Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 01:41 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Why worship a book that revels in hatred and murder?

I think anyone that worships a book is small minded, just as I think anyone who thinks the bible is not historical is small minded as well.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:01 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,623,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
One source says yes, one source says no... one or the other is incorrect, it is impossible for both to be correct= Logical

One source says 1000, another source says 5000 and yet another source says 15,000... two of the three are incorrect no matter how you dice it; It is impossible for all three to be correct=logical.

So, uhm... where does your "logical contradiction" perhaps via misinterpretation factor work out with such finite things that leave no room for varied interpretation?

You can't rationalize any of it can't explain it at all, so have to resort to calling it... the "fiflibuster tactic?" This goes beyond the realm of totally ridiculous--- This is no "tactic" at all, it's simply direct, exact quotes being compared to each other out of the official book!

Break it all down for us and explain away all the contradictions for us. I am truly anxious to hear your brand of logic (that doesn't seem to conform to any known standards of logical thought).
We obviously don't seem to be connecting. It's easy to conclude from the supposed "101 contradictions," that if you actually believe these are truly logical contradictions, it then logically follows that you obviously do not understand what it is that actually constitutes a logical contradiction. Therefore, wouldn't it be a complete waste of time and exercise in futility for me to attempt a debate with you over which of your so called "101 contradictions" is or is not truly contradictory?

My advice: School yourself on what a logical contradiction is, pick out what you feel to be the single most glaring Biblical "contradiction," and then we might be able to begin a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not interested. Nothing personal you understand.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:52 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,721,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The bible is about 85% accurate, you build your critic case on that 15% which is not. And you need that minority to feed your majority. Much of civilization was built on the bible, its the worlds greatest seller in book history, thats a fact! A stunning fact! Your attempt to belittle it is meaningless, its history is simply greater than you will ever be. Much of civilization was built on the bible, its the worlds greatest seller in book history, thats a fact!

You have error in you, does that mean you have no facts in you? Certainly not, you are transparent, Much of civilization was built on the bible, its the worlds greatest seller in book history, thats a fact!
Peace.
RESPONSE:

>>The bible is about 85% accurate<<

Ah! Another assertion without evidence presented.

>>Much of civilization was built on the bible, its the worlds greatest seller in book history, thats a fact!<<

Really? How many were sold compared to the sacred books of other religions. Was it the best seller in say China, India, the MidEast?

And perhaps you meant to say that much of Western civilization (only) involved the bible?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,721,645 times
Isn't the largest religious denomination now the Islamists?

Does this mean that the Koran is more accurate than the Bible?

Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM

86 posts, read 136,340 times
Default Pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
We obviously don't seem to be connecting. It's easy to conclude from the supposed "101 contradictions," that if you actually believe these are truly logical contradictions, it then logically follows that you obviously do not understand what it is that actually constitutes a logical contradiction. Therefore, wouldn't it be a complete waste of time and exercise in futility for me to attempt a debate with you over which of your so called "101 contradictions" is or is not truly contradictory?

My advice: School yourself on what a logical contradiction is, pick out what you feel to be the single most glaring Biblical "contradiction," and then we might be able to begin a discussion. Otherwise, I'm not interested. Nothing personal you understand.

To answer nothing, sidestep any straightforward questions and then question my academic abilities or credentials (which more than likely exceed your own) is hardly a credible response. You and others are the ones claiming a "logical contradiction" factor and possibly some reasonable explanation of these contradictions, not I. I am simply referring to them as contradictions. To attempt to sidestep, misconstrue or “attempt to baffle them with bullsh*t” as you go does not detract from overwhelming evidence of the matter and is often standard procedure for those whose religious fervor is so deeply embedded and ingrained into them. They are completely unable to evaluate things from all perceived angles and unable to objectively evaluate all data before them since some it may defy these inherent beliefs.

I have laid out general factual data throughout this thread, looking at the issue from many different angles to include the scientific evaluation, the forensic evaluation, the politically inclined motivations, the common sense analysis of it all and so on. I have shown overwhelming evidence that the bible is completely inaccurate, starting from the very beginnings of the Old Testament. Modern science and technology have proven many things beyond any reasonable doubt that completely contradict accounts in the bible.

The overall evaluation actually goes way beyond differing accounts of human events in history recorded in the bible. It goes into the bible’s explanations of the history of the universe and the chronological timeline of these events and the undisputed findings of modern science and technology that show beyond any reasonable doubt that things written in the bible are obvious falsehoods.

Feel free to start at #1 and work your way from there, rather than sidestepping the issue. Should we ever get through it all to #100 or so, I would love to debate Genesis as compared to what undisputed scientific findings show about the origins of earth prior to modern homo sapiens walking upon it.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 02-26-2011, 03:54 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Why are Xians such stubborn, obstinate children when it comes to accepting the flaws and contradictions in their Bible? Ignoring them won't make them go away.
Yes, Xians are probably going to be around for quite some time.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The Chinese just simply didn't notice their Empire floating away.....

No, there was no record of the flood in China because the water was held back by the Great Wall?

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit
Why are Xians such stubborn, obstinate children when it comes to accepting the flaws and contradictions in their Bible? Ignoring them won't make them go away.
I was thinking why is it that atheists are such stubborn, obstinate children when it comes to
correcting them when they bring up supposed contradictions in our Bible?

I have yet to hear just once a.w. say he was wrong. No, not even once after being corrected. He just goes on and on with his blather that he is right. It is such a pitiful sight to see someone like him go through life never learning, always thinking they are right and everyone else wrong.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman
The Chinese just simply didn't notice their Empire floating away.....
Oh they noticed alright. But they were too busy trying to make it to the highest mountains to get above the flood waters rather than take time to write down what was happenning. After their country was wiped out no one was around to kick start their country again until one of Noah's progeny got there.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:24 PM

Then why didn't any of Noah's progeny in China write anything about it? They were too busy mopping up, I guess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality