Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Campbell you really ARE the most gullible person.
...or an extraordinary troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Campbell you still didn't answer the question.
...or my remaining 21 points Campo!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default "Onward Christian Soldiers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you can say anything you want, yet that does not make my experiences untrue. Some do not want to believe what the NAMI found on Mt. Ararat.
Because they haven't found anything, nor could they have, in a half-day tourista hike-fest. How can you even imagine they accomplished their claimed finds in that period of time, Tom?

Gullibility? Apparently. And to the point of making this outrageous and indefensible claim...

Quote:
Yet the evidence thus far supports their claim.
Evidence huh? All faked, obviously, and proven so by the letter from two scientists with their tenured positions and reputations to uphold. They obviously didn't want to be associated with such treacherous scammery. The thugs who then later denied it? They could care less as long as they get paid to lie.

Quote:
I think you could make that arguement for one or two people, but not with the number of people coming back with the same story that we are speaking about.
Nope. Not true. and we have made the argument about several lying, cheating fakers who were never up there at the so-called site. Not to mention that the vastly different Ark sightings are all real, and are all at different locations, some not even on Ararat. One, the R. Wyatt Scam-Ark, even has the official tourista blessing of the Turkish Government, a parking lot, a trinket shop and bus tours.

Q: Why don't you believe that one's the Ark? At least I can walk up to it and laugh. The NAMI™ Scam-Ark is not even there to be checked out. Just an ice cave somewhere else. At Wyatt-Ark, they even have an Ark-shaped rock formation, a so-called "fossilized" ark (now THAT's funny ...). Your opinion on that? Speak up: we can't hear you, ever.

Quote:
I believe that anyone who thinks that so many people who have gone up to Mt. Ararat over the years saying they actually saw the Ark are all bold faced liars. Must be a little delusional themselves. Or perhaps a little paranoid.
Or, it's a situation ripe for plucking the low-hanging fruit, i.e.: gullible donators and believers in anything if it promises godly glory. Too bad they did so badly on this SCAM. It's not even a little bit believable.

Quote:
(1) Yet we now have people walking inside the Ark and taking pictures of it on Mt. Ararat. Should we stop talking to our students about the sun, moon, and stars because the Bible speaks of them? How often should we ignore the truth only because it is revealed in a Book the state does not recognize?

1) There are no such pictures.
No-one "walked inside The Ark", just in a cave. yes, we do have pix of some amateurs in an ice cave, but I could take some pictures in my garage and claim it was in the engine room of The Titanic, now couldn't I? See? Me with a pipe wrench in my hands! Obviously, this proves I was in the Titanic! Obviously. Proof-proofy-proof-proof!

Where's your proof? Measurements, pictures indicating scale, plus GPS readings that show the pix came from high on Ararat? Oh yeah, and even one credible scientist on the team vouching for it? All the credible types have abandoned this scam and given the exacting details of the scam in their signed statement letter. Hmmm... wonder why, huh?

2) We teach the facts about the sun, the Earth and the universe in school. We don't teach that the Earth is flat, the universe revolves around it, and the sun is a bunch of mirrors hung by angels. That's what the bible tells us, and e know it's all false, as is the rest of the bible's "theories" on astrophysics. Rather, we teach established, demonstrable facts.

And accordingly, we won't teach that they've definitely found the Ark up on Ararat when in fact there's been no such find.

Quote:
I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. Yet the two men that were said to of written the letter stating they built the structure on Mt. Ararat have been located. And they have stated they never saw the letter before. And they have stated even their signatures did not match, and were faked on the letter. Please Neal1, you really need to get up to speed on this story. You are just repeating old and inaccurate information from the recent past. The NAMI have clearly been vindicated, and their accusers have now come under scrutiny. And in fact my have to answer in a court of law.
Whaaa??? Old and inaccurate information from the recent past? Think much, Tom?

You obviously didn't read the very long account and letter that refutes all this NAMI™ nonsense. You didn't examine the scanned-in letters from the Turkish government (faking those would be an instant felony), the long and intricate story, with references and quotes and copies of letters, that these credible scientists make their understandable claim with? You didn't, I can see that.

You dismiss them out of hand because their story refutes your beliefs. Now, if these two had supported the find, you'd invite them over for dinner and drinks. But you obviously pick your allegiances based on your Beliefs of Convenience.

Sadly for you, when you couple these documented facts with the huge illogic of this expedition and it's so-called archeological wonder "find", it all comes together. It's a FAKE.

So: we have a badly translated and obviously faked denial by some known known thug hirelings who were then paid additional money to refute their involvement, and OF COURSE, which one does Tom the Deceived go for and support? You DO LOVE the underdog, don't you Tom? It's sad this is so frickin' obvious to everyone else.

Meantime, regarding those illogical technicalities, Tom, we are still waiting for your time and thoughts on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...my remaining 21 points Campo!!!
When you can answer all of those, with technical understanding and clarity, and a convincing alternative discussion, we'll consider your idea that there even was an Ark to begin with.

After all, how can NAMI discover something that never existed?

Huh?
__________________________***********_____________ ____

Your OP's title is, in fact, a scam in itself. There is no new evidence, just a rehash of the now-disproven old stuff. All in aid of shystering some more $$$$ out of the innocent and gullible. Too bad you support this unholy and un-Christian behavior.

Even consider that, Tom? You, supporting felons who want to cheat your fellow believers. Amazing.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Why don''t you go to Turkey yourself C34, I'm sure your god would make sure you stay in good health. Plus the Turks will make you, and your wallet very welcome.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Someone, please, get some satellite photos... quick...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So because they are backtracking on their admissions, this makes them trustworthy HOW exactly?

I could write a letter then say I didn't later.
Campbell you really ARE the most gullible person.

The NAMI has never been shown to be dishonest. They stand by their claim and are backed by their Turkish guides. Even the signatures of the two men did not match the signatures found on the letter that stated that two men built this massive structure below 40 feet of ice. And they are not backtracking. They did not even know the letter existed until someone took the time to question them about it. It's obvious that someone is not telling us the truth. Yet that fact has nothing to do with the NAMI. It is not a question of being gullible, it is more a question of following the evidence. A number of NAMI members have already entered the structure on Ararat. To suggest they are all liars would be a real stretch. They have presented us photos of what they have experienced. And when conditions are right, they will be going back up there again.

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-16-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Someone, please, get some satellite photos... quick...
Well here is an account from a photo sensing technician who does not believe in Noahs Ark. Yet this is what he saw when he viewed Mt. Ararat from space. For years now non believers told us nothing would be found near the top of Mt. Ararat. Yet the evidence suggest they are wrong. Consider the link below. And if you recall a man from back in the 1940s by the name of Ed Davis stated he saw the Ark up close on Ararat and it was broken in two. Consider what Davis said back then and what this photo sensing technician is telling us now.

Noah's Ark Search - Mount Ararat

Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM

33,522 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Well here is an account from a photo sensing technician who does not believe in Noahs Ark. Yet this is what he saw when he viewed Mt. Ararat from space. For years now non believers told us nothing would be found near the top of Mt. Ararat. Yet the evidence suggest they are wrong. Consider the link below. And if you recall a man from back in the 1940s by the name of Ed Davis stated he saw the Ark up close on Ararat and it was broken in two. Consider what Davis said back then and what this photo sensing technician is telling us now.

A photo sensing technician who chooses to remain anonymous...Nuff said.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A photo sensing technician who chooses to remain anonymous...Nuff said.
I believe in another link he finally gave his name sanspeur. Yet at the time I believe it might of cost him his job. So one can understand why he did not want to reveal who he was at the time. I will try to find that link for you. Yet I believe you will now just call this person another liar. After all that is pretty much all we hear from your side anyway. Everyone that confirms the Bible is a liar. However if it makes you feel any better, his full name was George Stephen.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Yet at the time I believe it might of cost him his job. So one can understand why he did not want to reveal who he was at the time.
Isn't that called deception?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default The off-topic soap opera continues....

Quote:

Wow. Ed's quick fly-over in a fast P-38 fighter from 10,000 feet up over the mountain, looking out his canopy. Now that's good analysis, from a man who needed to believe.

And then WOW Number Two! Fancy descriptions for mass spectrometry analysis of a few pixels in a photo, based on color sampling. Been there, done that. Very Basic Geological investigation techniques, and even then, it only hints at the source materials below the camera.

But now, if you go with the far more modern (since the late /90s), Laser-Stimulated X-Ray Fluorescence backscatter analysis, you can actually determine, to a high degree of accuracy, what the subject material down below the satellite is probably made of. Still requires "Ground Truthing", always, to confirm your hypotheses.

A modern study to that effect in fact showed no man-made material on Ararat. This I posted long ago, but of course, your response was to...

Ignore it.

I also understand why.

To make all this perfectly clear, Tom, so you can't easily squirm out of it and mis-quote me later:

1) I wouldn't call this technician a liar, since he doesn't claim to have found the Ark. How could he, after all? In fact, if you read his notes, he says:

"I can't tell you what it's made of, but it's not metal and it's not rock. It would have to be organic, perhaps wood. It's ancient but I'm not saying it's the Ark because I haven't 'seen' it. All I can say is that I'm a hundred percent sure it's a man-made object. But for somebody to take something up there, to haul it up there, to build a thing of this size would be an amazing feet. "

Let's review so you won't get it wrong, again: He said "I'm not saying it's the Ark..."

And as well, this study is now officially quite old, and far more accurate techniques have since been employed. So.. it could be inaccurate, or in error.

2) such major hypotheses always require further investigation before we make any conclusions. And yet... you seem to have made yours.

3) finally, this comment from the Christian realists at the Sixth Annual Conference on Creationism (BTW, I posted this on 10/10 of '09, and you haven't made any headway since way back then..) :

"There have been many alleged sightings of the Ark, and numerous attempts to find it mainly on Mt. Ararat ,but search attempts so far have been without success. In the light of history, geology and archeology, we need to conclude that the Ark probably landed elsewhere, and that there may be little of it left""

This from a group of Creationist Christians who really want and need to believe in whatever can be salvaged out of all the discredited biblical stories. Kinda sad, really.....

What do all your endless and repeatedly failed arguments say about your powers of critical thinking, Tom?

And oh yeah; where's your promised New Evidence supporting NAMI, by the way? Or did you start this troll-thread just so we could all review your old failed arguments again?

Last edited by rifleman; 02-16-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality