Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebek View Post
There are four things in the bible that I don't subcribe to:

1. Hell is a firey pit that roasts people for all eternity.

2. That Noah put two of each animal on an ark, while our loving God drowned everything else.

3. The world is less than 8000 years old.

4. All non-Christians go to hell.

There are others but the K.I.S.S. principal applies here...
1. Yes I believe hell is eternal for unbelievers.
2. Yes I believe God enabled Noah to put the animals on the ark, and yes the rest drowned.
3. Don't know, don't care.
4. All people who do not accept Jesus as Savior go to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
1. Yes I believe hell is eternal for unbelievers.
2. Yes I believe God enabled Noah to put the animals on the ark, and yes the rest drowned.
3. Don't know, don't care.
4. All people who do not accept Jesus as Savior go to hell.
Amen!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Quote:
There are four things in the bible that I don't subcribe to:

1. Hell is a firey pit that roasts people for all eternity.
2. That Noah put two of each animal on an ark, while our loving God drowned everything else.
3. The world is less than 8000 years old.
4. All non-Christians go to hell.

There are others but the K.I.S.S. principal applies here...
1. Yes, Virginia, there is an eternal, firey hell.
2. Yes, Noah did put two of every kind of animal onto the ark. (For example, two canine kind not two wolves, two coyotes, two poodles, two chows.)
3. Yes, it is (IMHO, closer to 6,000).
4. Those who do not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior (with some exceptions only God knows) will be in hell, eternally separated from God.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:58 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
None I believe it is all the Word of God. If you believe any of it you have to believe all of it.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Quote:
So you disagree with #2?
Yep.........

Old 07-16-2007, 09:51 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
None I believe it is all the Word of God. If you believe any of it you have to believe all of it.
I totally agree with this. It's all or nothing. Middle ground is a scary place to be!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,201 times
The Bible is the Divinely inspired Word of God.

Which books are accepted as divinely inspired is another topic (covered in a previous thread....ie catholic and protestant bibles are different)

Interpretation is another topic, since there are significant differences between catholic and protestants.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 AM

8 posts, read 25,767 times
I agree with everything in the bible. As for issues raised (1 through 4) all of those have sound theological and scientific support. Please understand that things like carbon dating (which I struggled to jive with Genesis) are completely unreliable after a certain cut off period. Even dinosaurs were a source of struggle for me but they too are mentioned in the Bible. Note, the best anti-creationism theories regarding the age of the earth and the creatures that lived on it are just that, theories (best educated guesses).
But don't take my word for it, you can easily research these issues online by using key words, such as "creation" "carbon dating" "christianity" "noah's ark".

Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
I totally agree with this. It's all or nothing. Middle ground is a scary place to be!

I totally agree... I believe it is the divine, "God breathed" word from Him.. a road map if you will, from God who has created a place for me... created the way.. and left me with a map. Who am I to say that any part of the map is incorrect? I have never been there. I am just a lowly servent with limited skills. I will do my best to follow my Masters directions. I love Him and desire with all my heart to be with Him.. so I will follow His way.... picking up my cross daily. uplifted eyes.....

Ephesians 5:10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. How would I go about doing that? By reading His word, and prayer.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
*Jeff busts out the flame-retardant gel again and starts smearing*

I agree with all of the Bible. Some of it has been mistranslated, leading to mass misunderstanding. I say that:

1. Hell is not literal torture.

2. Hell is not forever.

3. Much of the scripture that we think is about the "end times" is prophecy that has already been fulfilled.

4. God is not constantly resorting to Almighty Back Up Plans. He knew all that has and will transpire and created a way of excape via the death of Jesus so as to eventually declare perfect victory over death and hell.

5. This side of the grave is not our last chance to repent and be saved.

6. Evil is necessary in order to appreciate and know good, and was created by God as part of His Master Plan.

That should be enough to get me into trouble for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality