U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM

335 posts, read 316,432 times

Advertisements

Here is a link for those interested in how science (engineering/biology) supports intelligent design. There is a video presented in laymen's terms, and many other scientific evidences to support this position. Just do a little navigation on the site.

This information goes to the heart of the matter, the beginning or origin. Does evolution occur? Certainly, by design.

This engineer's investigation/position has not been disproven by the many atheistic scientists, and other posters, on one of the world's largest atheist forums.

For those who believe in intelligent design, I encourage you to enable yourself with this information when talking to evolutionist's or atheist's. I do not promote this person's theology, just appreciated his efforts.

http://cosmicfingerprints.com/ifyoucanreadthis.htm

Science does make sense, though there may be a difference of opinion on who the designer is. That is another topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,940,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Here is a link for those interested in how science (engineering/biology) supports intelligent design. There is a video presented in laymen's terms, and many other scientific evidences to support this position. Just do a little navigation on the site.

This information goes to the heart of the matter, the beginning or origin. Does evolution occur? Certainly, by design.

This engineer's investigation/position has not been disproven by the many atheistic scientists, and other posters, on one of the world's largest atheist forums.

For those who believe in intelligent design, I encourage you to enable yourself with this information when talking to evolutionist's or atheist's. I do not promote this person's theology, just appreciated his efforts.

If you can read this, I can prove God Exists

Science does make sense, though there may be a difference of opinion on who the designer is. That is another topic.
evolution is a brilliant design from a brilliant designer,no-one can match it!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,314,526 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
evolution is a brilliant design from a brilliant designer,no-one can match it!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:44 AM

7,910 posts, read 6,742,899 times
Devine selection is a brilliant design, from a brilliant designer so to speak........See the whole evolution theory is just that, but nature can give life to nature as eternaly designed by God.... It is the Lord God who brings change and is the missing link,,,,, it is God who say there is plenty of air to breath, or room enough for man to live, or temperature and atmosphere mild enough for life on earth for God plan for HIS creation and purpose ...... The body of animals are so intricate that it would take more than brainless natural evolution to develop , and here is the Lord who sees man and his reason to exclude him from the factor with spirit of antichrist telling Darwin these reasons during the rebellous age of reason against Christ.....And God says`` Here I am study me and my faith , there is more advantage for man than this study of error of Darwinism which leads to no-where ``... quote from prophecies by Jesus through Maria Valtorta on August 22. 1943.............

Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM

13,960 posts, read 9,752,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Not true actually. Mr Marshall made his claim on the 'Infidels' forum. I read the thread Moderator cut: delete He was soundly trounced on just the second or third post when he was asked to prove that DNA was "created by an intelligent being"...which is what he bases all his 'evidence' on. He couldn't do that and because he couldn't do it, he only made about 15 posts in a thread that ran to well over 1000 posts. To put it plainly...he did a runner. Not disproven indeed!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-03-2011 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: insult

Old 01-30-2011, 08:36 AM

3,066 posts, read 2,956,512 times
Modern cosmology and evolution are interesting topics which are frequently hotly debated.

While I believe evolution may evidence intelligent design (How God made things make themselves), I see logical flaws in some of the arguments made.

The website article makes such a questionable argument thus:

Proof that DNA was designed by a mind:

(1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

(2) All codes we know the origin of are created by a conscious mind.

(3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind, and language and information are proof of the action of a Superintelligence.

Problems:

(1) This "code" or "language" terminology assumes as true what is really at issue.

(2) "All codes we know the origin of" We don't know the 'origin" of all codes.

(3) "Therefore" The premises have not been firmly established, so the conclusion has not been proven.

Last edited by ancient warrior; 01-30-2011 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 AM

13,960 posts, read 9,752,541 times
Q.E.D methinks!!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not true actually. Mr Marshall made his claim on the 'Infidels' forum. I read the thread (which is probably more than you have done). He was soundly trounced on just the second or third post when he was asked to prove that DNA was "created by an intelligent being"...which is what he bases all his 'evidence' on. He couldn't do that and because he couldn't do it, he only made about 15 posts in a thread that ran to well over 1000 posts. To put it plainly...he did a runner. Not disproven indeed!!
1st, you make an assumption "(which is probably more than you have done)" which is incorrect. Typical way to try and discredit a post when you are the one in error here.

2nd, the point of his evidence is highlighted in design, primarily, not a being, secondary but necessary.

3rd, the atheists do the same thing in circular reasoning, and diversion, that many claim he did. There was no point in his continuing because they couldn't prove anything counter to what he did, only claim his position wasn't supportable, but theirs was. Real science that is!

4th, In my OP, I clearly pointed out this thread was for believers in creation. If I wanted to discuss this with evolutionists, I would have put this on the atheists forum.

5th, I have a background in biology and what Mr. Marshall presented is in full accord with that science.

6th, all someone needs to disprove the origin of life through evolution is 2 things; 1. the fact that there is absolutely, positively, no evidence of Macroevolution is enough. 2. There is no evidence of a fossil record which shows the necessary evolutionary jumps that were necessary to evolve. Theories, suppositions, and billions of years do not establish fact.

I'm not going to debate evolution here, but I felt it necessary to clear the misrepresentations posted here since I started the thread.

As I stated, this post was for those who believe in intelligent design and are interested in the science which supports it. Others can believe the human theories they want to follow.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM

30,097 posts, read 30,882,340 times
There is no authentic science that supports ID.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no authentic science that supports ID.
There is no authentic science that supports evolution/chance/happenstance as the origin of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality