Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 AM

570 posts, read 733,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Even funnier is that our friend no doubt thinks he has stumped us with an argument that we have never come across before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo
You get used to it. Why only the other day I caught this user out trying to peddle a form of "pascals wager" off as his own.
You Macho men ..
Try to use your brain from time to time for a change
Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
If you are going to reduce the thread to personal insults then you likely have nothing more to add. However no there does not need to be a system to organise anything, just the simple rules of nature. Just like bubbles are always round because that is the most energy efficient shape for them to be.

If you have anything that is reproduced again and again, almost perfectly, and there is some reason why some reproductions are more successful than others, then that is all you need. No other "system" is required.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
You Macho men ..
Try to use your brain from time to time for a change
Peace
We have and do. That's why we're atheists.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
If you are going to reduce the thread to personal insults then you likely have nothing more to add.
I didt start it ... here is my prove :
Quote:
Why are you not just ignoring his/her posts if you 'can't' understand them rather than suggest he doesn't post?
This too :
Quote:
You get used to it. Why only the other day I caught this user out trying to peddle a form of "pascals wager" off as his own.
Quote:
Even funnier is that our friend no doubt thinks he has stumped us with an argument that we have never come across before!!
So please don't lie and said that i am the one who reduce the thread to personal insult first ...
Quote:
However no there does not need to be a system to organise anything, just the simple rules of nature.
Another contradiction !!!
No system but rules !!!
Rules creat the system & make it function my friend
Law is a system of rules and guidelines .
Quote:
Just like bubbles are always round because that is the most energy efficient shape for them to be.
Rules of energy creat that system .. as i told you ... everything is well organized .
Quote:
If you have anything that is reproduced again and again, almost perfectly, and there is some reason why some reproductions are more successful than others, then that is all you need. No other "system" is required.
There you said it " No other "system" so you admit that there is a system but no other required .
Thank you

Old 03-24-2011, 03:58 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
So please don't lie and said that i am the one who reduce the thread to personal insult first ...
There is no lie here. My comments were about actual things users have done. Such as lying... using bad english.... and passing off the work of others as their own (plagarism). These are FACTS not insults and the facts happen to be true in all the cases you quoted me and I can show evidence for them all.

However using a school yard comment like "Try to use your brain from time to time for a change" is not a fact. It is a pointless insult... massively different from pointing out facts. It adds nothing to the converation, it is not a fact or truth statement. Learn this rule in life, as it is a good one: Insults demean ONLY the insulter NEVER the target and you let no one down but yourself in a comment like that.

This forum is better than that, raise your game to match.

Quote:
Another contradiction !!! No system but rules !!!
There is no contradiction, just your understanding of English. The word "rule" is convenient, but it does not impart the meaning you want it to in this context. If it makes it easier for you to understand then delete the word "rules" and simply say "the facts of how the universe operates".

Imagine for example water falling into a hole and making a puddle. The puddle is the shape it is BECAUSE of the shape the hole is. There is no rules, no system, no design... the puddle simply has to be that way because that is how the hole forms it.

Similarly there is no requirement for rules or a system in order to obtain order from chaos... the universe (like the hole) is merely the way it is and the matter (like the water) is constrained by that in how it can act. We evolve out of that, but we should be no more surprised by that, than a puddle should be surprised it is the same shape as the hole it is in.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
There is no lie here. My comments were about actual things users have done. Such as lying... using bad english....
Very nice of you .. thanks .
Quote:
and passing off the work of others as their own (plagarism).
The same idea not the same work ... ever heard of that befor ?
Quote:
These are FACTS not insults and the facts happen to be true in all the cases you quoted me and I can show evidence for them all

However using a school yard comment like "Try to use your brain from time to time for a change" is not a fact. It is a pointless insult... massively different from pointing out facts.

Quote:
It adds nothing to the converation, it is not a fact or truth statement. Learn this rule in life, as it is a good one: Insults demean ONLY the insulter NEVER the target and you let no one down but yourself in a comment like that.
Thanks for the tip .
Quote:
This forum is better than that, raise your game to match.
I promes i will if you just tell me who made that watch in "Watchmaker" argument !!
Quote:
There is no contradiction, just your understanding of English. The word "rule" is convenient, but it does not impart the meaning you want it to in this context. If it makes it easier for you to understand then delete the word "rules" and simply say "the facts of how the universe operates".
Does it operates by a Motor ?
No .. it operates by specific "rules"
I think i am gonna have to stick with the word "rule" here .. but hey .. thank you
By the way .. Why do you hate the word "rules"
Quote:
Imagine for example water falling into a hole and making a puddle. The puddle is the shape it is BECAUSE of the shape the hole is. There is no rules, no system, no design... the puddle simply has to be that way because that is how the hole forms it.
You just Condemned yourself ...
If there is no rules, no system,as you said then that puddle would have make a different shape every single time .
So please repeat after me :
Puddles ...
of ...
water...
defying...
the...
rules...
of...
gravity
and that my friend takes us back to school yard comment
Quote:
Similarly there is no requirement for rules or a system in order to obtain order from chaos... the universe (like the hole) is merely the way it is and the matter (like the water) is constrained by that in how it can act. We evolve out of that, but we should be no more surprised by that, than a puddle should be surprised it is the same shape as the hole it is in.
Orgemides discovered the laws of physics in 278 BC .. so you must be late more than two thousand years ... dont you think its time to catch up with the rest of the world now !!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 AM

563 posts, read 929,445 times
Quote:
Very nice of you .. thanks .

The same idea not the same work ... ever heard of that befor ?

Thanks for the tip .

I promes i will if you just tell me who made that watch in "Watchmaker" argument !!

Does it operates by a Motor ?
No .. it operates by specific "rules"
I think i am gonna have to stick with the word "rule" here .. but hey .. thank you
By the way .. Why do you hate the word "rules"

You just Condemned yourself ...
If there is no rules, no system,as you said then that puddle would have make a different shape every single time .
So please repeat after me :
Puddles ...
of ...
water...
defying...
the...
rules...
of...
gravity
and that my friend takes us back to school yard comment

Orgemides discovered the laws of physics in 278 BC .. so you must be late more than two thousand years ... dont you think its time to catch up with the rest of the world now !!
I would imagine there is also some type of "rule" that keeps the water in it's current form as its falling to the ground. Some "rules" of temperature and altitute can change it to ice.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
I would imagine there is also some type of "rule" that keeps the water in it's current form as its falling to the ground. Some "rules" of temperature and altitute can change it to ice.

No ruels .. it's just the way it is ...but please don't say "rules" it kills me dude

Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
The "Watchmaker" argument is useless as proof for a creator of the universe. We know that the watch has to have a creator, a house has to have a builder and a painting has to have an artist. We know it because we know that paintings, watches and houses do not occur naturally....thus, they must have been created by someone. This is not the case with the universe.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The "Watchmaker" argument is useless as proof for a creator of the universe. We know that the watch has to have a creator, a house has to have a builder and a painting has to have an artist. We know it because we know that paintings, watches and houses do not occur naturally....thus, they must have been created by someone. This is not the case with the universe.
I know .. and since a little tiny poor thing like a watch must have been made by someone .. then what do we say about the whole universe ??!!!!
I will tell you ... not someone or something .. this is huge so it must be made by someone with a power beyond any imagination called as God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality