Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 AM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I just have faith that the whole god thing is a myth. It doesn't make sense.
It doesn't make sense that God doesn't exist.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It doesn't make sense that God doesn't exist.
Submit your evidence for scrutiny.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 AM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Submit your evidence for scrutiny.
That's the beauty of it... I don't have to.

I have faith and for those who don't they will find out once they leave this life.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:55 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times
Quote:

I have faith and for those who don't they will find out once they leave this life.
Aah the "we must die first for proof" ad hom

Not really convincing as no one has ever returned from the dead, your only example conveniently disappeared in the clouds. If Lazarus was raised form the dead, where is he today? He should afterall be immortal and the best evidence of the afterlife.

Zombies and vampires anyone?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
We don't know that is true. Reincarnation is just as plausible as Heaven and Hell. We have just as much proof to confirm or deny its existence.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Nor did I say you should, which is the words you have put in my mouth and are lying, lying, and then lying again about in order to simply be honest and say "Yes, you are right, I lied/errored about what you said, and I wrongfully put words in your mouth, I apologise"

You simply can not be honest and do that though.
Since I am UNABLE to satisfactorily prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt for myself, the ONLY alternative would be to take someone's word for it. Wrap your head around it. Two choices--either have personal experience or take someone else's word for it. No other choices available.

You believe that me having personal experience is a ridiculous standard, so you MUST want me to take someone else's word for it.

Quote:
I am not answering this for three very good reasons...

1) The request has nothing, literally nothing, to do with the text you quoted in post #251. Why quote someone then ask them something that has NOTHING TO DO with the text you quoted? It is simply a trolling way of showing you did not bother to read what you quoted.

2) You are a liar, and have lied, lied and lied again about what I said and until you admit/retract the lie I am not about to enter ANOTHER seperate conversation with you. Be honest, retract your lie, THEN I will enter another conversation with you.

3) I already answered it in post #185 you just put your hands over your eyes and ignored the answer and then, trolling as usual, went on to ask the same question again despite having the answer already.
There is no point in discussing this with you if you continue to lie and deny what you said though.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:13 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Quote:
Yeah how beautiful that you'll never have to put any mental effort into verifying your beliefs. How beautiful that you can just be a mindless sheep in the flock and never have to think critically or give honest answers about your beliefs. For the rest of your life you can just take the lazy way out, which you just did. This is why I generally don't "respect" anyone's religious beliefs because they're usually founded on laziness, convenience, "this is what my parents believed so I do too," and ignorance. (I don't know the answer, so goddunit)

Old 03-14-2011, 07:25 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Since I am UNABLE to satisfactorily prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt for myself
If you say so but that is your opinion and nothing to do with what I am asking you for.

You said, in black and white, that I said something to you I never did.

I am asking you to quote where I said those words, or admit you lied.

You appear to be unable to do EITHER. Wrap your head around it. Two choices. Either admit I never said what you claimed I did, or find where I said it.

Quote:
You believe that me having personal experience is a ridiculous standard
See? You keep lying and putting words in my mouth I never said.

I NEVER said that personal experience is a ridiculous standard.

I said that thinking you have to see something with your own eyes is the only method of proving something existence is a ridiculous standard.

But you continue to pretend I said something else. You continue to troll. You continue to lie.

Quote:
There is no point in discussing this with you if you continue to lie and deny what you said though.
Quote me saying it and I will admit saying it. The fact you can not, because I never did, shows which one of us is the liar here.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:

So there is no reason why we should treat you any different from those who have faith that…. elvis is still alive… that they are in fact napoleon reincarnated…. Or that they are hearing voices telling them to do things.

If you provide no evidence, and in fact display pride in your inability to do so, you put yourself on the exact same level as anyone else who claims something without evidence. Therefore we have no basis on which to treat you any differently to them.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
If you say so but that is your opinion and nothing to do with what I am asking you for.

You said, in black and white, that I said something to you I never did.

I am asking you to quote where I said those words, or admit you lied.

You appear to be unable to do EITHER. Wrap your head around it. Two choices. Either admit I never said what you claimed I did, or find where I said it.

See? You keep lying and putting words in my mouth I never said.

I NEVER said that personal experience is a ridiculous standard.

I said that thinking you have to see something with your own eyes is the only method of proving something existence is a ridiculous standard.

But you continue to pretend I said something else. You continue to troll. You continue to lie.

Quote me saying it and I will admit saying it. The fact you can not, because I never did, shows which one of us is the liar here.
I have quoted you. You chose to ignore the quote. The term "ridiculous" ring a bell? Either you see something for yourself, or you accept someone else's word. I choose to only believe those things I see for myself, and not take someone's word for it. If you think that is "ridiculous" that's on you. Deny it all you want, but that is what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.