Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times

Advertisements

With this line of thinking, sinners were made to sin - the clay was marred in the Potter's hand. Seriously, the first Adam cannot achieve holiness no matter how hard he tries.

But he's required to turn to the Lord for salvation, no matter his sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 04:08 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Transvestites may have been born with to many ``Y``or ``X`` chromosomes, but the study for Homosexual disorder ended with the authority that no study is needed as the popular belief that Homosexual is normal psychology, according to the liberal tolerances .......... But there are Homosexual people who turn to Lord Jesus Christ and get spiritually delivered and end up heterosexual with no sexual attraction to the same sex , go figure....

Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 PM

138 posts, read 163,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
ugh,not quite,God gave us freewill.So things like sexual perversion (and adultery, and all other sins,while we're at it) WILL occur,but it's all at our own level of fault,not God's.

Have you ever seen a skyscraper get built without an architect around?

God planned everything before creation. What you see today was planned to happen exactly that way.

Christians need free will because of their sins and not knowing who God is.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
With this line of thinking, sinners were made to sin - the clay was marred in the Potter's hand. Seriously, the first Adam cannot achieve holiness no matter how hard he tries.

But he's required to turn to the Lord for salvation, no matter his sin.

Everyone is saved from their flesh when they die according to the law. It says the penalty of sin is death. Once the flesh dies, the penalty has been paid in full. Our created existence remains in God until the next age of flesh for us to use.

God has to make everyone sinners during this age so he could work with his saints, prophets and Jesus in his truth. We were all liars but some of us became obedient to God, changed into a sinless saint and used to speak his truth for him.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
an arcitect can build a building without controlling what all goes on inside of it.it could be anything from sheer chaos to utter hell inside,or it could be a church or bible study group.it's up to the ppl inside of it.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Transvestites may have been born with to many ``Y``or ``X`` chromosomes, but the study for Homosexual disorder ended with the authority that no study is needed as the popular belief that Homosexual is normal psychology, according to the liberal tolerances .......... But there are Homosexual people who turn to Lord Jesus Christ and get spiritually delivered and end up heterosexual with no sexual attraction to the same sex , go figure....

God knows what he's doing because he planned it all.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
Everyone is saved from their flesh when they die according to the law. It says the penalty of sin is death. Once the flesh dies, the penalty has been paid in full. Our created existence remains in God until the next age of flesh for us to use.
Reincarnation?

Quote:
God has to make everyone sinners during this age so he could work with his saints, prophets and Jesus in his truth. We were all liars but some of us became obedient to God, changed into a sinless saint and used to speak his truth for him.
Only God is holy, so He must increase within us (and we decrease) for holiness to envelope us. I repeat, there is none holy but the Lord.

I die daily, in the meantime.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Reincarnation?

Only God is holy, so He must increase within us (and we decrease) for holiness to envelope us. I repeat, there is none holy but the Lord.

I die daily, in the meantime.

No sinner can die daily on his own merit. If God isn't doing the work in you, then nothing will happen to you life until you die in the flesh. Then you'll be freed from your flesh and remain in God as thoughts.

All of us will die soon so the earth can change into a better one for us. Then we'll get new bodies to experience our heavenly existence in God's thoughts.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
My traditional thinking, before I hit puberty, was that God did intend or allow people to be homosexual because he wished them to be celibate. It might be easier to have them asexual, but it might be easier for a homosexual to relate to sexual beings than an asexual.

I'd say that's about how I still see it. From Catholic thinking I know homosexuality is "a disorder" but many saints outright prayed to be ill or infirmed. Although I'm not per-se homosexual when I started having same-sex desires I think it humbled me some. It's hard to think yourself so much better than others when you have disordered lusts. I haven't quite transmuted it to a greater compassion and empathy for other people with desires they deem wrong, but I think it can still happen.

So if "being homosexual" means a life of celibacy and humble service, and for me as a Catholic it should, than I guess I'm basically okay with their being homosexuals. Unfortunately "the world" emphasizes sex, romantic love, and giving in to your natural inclinations as what one must do. So homosexuals are encouraged to be "virtually straight" with romance, marriage, sex, and the rest. Granted Christians sometimes do almost worse by encouraging them to actually be straight instead of recognizing their's is a different path. (Protestantism, in particular, almost can't deal with this as Protestantism traditionally has no concept of celibacy. So they often have to either embrace homosexual sex, and reject the Bible, or encourage homosexuals to live a lie. This is one of those cases I'm very glad I'm not Protestant)

Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
Quote:
I know you need an excuse not to hear the truth
um,no excuse needed, Moderator cut: Orphaned

Quote:
but they use many architects on a skyscraper job. If they run this job in chaos, they wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place.
no,I'm talking about what goes on *inside the building,not the building itself.

Quote:
You need to stop your lying to cover up for you lack of understanding. Listening and asking questions is much better around the truth. That way, you won't get rebuked for you lies.
again,see above.if I wanted to lie to you,all I'd simply have to do is agree with you.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-01-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality