Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Proof positive. In a recent excavation on the slopes of Mount Ararat, something was discovered that can't be anything but a very large ship - 2000 mtrs. above sea level! The remains have been dated to be about 4000 years old, and scientists will not rule out the option, that this is actually Noah's Ark.
is it just me or is the upper portion of the person's body standing to left awkwardly missing?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Ark InSite Foundation is a group I believe that was formed some years back in the Netherlands, and are believers in the existance of Noah's Ark. It's chairman is Gerrit Aalten who is a Duch Ark researcher with over 30 years of experience collecting evidence about the Ark of Noah. This small group has come out on the side of the NAMI. And as the evidence comes in, I believe many others will follow their example. They are pushing for much more work and research to be done on the discovery made by the NAMI, and will be working with them on this project in the future.
So what does the Ark InSight Foundation actually do? Is there a website that describes the foundation? Exactly how are they "pushing for much more work to be done on the discovery made by NAMI"? Posting a video on YouTube?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
is it just me or is the upper portion of the person's body standing to left awkwardly missing?
I think it is just you. Look at his feet, he is standing further back behind that section of the "hull." Obviously he wasn't very photogenic. Step back, Raja, no, further, keep going, almost, there, now don't move.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Glad to see you back and healthy enough to get catch another intellectual beating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It only speaks volumes of this worlds lack of faith.
Ah, but a world that is never shy when there is a possibility to make a buck.

Quote:
Pictures and video have been produced by the NAMI who have been supported by the Turks.
I hope they aren't as bad as that Photoshop fail posted above!

Quote:
I might also mention the location is not a walk in the park. And it is very dangerous near the top of Mt. Ararat. Especially if the weather conditions are not just right. Only certain times allow entry, and usually the Ark is covered by 40 feet of ice and snow.
Oh, goodness the folks that I mentioned NG, History, and Discovery can put IMAX camera CREW on top of Everest, Mt. Ararat ain't going to much of a problem.

And I have found that often when discoveries confirm the Bible, not to many are really looking to jump on the band wagon. Many people for years have been telling us the Ark was up there. Yet few from the Discovery and History channel or anywhere else seemed very interested in their reports.[/quote]

Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
You do know that Worth1000 is don't you? Worth1000 Home

Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Cool You asked for it!

Quote:
It's what happens when someone not familiar with PhotoShop gets their mitts on the mouse. It's called "A Stupid Opppseee!" and is rampant amongst the faker set. Let's not forget: Pan Terra was jist joshin' us, folks. He's no piker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
So what does the Ark InSight Foundation actually do? (answer: market silliness: rflmn™) Is there a website that describes the foundation? Exactly how are they "pushing for much more work to be done on the discovery made by NAMI"? Posting a video on YouTube?
Did anyone else note that this is THE IDENTICAL same bit of trash video that SCAMI propped up some time last year?

As well, in the footage of the trials and tribulations of the expedition, does anyone else note the significant lack of standard mountaineering equipment on these faker's backs? Where's the hired Turkish load carriers for anything more than an afternoon walk? The tents? The food and fuel? Check out a typical Everest expedition load:

http://www.rmiguides.com/dispatches/...t-distance.jpg

(about 40 of these loads is required for a typical 10 man team. I know it's a different situation but SCAMI was, after all, claiming a major expedition to the most amazing find in history.)

They were seriously ill-equipped (dangerously so) to stay up there more than a few hours, Then note in the video, those horses! Did they use them to get up there? Nope. It's just video fluff. Did those lightly loaded packs, drooping off the hiker's backs like a high school teen's book load, carry all the necessary equipment to safely scale a dangerous mountain? Nope. I thought they had a seasoned, professional guide here? What happened, Tom? Did he scam them as well?

Fact: they didn't even go up there. Tom's untrained, pain-addled mind has left him bereft of his usual keen powers of observation, he choosing instead to blindly return to where he so badly lost before.

So anyhow, in the short time (by their own statement, a mere one day, in very poor weather) they located, excavated, filmed, and found "great caves" (...that they never actually got into. Photos?), they produced nothing substantial. in fact, they would have had their hands full just staying safe and alive, not traipsing around some half-submerged, frozen, falling-ice caves, making massive but unsupported assumptions about it's origins.

The so-called wood sample was actually reviewed in Iran, with improper handling, no supporting documentation (hi-rez photos of source location for example, a standard in any archeological documentation), and they wouldn't tell anyone where they were going, which is against Turkish permit laws, and which therefore got them into trouble. We now know, of course, exactly where it is, as per the letter. And, as I mentioned earlier today, SCAMI lied about it being a UNESCO Heritage Site. It's not even eligible; they totally, purposefully lied. Nice! and very typical of a responsible, credible and professional expedition, to be sure.

So... did you send 'em any money yet Tom? I'd try to get it back if'n I were you.

It's astounding that this SCAM has been carried on for as long as it has here on C-D, but I will admit to being oddly addicted to the sheer humor and stupidity of it all; to see and read with my own eyes that there are people out there so gullible that they just can't let go of this one. What is it that they are really in psychological need of?

Interestingly, they apparently happily believe total lies from anyone who claims to be a fellow Christian, which is, let me tell you, against Scripture. And in the end, that behavior's also totally embarrassing and personally discrediting. To that end, Gerrit Aalten was one of the original 2004 and 2006 expedition members and is already closely allied with SCAMI. He originally tried to sell rock formations as the Ark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-KQHHixcM

He's also quoted as saying true believers don't need proof of their fantasy Ark. Apparently so. As well, they will believe any old bit of nonsense.

Anyhow, this newest faker ally of Tommo's (ArkInSight Foundation) will turn out to be just another marketing arm of SCAMI™; similarly bereft of any dignity, ethics or professional standing. And of course seeking "donations"...

Well, it's back to sleep, to await the next serial installment of "As Tommo's Mind Turns"..

(BTW, Tom, I'm now assuming you're obviously recovered enough to withstand our more involved logical onslaughts, since you've chosen to re-appear here, rather miraculously, to defend your earlier sillinesses. Again.

But
do correct me if I'm wrong, and you still need pampering and humoring.)

Last edited by rifleman; 01-25-2011 at 07:35 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You do know that Worth1000 is don't you? Worth1000 Home
i got a look at NAMI's website the other night and that photo looks akin to some of their works.
sorry Campbell34.

Last edited by gabfest; 01-25-2011 at 09:19 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Don't apologise for being honest gabfest.

C34 mentioned that the Turkish goverment is in some way helping NAMI, what he should have said was that LOCAL goverment were helping NAMI, that would be the equivilent of your local town council.
Of course the townspeople want tourists to believe that the ark is on Ararat, simply because they are making a bloody good living out of the poor deluded saps of Noahs Ark Ministries International.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Actually the Turkish govt. is investigating NAMI. The issue is how NAMI managed to get "artifacts" to China for testing without their permission.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Good! I can hardly believe that this thread is still going on. It concerns such utter rubbish! Only C34's apparently unquenchable faith keeps it alive. Good to see that you are well enough to carry on, Tom (and I do mean "carry on"!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality