in the spiritual realm but the physical

Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
Thanks for your thread

I remember a debate between a muslim and aithiests which happened long time ago.I read the story in one of the old books.The Muslim was late for the meeting with the aithiests for the debate.His name I think was abu Hanifa.Any way he had to cross the river to meet with them for the debate;however,he was late for two hours.They thought he wouldn't show up.But he came after awhile.When he came they asked him,why were u late.He said "I missed the boat so i was waiting for a while so that the boat can come together by itself so I can get on it and come.The Aithiests said"how can a boat come together by itself.The muslim said,"so u agree that the boat can't come and be a boat by itself?They said yes.He said same thing for this life there has to be a creator.
i think it was Newton himself,the great scientist who used a similar ananlogy,he was holding a model version of the solar system,and when he brought it to his student,the student said''wow what a great model,who made it'',Newton said,''oh ,no one,it just came into existence'',''thats immpossible'' said the student,Newton replied,''yet you think that our own universe which is much more advanced came from nothing''........somethin like that anyway

Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,339,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i think it was Newton himself,the great scientist who used a similar ananlogy,he was holding a model version of the solar system,and when he brought it to his student,the student said''wow what a great model,who made it'',Newton said,''oh ,no one,it just came into existence'',''thats immpossible'' said the student,Newton replied,''yet you think that our own universe which is much more advanced came from nothing''........somethin like that anyway
Ah, yes, nothing like quoting someone on a topic -- quantum physics -- which wasn't developed for two centuries after said someone died.

Makes about as much sense as quoting Benjamin Franklin on the topic of nuclear fusion...

If you want to quote a physicist on the topic of "where did it all come from?" then why not select a 21st-century physicist, like Hawking? I mean, aside from the fact that you'd rather stick with the speculation of someone who was wallowing in the relative ignorance of the 18th century? And the fact that you really want nothing to do with what Hawking has to say?

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God | Science | The Guardian

Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 PM

5,356 posts, read 3,477,071 times
Quote:
well the world has been here millions of years ,no sign of any self makin boats
So who made God?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Ah, yes, nothing like quoting someone on a topic -- quantum physics -- which wasn't developed for two centuries after said someone died.

Makes about as much sense as quoting Benjamin Franklin on the topic of nuclear fusion...

If you want to quote a physicist on the topic of "where did it all come from?" then why not select a 21st-century physicist, like Hawking? I mean, aside from the fact that you'd rather stick with the speculation of someone who was wallowing in the relative ignorance of the 18th century? And the fact that you really want nothing to do with what Hawking has to say?

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God | Science | The Guardian
like i said pal in the OP,watched the program and the first thing that was said was,''once you can accept that something can come from nothing',now why should i accept that eh?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 PM

5,356 posts, read 3,477,071 times
Quote:
like i said pal in the OP,watched the program and the first thing that was said was,''once you can accept that something can come from nothing',now why should i accept that eh?
So I repeat, where did God come from?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So who made God?
thats the difference,ya see your temporary mind and body cant fathom eternity,something that always was and always will be,its inconceivable so theres no point in tryin to explain,the only thing i can say is that he always was,but so are we in some shape or form.
were all eternal,Krishna sais in the Gita''never was there a time when i did not exist,nor you nor any of these kings,nor in the future shall we ever cease to be''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality