Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
I wasn't writing to you.

Last first; you proved me correct and you can't read or comprehend (big words frustrate a lot of people). I used "your" (implying a particular post) not "any other".

Too many big words? Maybe you should learn larger words, larger words carry larger ideas-you might just expand your mind and really post on a philosophy thread with some thoughts.

If trolls are thought to be under a bridge, that has to be communicated either in the mind or in external forms of communicating. All this would have to be rationally structured to be communicated in either form (you know; nouns, direct objects, punctuations, etc, or do they no longer tech simple diagraming anymore?)). All the terms in the language would have to have ideas in them, such as what a troll is, a bridge, what is under, what they do, etc. All then, the ideas and communications, would have to be placed in a harmony.

The next has to do with the atheist who thinks that atheism is not an idea (but like religious people who think that god is a fact), or that the idea of atheism has no structure to it; that means it is not in thought except at a very unreflected level), so the atheist in this mentality basically has no thought but is in a mindless mode of acceptance, the characteristic of a human is that it thinks and forms supports for its interpretations of its reality; outside mind reality is transcendent (you know Kant), so it (and all else) is in the form of ideas to mind.

This is a philosophy thread, and that throws it into objectivity and the need for argument. What you think or feel is pretty irrelevant as you have no authority; if you reply to my post you should break it down not tell me how you feel and brag on your ignorance. Your thinking I don't understand what all the great minds on this thread are "talking" about is pretty much cast in doubt by your not knowing "big" words that impact the understanding of existence, an understanding that is the goal of philosophy..
I forgot that sarcasm doesn't work when it's posted on a forum. I was being sarcastic when I said too many big words.

Your post seemed like nothing but ramblings. This post of yours has some more meat to it and explains a bit more. Thats what is needed. This is not a cliff notes thread. If you say something that has meaning to it, address it. That is all I ask.

And starting a religions isn't as complicated as everyone thinks. A religion can simply be an idea, or a way of presenting oneself to the world. A religion doesn't require something to worship, or did I miss that day in religion making 101?

Listen, obviously you have a different way of thinking than most people. But, I haven't heard you say one thing that is philosophical and makes sense and I love philosophy and religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,567 times
I hope it is different, I don't like the herd, as I am sure you know what Plato said about the herd. Any one can be a choir boy.

When you say you haven't heard one thing philosophical, you are still in opinion and not philosophy, you stand on your authority without explanation.

Since my post was directed at another, I see no reason for you to take time to dissect it, but as one lacking authority you should use philosophy to re-argue against my points if you keep responding to it. And show that no philosophy is in them.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
I hope it is different, I don't like the herd, as I am sure you know what Plato said about the herd. Any one can be a choir boy.

When you say you haven't heard one thing philosophical, you are still in opinion and not philosophy, you stand on your authority without explanation.

Since my post was directed at another, I see no reason for you to take time to dissect it, but as one lacking authority you should use philosophy to re-argue against my points if you keep responding to it. And show that no philosophy is in them.
We think...therefore, we are...

Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
I am creating my own religion and I need suggestions on the name of the religion and the God(s). I need a structure and everything. Who wants to help me create a religion?

It can be complete and utter nonsense, completely factual or a mix of both.
hows that goin for ya???????

Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
hows that goin for ya???????
It's actually going pretty well for me. I have alot of stuff already done. I am just working on some plot twists, adding some suspense, and a bit of drama. Other than that I have just about everything else. But, like any religion, I am leaving room for changes.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,567 times
I thought it was, we shop, therefore we is

Old 03-08-2011, 02:12 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
I thought it was, we shop, therefore we is
That was adopted with the feminist movement in the mid sixties.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
It's actually going pretty well for me. I have alot of stuff already done. I am just working on some plot twists, adding some suspense, and a bit of drama. Other than that I have just about everything else. But, like any religion, I am leaving room for changes.
But have you come up with a better ploy to alleviate the followers from their money?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Unfortunately, the old ploys seem to have worked rather well.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But have you come up with a better ploy to alleviate the followers from their money?
No Money. No church building. All that is asked of the member is for them give give a portion of their time to someone in need. Kind of like a pay it forward deal. Volunteer at a shelter, school or simply help a friend move or lend an ear to an elderly person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality