Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM

351 posts, read 354,962 times

Advertisements

This may not be the place for it but reading all these post I am intriged by some of the screen names. Mine is pretty boring, just my first initial and my last name. But legoman, pcamps, Scarlet Wren, Lion painter, Finn_Jabar, and other unusual names paint a picture in my imagination, which probably is all wrong. Is Jazzymom really Jazzy or is her name Jasmine like my niece we call Jazzy. ahigherway I always read as ahighway, I just seem to leave out the er in the middle, don't know why. I know some screen names are very personal but for fun if you don't mind, where did you get you screen name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I'm a big fan of Alexandre Dumas' "Three Musketeers" , love Maine and Mooses. We also bought a music CD for Hubby's niece when she was little whilst on a Moose Safari and particularily liked "We are the Three Mooseketeers" ( It was playing on the "safari" bus and I have an excellent memory of having my head on my husband's shoulder in the dark looking for Mooses!)

Brent Holmes & Marty the Moose | Moose Tunes For Kids | CD Baby

Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
I've always had an awful time coming up with screen names. One day when I was joining a new forum, I was flipping through my Drug Information Handbook and came across the drug "basiliximab" which I thought sounded interesting. I know I was considering "basilisk", however that was already taken. Basiliximab is the intravenous drug used for the induction stage of a kidney transplant.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
This may not be the place for it but reading all these post I am intriged by some of the screen names. Mine is pretty boring, just my first initial and my last name. But legoman, pcamps, Scarlet Wren, Lion painter, Finn_Jabar, and other unusual names paint a picture in my imagination, which probably is all wrong. Is Jazzymom really Jazzy or is her name Jasmine like my niece we call Jazzy. ahigherway I always read as ahighway, I just seem to leave out the er in the middle, don't know why. I know some screen names are very personal but for fun if you don't mind, where did you get you screen name?
lol no my name is not anything close to my screen name... But Jazzy is a different kind of person who is also a mom. Thus she is Jazzymom, who in real life is a really nice person.... really!!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default It's obvious, isn't it?

Could have called myself polarbearman, geologiman, biolo-guy, or autoengineerboy, but frankly, after a life deep into all that techno stuff, my true passion when I retired, that of custom making of very accurate target rifles, which as a custom gunsmith I now do, ended up as my best descriptor: rifleman.

It has invoked many rancorous responses, given the reader's usual assumption(s) that I'm some sort of Republican (so wrong!) redneck (rigggghhhtttt....), uneducated () and an animal murderer (I'm in Audubon, and contribute some of my limited income to saving the world's most endangered animals, like cheetahs, polar bears, whales, and all the others...).

so cheers, and peace be with you all.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Mine comes from the number of the job assignment I used to have at work. (I no longer work that particular one...but it was a lot easier to keep the 314X part, rather than changing it every six months!)

Old 03-10-2011, 04:48 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
That's me mum's name before she married a yank and came to this country. She was born in Manchester and met him during the big one while she was in the womens land army.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Could have called myself polarbearman, geologiman, biolo-guy, or autoengineerboy, but frankly, after a life deep into all that techno stuff, my true passion when I retired, that of custom making of very accurate target rifles, which as a custom gunsmith I now do, ended up as my best descriptor: rifleman.

It has invoked many rancorous responses, given the reader's usual assumption(s) that I'm some sort of Republican (so wrong!) redneck (rigggghhhtttt....), uneducated () and an animal murderer (I'm in Audubon, and contribute some of my limited income to saving the world's most endangered animals, like cheetahs, polar bears, whales, and all the others...).

so cheers, and peace be with you all.
Am guilty...sowwy!
Mine is the plural of indefinite article "an" ()...nah...just the mundane signatory initials.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 PM

9 posts, read 8,420 times
Default Names, Names!

I've had this handle for several years....mostly cause it made me think,
and not many folks new what it was (no, I don't have a witch garden..lol)
Apparently, someone else had just the name, so I just stuck a random
number behind it.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM

196 posts, read 183,977 times
Mine comes from a river in Tennessee, the Duck River which ran through the small town where I was born and spent the first 14 years. I visited that river on many occasions whether fishing with my dad, swimming with my friends or to just skip rocks across it. Oh yeah, my dad and I also trapped mink and muskrat in the winter. This was in the 60's so I am by no means a "kid" anymore, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality