U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 PM

7,654 posts, read 6,646,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A scientific theory trumps your myths every day of the week.
Most Americans do not believe in the Theory of evolution. And even less would believe in a Theory that is based on the Theory of Evolution.
To suggest that men become Gay based on two unfound Theories is really grabbing for straws.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,511,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is no difference at all. Anything that is in opposition to God's laws are evil. Only your humanistic worldview would allow you to suggest one is a mental issue, while the other is natural.
With all due respect, you have just proven that you fit the classic and accepted definition of "ignorance".

define:ignorance - Google Search

You know something? I don't hold it against you -- you simply don't know any better, and you're allowing other people to do your thinking for you. In fact, up until my mid-20's I was very much like you. At that point, I began encountering an entire series of cold, hard facts and unambiguous situations that completely contradicted my early religious education. This shook my beliefs to their core, and it has taken several decades of reading, thought and reflection to sort things out.

I still follow the teachings of Christ as I understand them, because I believe that His way is my way. I am willing to stand before The Throne and be judged on the basis of what I have done and failed to do.

Take care to note, however, that I don't call myself a "Christian." You see, I don't wish to be lumped into the same category with folks like you (again, no offense intended).

Old 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM

10,010 posts, read 12,250,679 times
Quote:
Most Americans do not believe in the Theory of evolution. And even less would believe in a Theory that is based on the Theory of Evolution.
To suggest that men become Gay based on two unfound Theories is really grabbing for straws.
Only 40% of Americans believe in Creation. 60% believe in either Theistic ( evolution over millions of years with god guidance) And the Naturalistic Evolution, without gods help. The % of people that believe in Naturalistic has doubled over the course of 20 years or so. Creationism has dropped. Just a matter of time.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
With all due respect, you have just proven that you fit the classic and accepted definition of "ignorance".

define:ignorance - Google Search

You know something? I don't hold it against you -- you simply don't know any better, and you're allowing other people to do your thinking for you. In fact, up until my mid-20's I was very much like you. At that point, I began encountering an entire series of cold, hard facts and unambiguous situations that completely contradicted my early religious education. This shook my beliefs to their core, and it has taken several decades of reading, thought and reflection to sort things out.

I still follow the teachings of Christ as I understand them, because I believe that His way is my way. I am willing to stand before The Throne and be judged on the basis of what I have done and failed to do.

Take care to note, however, that I don't call myself a "Christian." You see, I don't wish to be lumped into the same category with folks like you (again, no offense intended).

Well your nothing like me, and never were. And I don't follow the teachings of men. And that is because I don't even go to church. Yet starting in my early 20s I had my first encounter with the God of the Bible. He spoke to me in a voice, and has done so on a few more occasions. Jesus Christ is not just some historical person to me. I personally know Him. I could tell you stories about our encounters. He is alive. And when His Book tells us, that the Homosexual lifestyle is wrong. You can believe that.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM

24,985 posts, read 18,582,885 times
Quote:
All that tells me is that most Americans are ignorant and poorly educated.
Are you going to address my post on influenza?

What is an unfound theory? Certainly not what I was talking about...My post was about peer reviewed science, tested by others reaching the same conclusions...Basing your views on mythology is not desperate?

Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,511,927 times
Quote:
Well your nothing like me, and never were. And I don't follow the teachings of men. And that is because I don't even go to church.
You are absolutely, 100% correct; I am NOTHING like you. From birth I was raised in a pentecostal denomination in which my maternal grandfather was a prominent figure. I know the Bible, front to back, inside out. Trust me on this, you do not want to engage in a Bible contest with me.

We have nothing further to discuss. Best wishes, and may God smile upon you.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
You are absolutely, 100% correct; I am NOTHING like you. From birth I was raised in a pentecostal denomination in which my maternal grandfather was a prominent figure. I know the Bible, front to back, inside out. Trust me on this, you do not want to engage in a Bible contest with me.

Actually nighteyes I would like to see that. I have great respect for you and your views even though we don't have the same beliefs, you have always been fair, thoughtful, none bigoted and polite.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Only 40% of Americans believe in Creation. 60% believe in either Theistic ( evolution over millions of years with god guidance) And the Naturalistic Evolution, without gods help. The % of people that believe in Naturalistic has doubled over the course of 20 years or so. Creationism has dropped. Just a matter of time.
According to the latest Gallup pole a small minority of Americans hold the "secular evolution" view that humans evolved with no influence from God.
At the same time, the 40% of Americans who hold the "creationist" view that God created humans as is 10,000 years ago.

And I was not afraid to post the link were I got that information.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
According to the latest Gallup pole a small minority of Americans hold the "secular evolution" view that humans evolved with no influence from God.
At the same time, the 40% of Americans who hold the "creationist" view that God created humans as is 10,000 years ago.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism
Like I said 40%.

Beliefs of the U.S. public about evolution and creation

Old 03-17-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:

We have nothing further to discuss, because you either do not have the knowledge or the ability to defend your position. And I really don't care if your grandfather was the pope.LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality