Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:35 PM

495 posts, read 748,018 times

Advertisements

Check this out. What do you think? I think it's right on.

Plain and simple, this book scared the Hell out of me.

It made me want to put it down, but I couldn’t. It made me want to not believe what was written in it and whistle like a boy walking alone in a graveyard at 2 a.m., and finally, it made me realize that Satan and Evil are real and nothing to trifle with.

“Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans,” is a true horror journal, written by the late Roman Catholic priest Malachi Martin who grabs you by the shoulder and takes you on a hellish trip to a sickening Inferno

Hostage to the Devil -- 5 real cases of demonic possession - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/02/hostage-to-the-devil-5-real-cases-of-demonic-possession/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post

It made me want to put it down, but I couldn’t. It made me want to not believe what was written in it and whistle like a boy walking alone in a graveyard at 2 a.m., and finally, it made me realize that Satan and Evil are real and nothing to trifle with.

“Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans,” is a true horror journal, written by the late Roman Catholic priest Malachi Martin who grabs you by the shoulder and takes you on a hellish trip to a sickening Inferno

Hostage to the Devil -- 5 real cases of demonic possession - Last (http://lastreporter.com/2011/02/hostage-to-the-devil-5-real-cases-of-demonic-possession/ - broken link)Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/02/hostage-to-the-devil-5-real-cases-of-demonic-possession/ - broken link)
Like everything else published on Last Reporter, it is fiction right out of the twilight zone. I think those folks ingest too many Psilocybin mushrooms.
But hey, believe what you want...There is probably an app for it.

New iPhone App now available for contacting extraterrestrials. The ET Contact Tool provides you with a full course in the use of meditation and remote viewing for making contact, as well as a suite of tools to help you make contact on your own. It includes over two hours of audio tutorials, guided meditations and tones, along with Dr. Greer’s complete written guide on the science of making contact, custom-tailored for the iPhone.
New iPhone App now available for contacting extraterrestrials - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/02/ufo-group-develops-new-iphone-app-for-contacting-extraterrestrials/ - broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

Old 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
progressive25, I just wanted to thank you for finding another link that I could add to my bookmarks of comedy websites. I always enjoy finding a new one.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post

Hostage to the Devil -- 5 real cases of demonic possession - Last Reporter (http://lastreporter.com/2011/02/hostage-to-the-devil-5-real-cases-of-demonic-possession/ - broken link)

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:
because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

If we be of and with God, what is there to fear, save the love of God?

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Not to mention, there's some relationships to my latest thread on R&P about peoples beliefs about things they've witnessed, and how they then embellish them.

To wit: people claim things happened to them, and then also provide the reasons behind the event, when in fact, this may well be (and mostly, in the realm of the supernatural, didn't happen that way at all, but hey: it sure sounds good now!). And, it builds their faith and denies those danged atheist nay-sayers.

"Dammm them! To hell! And which, BTW, I've recently visited...."

Old 02-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
"when in fact, this may well be"
is giving them the benefit of the doubt.You see, God gives us that allowance, by not giving anyone in particular the exact truth by which anyone should boast.

Therefore, we are at each others mercy.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-19-2011, 02:10 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
I had a nightmare last night, but the gods had nothing to do with it.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
is giving them the benefit of the doubt.You see, God gives us that allowance, by not giving anyone in particular the exact truth by which anyone should boast.

Therefore, we are at each others mercy.

Blessings, AJ
Seems a bit too convenient... No matter how we present an argument, there's always a good Christian reason it didn't quite work out. But when the best Christian arguments are aired against what atheists have concluded, it's "pure logic!!". Improperly applied to be sure, but who's counting.

When logically cornered, if you default to that "Goddunnit" argument, how can we ever fight that one, huh.

So OK: you win!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I had a nightmare last night, but the gods had nothing to do with it.

So you say.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Seems a bit too convenient...>>>rifleman
Of all possible scenario's, this is the best!

It would seem that on the things of God, there is no logic, at least comprehend-able or provable.

So logic for the things that are can only be the answer save faith in God.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality