Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Yeah but how many of them want us to believe in virgin birth, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, curing leprosy by touching the one with the ailment, feeding 5000+ with two fish and five loaves, bleeding a man to death only to see him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc. You are kidding me aren't you?
Maybe not those specific things, but they certainly want us to believe things which are equally unbelievable, don't they?

For instance, what we were indoctrinated with as children wants us to believe that democracy automatically makes life better for everyone, but the recent elections in Lebanon prove that a lie, don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Maybe not those specific things, but they certainly want us to believe things which are equally unbelievable, don't they?

For instance, what we were indoctrinated with as children wants us to believe that democracy automatically makes life better for everyone, but the recent elections in Lebanon prove that a lie, don't they?
Mr...I give up on you. I've been arguing with people for 76 years and you don't even stay in the ball park

Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM

138 posts, read 163,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
As I said, the Bible is the inspired word of God. 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teacing, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness"
That is the beginning of it all for me. It's God's word. I believe it. I have faith that every word of it is inspired or God breathed. If YOU don't believe in that then you throw out the entire Bible. Either you believe it all to be truth or all a lie. You can't pick and choose.

There's nowhere in that scriptures that suggests the Bible is the word of God. This scripture is for us sinless saints who already have the knowledge of God to speak with. We are the Word of God in our created state, which is light energy. Jesus said many times that he was the light of this world and all the saints are the light, too.

The scriptures have nothing to do with being the light of the world. They are only testimonies by the people who are the light.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
But time and a half is the word of God, at least these days, and the bible has much to make up on that one. Too good for your veins?

Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
But time and a half is the word of God, at least these days, and the bible has much to make up on that one. Too good for your veins?

Too good has nothing to do with the truth. The truth in me is my teacher of all things and he's the one who taught me all the lies the Romans added to the new testament and the ones the Jews added to the old testament.

You can go ahead and worship that good book but I'll stick to the truth and use the scriptures he finds for me that are still okay to use. Only God knows which scriptures are lies or not.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Seriously, I can talk to you. But maybe you can talk to me about the definition of 'wicked'.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:30 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,272,579 times
To believe or not is your choice. Jesus never forced anyone to believe in Him, His message or His miracles. I choose to believe. Matter of fact when He sent. his disciples to spread the message, he told them that for those who rejected it they were to shake the dust from their feet and move on.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Seriously, I can talk to you. But maybe you can talk to me about the definition of 'wicked'.

Satan, devil, serpent, lucifer, wicked one, demons, thief, murderer, the dead, etc. are all symbolic names for the flesh of man. The tribulation is the flesh against the power of God and of course, we know who's winning the battle, don't we.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
To believe or not is your choice. Jesus never forced anyone to believe in Him, His message or His miracles. I choose to believe. Matter of fact when He sent. his disciples to spread the message, he told them that for those who rejected it they were to shake the dust from their feet and move on.

We chosen ones didn't have a choice in God. He did all the work and all we do is obey his commands.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 PM

No, I'm not being used. It's the system that uses me. Plus, I have a broken heart for good reason. Now the computer tells me to take a hike on Existentialism. She used me. I said,"hike".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality