Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times

Advertisements

Personally, I can't answer cruxan's question. If I had to choose...I'm Jewish, and I don't have problems with my religion. So I don't see the need for a choice of something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Personally, I can't answer cruxan's question. If I had to choose...I'm Jewish, and I don't have problems with my religion. So I don't see the need for a choice of something else.
Yes Fred you were soooooo lucky to be born a Jew! No need to choose! : I was not so lucky, I was born into a home where religion was not practiced. I had to choose....

Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The op is:

if you had to choose one religion to follow which one would you follow??

Campbell this is the question. We all know you are a Christian. We all know you have no respect for any others or their religions. This op is not a debate on religion, much less Christianity and how it might be the best.

It is not the best it is just another choice.

Jazzymom. The topic is about the religion I have choosen. The topic is not about accusing me of not respecting any others. Jazzymom, please stay on topic.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jazzymom. The topic is about the religion I have choosen. The topic is not about accusing me of not respecting any others. Jazzymom, please stay on topic.

You so far have not stayed on topic, I was just pointing that out to you.

Your post that was off topic:
I went with the faith that was proven by the prophecies of the Old Testament. Jesus Christ fulfill over 300 Old Testament prophecies. Moderator cut: off topic

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
ok let me make this more simple.. if you were being tortured and forced to accept only one religion of your choice ,, then which one would you worship.. i'm still a buddhist it's a simple question,?? it's like being forced to take a drug.. you would choose the lesser of evils..

i realy like the sound of a buddhist banging on a big bong opps>>> gong

Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Geez, that's a hard one... Um... I don't think I'm a good fit for any religion... The Quakers do sound nice, the Buddhist, too. I mean - if I was being tortured and forced to accept only one religion - I might just martyr myself for my right to stay with my own beliefs... But if I didn't - I guess maybe I'd become Jewish. Or a Quaker. Or Buddhist. I guess if you don't believe any religion - choosing one would be just the same as choosing another. Right?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I'd choose Buddhism or Taoism. I can remain an atheist while following the ethical and philosophical principles of either or both.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Geez, that's a hard one... Um... I don't think I'm a good fit for any religion... The Quakers do sound nice, the Buddhist, too. I mean - if I was being tortured and forced to accept only one religion - I might just martyr myself for my right to stay with my own beliefs... But if I didn't - I guess maybe I'd become Jewish. Or a Quaker. Or Buddhist. I guess if you don't believe any religion - choosing one would be just the same as choosing another. Right?
i agree in general, but a lot of religions have a lot of violence associated with them. so just that fact would make me choose one that had the least amount of violence associated with it.. this is how i see it?? if i read every single religious scripture in the world i would choose the most peaceful one.. the qu'ran , christianity only naming a few,, have a revengfull god.. i mean come on being sent to hell to burn for eternity.!!!> for not believing sounds way to harsh in my book.....

i'm still hearing gongs in the himalayas..and just think the monks in tibet are closer to the heavens.. any body know if them monks have a monastery on mt everest..

Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
The American Indians don't make some of theirs sound too objectionable

Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Tim-ism.

I would follow me, and my own desires.

Oh, wait, I already do that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality