Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
This post is certainly "Giving off" something!

And evolver? Really? I don't think that's even a real word.

Your encroaching into Sir Les territory now Mick be careful. Gary Busey got lost in there and he's yet to find his way out.

I walk alone in my views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

That's the first thing you've said in this thread that people are likely to accept.

Mickiel, I'm going to be my usual kind-hearted self, and outline some of the faults in the arguments I've seen in this thread:

1. The 'The definition of 'theory' is the one I choose to accept' fault:

To put it simply, you're pointing to a dog and calling it a cat because you like the definition of 'cat' better. One does not get to pick and choose which definition of a commonly-used term to apply.

2. The 'evolution is a myth' assertion:

The burden of proof is on the accuser. It is your job, notours, to provide proof of your assertion, which you have not yet done -- which leads your readers and opposition to believe that you are unable to do so.

3: The 'nothing can come from nothing' argument:

That is, in fact, what you're trying to get us to accept -- that God created everything from 'nothing'.

Again, the burden of proof is on you, not us. We've presented our evidence, and you've responded by either refusing to accept it or 'moving the goalposts' to continue a fallacious argument.

This will likely be my only post.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

This will likely be my only post.

I do not believe evolution is a myth, and I respect your last post. Peace on your journey.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Mick's "views"

Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Mick's "views"

If you are not listening, then why are you listening?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Mick's "views"
Quote:
If you are not listening, then why are you listening?
The fellow above represents......... never mind what's the point?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM

So many claim I do not understand evolution, so I wanted to go into my views of it.

Evolution was God created and designed; it is freedom. Evolution is freedom, in it consist freedom; it has religious freedom, political freedom, and freedom of change. It is lack of restraint and liberty of growth. It is philosophy, it is independant of science and humans; it is Physics. Evolution is change without loss of equilibrium, the number of variables which fix the state of a system God has designed. Evolution is not subject to humans or science, but it is not independant of God. But God gave evolution a certain freedom that emphasizes the power to exercise rights of change, like Pupi to Butterfly; not ape to human. God designed this change to be continual in definite repeating patterns; the pupi will always change into a butterfly, and that change will be continual.

When God first designed Primordial humans, he designed them to change and adapt to their environment, just like he did animals. I do not view human evolution in terms of Ape to Human, we are not continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless Apes. Humans have always been humans, we did not evolve from a lower species, I totally disagree with that. There has been some physical evolution in humans at our early stages of adaptation, but I view most of that change as complette, there is no longer a need for humans to evolve physically, but I do see conscious evolution still being active in humans. So God has restricted some of the freedoms in evolution.

And I want to go into a few of those restrictions.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Here, in rapid review, we have the Mickielian perspective...

Quote:
Evolution is freedom, soon to evolve to freedom from the flesh.
Oh but Wait now: you've stated absolutely that human evolution is finished and done with. We leaving open a window of convenience here? Why does this not surprise me coming from you?

Quote:
I do not believe evolution is a myth, and I respect your last post. Peace on your journey.
You mean evolution as you now re-define it? Well heck! Why didn't you say so?

Quote:
So many claim I do not understand evolution, so I wanted to go into my views of it.

Evolution was God created and designed; it is freedom. Evolution is freedom, in it consist freedom; it has religious freedom, political freedom, and freedom of change. It is lack of restraint and liberty of growth. It is philosophy, it is independant of science and humans; it is Physics. Evolution is change without loss of equilibrium, the number of variables which fix the state of a system God has designed. Evolution is not subject to humans or science, but it is not independant of God. But God gave evolution a certain freedom that emphasizes the power to exercise rights of change, like Pupi to Butterfly; not ape to human. God designed this change to be continual in definite repeating patterns; the pupi will always change into a butterfly, and that change will be continual.

When God first designed Primordial humans, he designed them to change and adapt to their environment, just like he did animals. I do not view human evolution in terms of Ape to Human, we are not continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless Apes. Humans have always been humans, we did not evolve from a lower species, I totally disagree with that. There has been some physical evolution in humans at our early stages of adaptation, but I view most of that change as complette, there is no longer a need for humans to evolve physically, but I do see conscious evolution still being active in humans. So God has restricted some of the freedoms in evolution.

So. With this unrelated and disastrously inaccurate diatribe against a topic you obviously have no real comprehension of, you have categorically proven that your understanding of the Evolution which you so adamantly deny is not the same Evolution we are discussing. You are off on your own private tangent, so why should we bother to argue? You have hijacked a term, as you so often do, re-defining it for your own purposes but then trying later to conjoin it to the correct use of the term.

Does that sound to you like the rational processes of an intellectually honest man,
Mickiel?

To casually redefine everything and then coincidentally deny the correct use of the term?

I don't doubt that you agree with this self-designed revisionist approach, since it gives you an immediate "out" to every criticism leveled at your astounding lack of understanding of the real thing. Btw,
sanspeur offers up the most important conclusion and option here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well if evolution really interests you, then don't you think you should learn at least the basics of what it is and how it works?
Agreed. Why would you not want to understand the now-proven process that we have scientifically defined and, in this 21st century of knowledge accumulation, understand so well?

Or stated in an alternate way:
What is it you are so desperately frightened of?

Last edited by rifleman; 01-24-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Here, in rapid review, we have the Mickielian perspective...

Agreed. Why would you not want to understand the now-proven process that we have scientifically defined and, in this 21st century of knowledge accumulation, understand so well?

Or stated in an alternate way:
What is it you are so desperately frightened of?

I am concerned with the scientific way of viewing evolution, its putting false knowledge out there.

Evolution is the tool that God uses to alter or modify his creations. The power behind evolution is God, science gives that power over to evolution itself, as if evolution is a power unto itself; it is not. Science gives personage to evolution, just to blindly substitute God with it. God puts a clean or fresh " Covering" on whatever he wishes, THAT IS evolution! That's the intelligence behind evolution; science gives evolution itself intelligence. The commerce of Change exist in Gods mind, change itself does not have a mind, evolution itself does not have an intelligence, but it SHOWS definite signs of an intelligence about it./

Much of evolution has been fundamental and complete. Just as Atheist try to remove God as the purpose behind all things, science also tries to remove him as the impetus of change; they exclude God as the variable protean, they think God is mutable; when really he is immutable; science has renegade tendecys , which Atheism has adopted.

That is what I am frightened of.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

With this post you have confirmed that you have absolutely no clue what evolution is...It is not anyone's personal view...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality