Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM

563 posts, read 929,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.
Agnostic with strong leanings toward Islam and Taoism. Depending on what day it is, I might just answer "I don't know." I do absolutely believe in a creator.

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty? For it, as a matter of fact, I'd like to see it for rapists, molesters, and serial abusers.

3. Where do you stand on abortion? It's the woman's right to choose what she wants to do. I think she should consider her partner's opinion (if any), but in the end, she decides.

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage? It's the partners business. I believe it's more of a spiritual union decision and even if not recognized in a civil court, the couple should seek out a spiritual leader that would be willing to perform a ceremony for them according the spiritual beliefs of the couple. No, I'm not gay, but I've performed numerous weddings while in a Baptist denomination, and though I've left, I'd be willing to help a couple unite spiritually. Regardless of any sexual orientation, handicap, race, etc.

5. Pets? 4 dogs, 1 cat

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city. north-central Pennsylvania currently.

7. Anything else you want to share?

Be well...

Thanks everyone!
This should be interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,050,536 times
1) Agnostic

2) Opposed to the death penalty under all circumstances

3)Abortion should be a woman's choice--up until the medical viability of the fetus

4) No one should tell others who to marry or not marry

5) Pets--I have none, but I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons, so I don't believe in eating them.

6) Minneapolis

7) That is all

Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,350 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread.

1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.

Atheist, but if confronted with indisputable evidence, I would believe in gods.

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty?

I am pro death penalty, if there is enough evidence. Some folks are just so broken and effed up the humane thing to do is put them out of their misery.

3. Where do you stand on abortion?

It would be nice if there were more sex education and convenient birth control so there wouldn't be so many abortions. It is not my place to tell another woman what to do to here body, but I am against late term abortion.

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage?

I am all for it. I see it as a civil rights issue.

5. Pets?

4 dogs. They are like my children. I have great pics of them on my profile page.
I also care for a feral cat colony of 12 cats. Slowly but surely they are all getting fixed.

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.

I live in very rural Northern Cal.

I am a foodie and a fungophile.

I have become very fond of my CD friends.

Thanks everyone!
Thank you Heather! You are one of my favorite people here!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,255 times
1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc. Strong Atheist

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty? Against

3. Where do you stand on abortion? Freedom of choice

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage? Marriage should be open to any one who wants it regardless of sex, age, color, national origin, IQ, and the list could go on for pages.

5. Pets? I like dogs, I have one, my wife also has one. We also have a fish and a turtle. I have thought about a snake, but was worried it might make me eat fruits and I am not up to giving my wife reinforcements to help force feeding a bunch of fruit to me.

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city. Cary, North Carolina, USA

Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for taking a little time to do this! It's just kind of neat to see where we stand on other things besides religion.

By the way, Sizzly - I'm a foodie, too!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times
Quote:
Weak agnostic.

Quote:
It depends on what the crime was and how much malice (in intent and action) was involved in the crime.

Quote:
Pro-choice.

Quote:
I'm cool with it.

Quote:
5. Pets?
1 dog Lab/pit mix.

Quote:
6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.
While I Live in the N. NJ/NYC metro area. But my heart is always on the south shore of Massachusetts.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times

atheist

I'm against it. I don't believe the state should have the right to take a life and I believe that civilized people will find other better alternatives.

I'm pro-choice, but with the caveat that there needs to be education about birth control and about how abortion *may* affect your life. Also, I believe that adoption is a good alternative. Late term abortions should be reserved for specific medical situations, but I would not see laws that limited the woman and doctor from making this choice.

I am for gay marriage in so much as I am for any marriage. I don't really believe that the state should be involved in either hetero or gay marriage.

5. Pets?

None at the moment. We used to have cats, but we have family members who are allergic. My granddaughter has rabbits, does that count?

Houston area

I hate living in the bible belt for lots of reasons. I would hate living in the South even if it were not bible belty because I hate the heat.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread.

5. Pets?

Thanks everyone!
1. Atheist

2. I'm for it, but it is vastly overused here in TX, the Execution State.

3. Abortion should be completely unencumbered during the first trimester, and OK later if the mother's health depends on it.

4. Completely for it.

5. I prefer cats (no surprise there). I only have one indoor cat, although I feed and water a couple of neighborhood cats.

6. Fort Worth.

7. Join the Bowel Movement! Sorry.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:

Thanks everyone!
Why don't you start this same survey over on the Christianity forum, Dewdrop? I've enjoyed reading everybody's responses. (Glad to see there are so many animal lovers on the forum.)

Old 01-25-2011, 11:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why don't you start this same survey over on the Christianity forum, Dewdrop? I've enjoyed reading everybody's responses. (Glad to see there are so many animal lovers on the forum.)
I'm afraid! Very afraid! The reason I did it here is because people on this forum aren't that judgemental on the issues that I put on the survey. We might disagree but we aren't going to say - You aren't a good atheist if you believe in the death penalty! Or - you aren't a good agnostic if you are pro choice! And like I said - I didn't start this for debate or anything - I was just curious as to how we all felt on these issues! I'm afraid that if I post it on the R&P forum or the Christian forum that it might lead to some mud slinging. Although I am interested to find out what everyone believes, I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge!

But please, feel free to answer the survey on here! This isn't restricted to atheists/agnostics/etc - it's really for anyone that wants to answer!

Thanks again to everyone that has participated! I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's responses!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality