Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,811,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So was Hitler trying to force the prophecy?
It was the Jews themselves that forced the prophecy in the 40's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,103,552 times
Quote:
I alone am not condemning Homosexuals. The Bible tells you that for a man to have sexual relations with another man as one would have with a woman, this is a hateful sin. Leviticus 18:22. You know, if your going to blame someone for this opinion. Why don't you blame the God of the Bible. Evil should be resisted. And that is what my homosexual realtive did. And he discovered that yes, you can change and be happy. And he is not alone.
Once again - show me in the Bible where it says it is wrong to be a homosexual. I'm not talking about homosexual acts or homosexual lust - but just the mere fact of being a homosexual.

I don't believe the Bible. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that I never will. If someone gave you a book that was supposedly inspired by God that said that all people who dyed their hair were evil or that anyone who spoke with a lisp was stupid - would you believe it? That's kind of how I see a lot of what is in the Bible. There is some good in it, sure - but there is so much that teaches people to hate. There are so many prejudices from a different time that can't be gotten over because people still uphold these prejudices as just. It makes me sad.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,952,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It was the Jews themselves that forced the prophecy in the 40's.
So did the Jews force Hitler to build the death camps? Is that how they forced the prophecy?

Old 03-23-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Once again - show me in the Bible where it says it is wrong to be a homosexual. I'm not talking about homosexual acts or homosexual lust - but just the mere fact of being a homosexual.

I don't believe the Bible. Perhaps this is one of the reasons that I never will. If someone gave you a book that was supposedly inspired by God that said that all people who dyed their hair were evil or that anyone who spoke with a lisp was stupid - would you believe it? That's kind of how I see a lot of what is in the Bible. There is some good in it, sure - but there is so much that teaches people to hate. There are so many prejudices from a different time that can't be gotten over because people still uphold these prejudices as just. It makes me sad.

The Bible is light years beyond you. It's obvious you know little about it. And that is the main reason you don't believe it. The Biblical prophecies which speak of our future confirm it's truth. Yet your talking about someone with dyed hair? The Bible tells us to live pure lives before God. The homosexuals have rejected those teachings, and are a big part of the spread of the AIDs virus. What is sad, is the way you ignore that reality. Millions across the earth have died, and the only thing that makes you sad is predudice?

A homosexual, is a man who has sexual desires for other men. Romans 1:26 clearly tells you such desires are shameful. It matters little why God gave them over to such desires. The desire itself, according to Scripture is considered shameful.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,637,161 times
Quote:
The Bible is light years beyond you. It's obvious you know little about it. And that is the main reason you don't believe it. The Biblical prophecies which speak of our future confirm it's truth. Yet your talking about someone with dyed hair? The Bible tells us to live pure lives before God. The homosexuals have rejected those teachings, and are a big part of the spread of the AIDs virus. What is sad, is the way you ignore that reality. Millions across the earth have died, and the only thing that makes you sad is predudice?

A homosexual, is a man who has sexual desires for other men. Romans 1:26 clearly tells you such desires are shameful. It matters little why God gave them over to such desires. The desire itself, according to Scripture is considered shameful.
What about lesbians? They ok?

Bible was written by men years and years AFTER supposed events took place. So basically you are putting all your faith in a man written book. Not hard for them to take current events and placed and guess about them.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This is called the No True Scotsman fallacy. No "true Christian" would ignore any of the 10 Commandments either, and yet every Christian on earth breaks at least 1 every single week.
There is a big difference between one who calls themselves a Christian, and one, WHO IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,637,161 times
Quote:
There is a big difference between one who calls themselves a Christian, and one, WHO IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN.
No such thing.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What about lesbians? They ok?

Bible was written by men years and years AFTER supposed events took place. So basically you are putting all your faith in a man written book. Not hard for them to take current events and placed and guess about them.

Many of the prophecies occured long after such writers died. And many of those prophecies speak of what is happening in our time. And those details would not be easy for anyone to guess at. Especially the rebirth of Israel as a nation near the end of time.

And according to Romans 1:26 it states. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. So no, it would not be ok.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No such thing.

Well Jesus Christ says there is. Not everyone who says to me, LORD,LORD, will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do the will of my Father.
And there is where the difference is found. He tells us those who obey His commandments are those who love Him. To many do not obey, yet go to church and give us a good show, yet God is not impressed.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,811,672 times
Quote:
So did the Jews force Hitler to build the death camps? Is that how they forced the prophecy?
Where is Hitler mentioned in your prophecies? What does Hitler have to do with the formation of the State of Israel??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality