Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,587,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I got some proofs too, they're called John Jamieson, Jack Daniels, Michael Collins, Mr. Bailey's, Johnny Walker, and a few more that happen to reside on a shelf in my bar......

I have drank them all at some point in my life, mostly with a woman , because I am a romantic. I like women to no end. A definte weakness, and strength of mine.

Thus Romance, another proof of God. But understand, I will no longer number them, just list them, to avoid numerics. Because really I have 240, but don't think that would be allowed.

Romance has no evolution, and cannot evolve from things lesser than itself.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,149,223 times
These don't seem to be so much "proofs" as your ideas. Which is fine. We all have different ideas and different opinions. Some believe in evolution. Some believe in religion. Some believe in both. Some believe in neither. We are all entitled to our different ideas and opinions. But like I said - these don't seem to be proofs so much as your own musings. They have not proven anything to me. And I'm not really an atheist - more of an agnostic.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,248,400 times
i realy like your thread man!!!!!!!!!!!and your funny too,240,i cant wait to keep up with ya!!!

i think the best ones so far are consioussness and reason,it is said that consioussness is a symptom of the soul,which originates not from this world/universe but rather the eternal spiritual universe,although our original sparks(souls)are made from the same energy that God Himself is made of,they are temporary covered bye maya(illusion),basically our contact with material nature,and our desires for material pleasure-i.e.the woman and the jack daniels,over time have made our pure spirits basically unpure,but deep inside our very essence that love of God still exists,it is transcendental,eternal and full of bliss and knowledge.

thanks for the thread Mickiel

Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So how did God get here?
God always was and always will be. God is a Supreme Being. I can't explain it to you but atheist can't explain their theory any better.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Science does not say that the universe came from nothing...Only the religious make that claim.
As your God came from nothing and created everything that exists from nothing...Yeah, that makes so much more sense.....Not.
I have never heard believers say God came from nothing. We say God always was and always will be. He created us in His image. We came from Him and will return to Him.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
These don't seem to be so much "proofs" as your ideas. Which is fine. We all have different ideas and different opinions. Some believe in evolution. Some believe in religion. Some believe in both. Some believe in neither. We are all entitled to our different ideas and opinions. But like I said - these don't seem to be proofs so much as your own musings. They have not proven anything to me. And I'm not really an atheist - more of an agnostic.
Only an agnostic like yourself can say they don't know and mean it. All others need faith to believe what they believe.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,498,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I started the thread from a debate with an Atheist here, he challanged me on the proofs of God, as if I had none. I already know I have them, just as I know his fellow Atheist will fear them, as he does. Thus, they will fear me, and as Boxcar has shown, will scramble ways to get rid of their fears.

I will post and debate all that I post, but I willnot pacify the fears of Atheist;

Your just going to have to think of creative ways to pacify this thread yourselves.

And I have seen them all.

Either you face your fears, or get rid of them.

Peace.
HAHAHA you must not have a job. You think I scrambled away because I fear you? You lack the self-awareness to be embarrassed.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,106,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I have never heard believers say God came from nothing. We say God always was and always will be. He created us in His image. We came from Him and will return to Him.
Really, you cannot explain how god came to be? He looks like a human?
I came from a union between my parents, perhaps you were made in a different way...It's all nonsense you know.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,106,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
HAHAHA you must not have a job. You think I scrambled away because I fear you? You lack the self-awareness to be embarrassed.
Yeah, he's a funny dude...He thinks I am afraid of him too...

Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,498,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God always was and always will be. God is a Supreme Being. I can't explain it to you but atheist can't explain their theory any better.
That's the point.

Neither one of us has a final and complete explanation for "what came before that?"

You can't use that logic to prove an eternal God exists, when that same logic says it would be impossible for an eternal God to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality