Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

This is the one that gets me...
Quote:
if the sun was just a little closer to the earth we would burn up if it was like a centimerer farther we would freeze

Squall doesn't even seem to know that the earth, like other planets has an elliptical orbit...There is a difference of about 5 million Km between when it is closest to the sun and when it is farthest away...LOL, a centimeter indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 08:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Hi
If you are an atheist then what is the first thing that exist .. ever ?
The chicken.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is the one that gets me...

Squall doesn't even seem to know that the earth, like other planets has an elliptical orbit...There is a difference of about 5 million Km between when it is closest to the sun and when it is farthest away...LOL, a centimeter indeed!
Which he now admits was a deliberate lie.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 AM

570 posts, read 733,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar
Frankly, your point is pointless for the simple reason that the total number of exoplanets discovered so far is still quite small. To infer that Earth is the only planet in the galaxy with oxygen, not to mention the entire universe, incorrect. The chemical element Oxygen ranks 3rd in abundance throughout the universe, albeit much less than Hydrogen and Helium which rank 1st and 2nd in abundance.

That said, oxygen is present in the form of water ice on Mars, the Moon, as well as some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. An exoplanet nicknamed Osiris (HD 209458b), which is a hot, dying Jupiter-like planet, was detected to contain oxygen and carbon in ts atmosphere. Because of the size of the planet and close proximity to its parent star, it would not be suitable for human beings to live on. Still, it shows there are other planets that contain oxygen, which was your primary issue. It opens the door to the likelihood that there are probably other planets around the galaxy that might indeed contain an earthlike atmosphere and the possibility of life itself.

While oxygen (20.9%) within the lower atmosphere of Earth is certainly important for our survival, so is nitrogen, which is much more abundant (78.1%) in the atmosphere. You would not be able to live on a planet with an atmosphere of pure oxygen.
HD 209458 b - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NASA - Dying Planet Leaks Carbon-Oxygen

Oxygen and carbon discovered in exoplanet atmosphere 'blow-off' | Press Releases | ESA/Hubble

Oxygen, carbon discovered in exoplanet atmosphere

Abundance of the chemical elements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why do you think i mention oxygen in first place ?!!!
Do you think i want to bult oxygen factories up there ?!!
I mentioned oxygen only to discuss the possibility of life in other planets ..
Therefore, it is understood that I am talking about the amount of oxygen that could be suitable for life..
which shows clearly in my sentence :
Quote:
If you disagree then please give me a specific name of a planet with oxygen that certainly have been discovered .. a planet which human beings could live in it other than earth .

The same sentence that you choose deliberately not to complete!!
I wonder why
Therefor .. can we live on those planets now like we live on earth ?
No ..
There are alot of barriers preventing us from living there ...like little oxygen and very low air pressure etc etc ...

life on other planets is still a dream my friend
This makes us go back to the same Proven fact :
So far Earth is the only discovered planet that is appropriate for human being to live on .
If you guys discovered another planet with the same environment then NASA would be very happy of your discovery!!
I will be ready to book my ticket to leave planet Earth tomorrow
Who wnats to go with me ?
Quote:
Again, another pointless point. Please explain in what way such a sgnificant gravitational change would occur?

Yes, gravity is important, but so too is the Earth's magnetic field. Without a magnetic field, most of the atmosphere of Earth would be blown off into space by solar winds regardless of Earth's gravity.

Which "laws of the universe" are you talking about? Please be a bit more specific.
There are many laws which make life on earth appropriate to the capacity of organisms ... like the laws of gravity for example .
Gravity keeps the Earth in orbit around the sun and keeps us warm
Gravity also keeps the water on the Earth, the inhabitants on Earth, and the Earth's atmosphere in its place
Gravity keeps our food on our plates and our drinks in our glasses
To deny that is a flaw of thinking in itself .
I don't even have to respond on that

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 04-10-2011 at 06:44 AM..

Old 04-10-2011, 06:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
What causes gravity

We don't know yet but the link has no muslim scholars listed as recent scientists. But I am guessing you have some abstract verse in your q'ran that explains everything that brilliant Jews and Russians and other European fellows have not been able to solve.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 AM

570 posts, read 733,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
What causes gravity

We don't know yet but the link has no muslim scholars listed as recent scientists. But I am guessing you have some abstract verse in your q'ran that explains everything that brilliant Jews and Russians and other European fellows have not been able to solve.
Wohoo .. A big leap in the evolution of thinking ( not expected )
So you are now going from "no laws" to "What causes those laws" ?
At least we are geting somewhere finally
Keep jumping from a point to another .. you will eventually come back to my words as we see
And about your comment on gravity in the quran if you're seeking for the truth I'll tell you but if you come here with a closed mind.. a mind that said :" I don't want to understand" .. then don't waste our time more than you already did

Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I mentioned oxygen only to discuss the possibility of life in other planets ..
Therefore, it is understood that I am talking about the amount of oxygen that could be suitable for life..
which shows clearly in my sentence :

The same sentence that you choose deliberately not to complete!!
I wonder why
Therefor .. can we live on those planets now like we live on earth ?
No ..
There are alot of barriers preventing us from living there ...like little oxygen and very low air pressure etc etc ...
What people are trying to tell you, my trolling friend, is that your claim that Earth is the only planet with enough oxygen to support life, is flawed for the very simple reason that neither you nor anyone else has any idea how many planets there actually are in the universe much less how many of them have oxygen. We haven't even explored a smidgen of the universe and therefore, we have no idea how many planets there are, how many have life or how many have oxygen.

Your silly claim is dismissed so go forth and multiply...or words to that effect.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Misusing science to attempt proof of ancient mythology is the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I'm sure it is a great place to visit, but what is a post like that doing here?

"What is the first thing that exist?" Bad grammar?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyaaqq View Post
Hi everyone! I want to introduce a wonderful place to all of you! Spain is a very popular holiday destination for people from all the corners of the world. It is the type of country where regardless of the type of person you are, you will surely find something interesting and attractive, something that raises your interest.
...including being kept awake day and night by barking dogs, people who would do better sticking to riding donkeys rather than driving cars and people who are unable to talk unless they shout.

Yours truly,

Someone who lives in Spain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality