Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times

Advertisements

ancient warrior: So matter and energy existed before God? Rather makes God superfluous, doesn't it?

"The two most common elements in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity" - Flaubert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 02:06 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
The answer to the question is simple. First everything existed from the beginning of time till the end. Then specific things had their sequence here and there.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What???!! God didn't create matter and energy???
(I'm going to bet that you'll find some here that will disagree heartily with you on this)
RESPONSE:

If matter and energy are eternal, God disn't "create" them.

If matter and energy are not eternal, then God (or some other force) created them.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
ancient warrior: So matter and energy existed before God? Rather makes God superfluous, doesn't it?

"The two most common elements in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity" - Flaubert
RESPONSE:

Both of your statements are correct.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

If matter and energy are eternal, God disn't "create" them.

If matter and energy are not eternal, then God (or some other force) created them.
So who, or what created god?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Hi
If you are an atheist then what is the first thing that exist .. ever ?
From my point of view, me.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
what is the first thing that exist ? the monolith.!!! it has always been and always was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y15NnGZIBuM

Old 03-20-2011, 07:59 AM

570 posts, read 733,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
So who, or what created god?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt
I am an atheist, and I don't know, but I will posit that you don't know either.

But, I do have a guess. I think that the multiverse (note I did not say universe) just "is" and does not lie on our universe's time continuum
Scientists said that human minde can only understand from prevews experience (pictures, numbers, words etc ) even if it was only imaginary one .. experience that found in our perception mind !!
So upon that fact do human kind have any knowledge or prevews experience about something like that ?
No .. so how do you expect from us to understand something that we don't have a clue on ?
Human mind and imagination has limits,the unable to understand something does not mean it didt hapen or it's not there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
We don't know! Presumably you do...so give us a clue.
You know what really amaze me !!
It's you're admitting that you dont know .. yet when it comes to god you all of a sudden seems to know that "god does not exist" !!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
You know what really amaze me !!
It's you're admitting that you dont know .. yet when it comes to god you all of a sudden seems to know that "god does not exist" !!
Nope! Not surprisingly, you are wong yet again. I don't know whether gods exist or not but, based on the lack of objective, verifiable evidence for them, it is my belief that they do not. There is a huge difference between believing and knowing...or don't you know that?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 AM

570 posts, read 733,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Nope! Not surprisingly, you are wong yet again. I don't know whether gods exist or not but, based on the lack of objective, verifiable evidence for them, it is my belief that they do not. There is a huge difference between believing and knowing...or don't you know that?
Fare enough ... so you only believe in things that you could see or hear .. etc? (Tangible things )
Am i right ?
P.S : I really hope that you understand that i don't want to debate or argue with any one here .. its just that i do care & i want the best for all of us .
its all for LOVE .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 03-20-2011 at 10:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality