Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times

Advertisements

(PS -Pan Terra: and here I thought you was jist one-them gol-danged geologist types, all covered in mud'n'stuff!!)

A good video find! I saw this excellent presentation a few months back, and it stands as a stunning example of common sense, intelligent scientific prediction and the reasons to accept the obvious:

That Evolution as a process is a proven lead-pipe cinch.

But.. being a tolerant and curious being, always interested in the well-thought-out arguments of my fellow man, I'll happily listen to the fundamentalist/Creationist anti-evolutionist's response(s) to this one.

I particularly like Ken Miller's logical options here:

"A" A designer whose absolutely proven intent was to purposefully deceive by positioning these components exactly as Evolution would have done.

"B" Evolution.

If "A"'s the case, one's next question would have to be: why would we then want to bow down to someone who thinks like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
With my allergies, I wouldn't call it a very 'intelligent design'.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:46 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
(PS -Pan Terra: and here I thought you was jist one-them gol-danged geologist types, all covered in mud'n'stuff!!)

Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
I posted this information for Christians,
It has nothing to do with information.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:01 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
nature dosent work under the directions of the scientist's law's,these laws are only put into place to understand something that already exists,if there is something wrong with the law(theory),then it was never that way in the first place,or slightly different,to save argument.and thats why its always changing,because our understanding is changing,but not the way it works,gravity didnt apear the day it was discovered!
Yup, and nicely put. Of course, we've stopped calling them laws for that very reason.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
nature dosent work under the directions of the scientist's law's,these laws are only put into place to understand something that already exists,if there is something wrong with the law(theory),then it was never that way in the first place,or slightly different,to save argument.and thats why its always changing,because our understanding is changing,but not the way it works,gravity didnt apear the day it was discovered!
Don't get your terms mixed up. Laws are elements that are part of a Theory. The laws are merely observations that are so reliable and predictable that they can be expressed as mathematical equations. Think planetary motion, thermodynamics, orbital dynamics, amount of energy stored in a mass, etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
As always an IDer gives a source that has no credentials in the field of evolution. IDers never give information they found from evolutionary biologists(people who dedicate their entire careers to the study of the diversity of life) They also present information they found from x lawyer, clergyman, engineer or someone working for a creationist organization. The fact is they have no evidence for their beliefs. This is no different. It gives the typical strawman arguments that IDers make about evolution. Case in point, the author says biological evolution claims DNA just randomly came about. This is complete garbage though and evolution doesn't claim any such thing. The truth is that ID is not supported by science. Creationists just like to tell themselves it is.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:12 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Don't get your terms mixed up. Laws are elements that are part of a Theory. The laws are merely observations that are so reliable and predictable that they can be expressed as mathematical equations. Think planetary motion, thermodynamics, orbital dynamics, amount of energy stored in a mass, etc.
yeah o.k.,but the reason for this post was to point out if the laws had to be changed as one poster said''the good thing about science is that its laws are always changing'',all i was saying if it had to be changed then it wasnt right in the first place!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
yeah o.k.,but the reason for this post was to point out if the laws had to be changed as one poster said''the good thing about science is that its laws are always changing'',all i was saying if it had to be changed then it wasnt right in the first place!
Ah,

Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yup, and nicely put. Of course, we've stopped calling them laws for that very reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality