Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Then there are some researchers that believe they've found 200,000 year old cities in South Africa (I'll save that information for later).
I looked this up and found this article

What I see is a bias to believe that 200k years ago, folk did not have the ability to build cities and that this MUST be the work of absent aliens.

I do not agree with that assertion as there really is not much outside of dating the site.

The only ancient ancient recordings we have are of the bushmen paintings.

The area where these things are, are at a high altitude of 4000-5000 feet.

This is also an area conducive to farming and herding. Very flat like your prairies perhaps and also has good rainfall.

Walls like these:

Are no more than enclosures for animals, likely goats or sheep, a wall of this nature will not keep the cat predators out. This construction appear very primitive in comparison to the Zimbawe ruins that obviously are more thought out and more of a fortress enclosure.

All of these would have been possible to construct with ancient techniques.

The aerial views do not suggest anything organized but rather random.

South Africa

Zimbabwe Ruins

Step farming Himachal - Parwanoo

I think we many times underestimate ancient man. Obviously if you have a biblical perspective of a young earth, the obvious backwardness of the ME cultures, then I suppose aliens seems plausible.

However we know man has inhabited this blue dot of ours for much longer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,337,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
However we know man has inhabited this blue dot of ours for much longer than that.
On this one statement, we do agree!!! However, I feel that "man" (as in the human being) is a form of life that is much older than the Earth. IMO, this is why we have creation myths that point to a "skyman" that "created" us.

Getting back to Africa

What I found interesting about the 200,000 year old South African cities is the fact that people like Zecharia Sitchin has written books about this topic in great detail (and Zecharia did this decades ago). According to Sitchin (and researchers like him) we humans were genetically engineered to be slaves to a race of ETs (or Gods; hence the skymen worship that still goes on today). As crazy as this may sound; do some research on Zecharia, his translations of Sumerian clay tablets, and take a peak at some of his youtubes (all of this research can be done without paying for a single book of his).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yRHMng3Ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anTpeL9fvWE

Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
On this one statement, we do agree!!! However, I feel that "man" (as in the human being) is a form of life that is much older than the Earth. IMO, this is why we have creation myths that point to a "skyman" that "created" us.

Getting back to Africa

What I found interesting about the 200,000 year old South African cities is the fact that people like Zecharia Sitchin has written books about this topic in great detail (and Zecharia did this decades ago). According to Sitchin (and researchers like him) we humans were genetically engineered to be slaves to a race of ETs (or Gods; hence the skymen worship that still goes on today). As crazy as this may sound; do some research on Zecharia, his translations of Sumerian clay tablets, and take a peak at some of his youtubes (all of this research can be done without paying for a single book of his).
Sorry I do not watch You Tube, my connection is too slow.

This area I referred to is in the province where I actually live. I have a pretty good understanding of the cultural diversity of the peoples here.

These are not cities. The stone walls I have seen in other provinces and never really took them as anything more than kraals. The thing that is missing is where is the ancient technology?

I think this guy's definition of cities and mine differ somewhat.

I will be honest, until you mentioned it, I had never heard of it. Not like there is a huge interest in this matter. Maybe one day I will go and look at what is there.

I still ask, if there were aliens, where are they now, why did they stop genetically engineering us? These are the logical questions to be asked.

Not too far from here we have caves whose cave paintings suggest a community of hunter gatherers. In Zimbabwe, there are more than here and no indication of anything alien. See Motopos Link

You get structures like these

Which are formed by wind/rain erosion, not man made.

The idea that this

Suggests an advanced civilization is only piqued by what we know of recent history of the native folk here that were relatively non sophisticated and were pretty much nomads and warring folk.

Perhaps there was an earlier culture that either died out or moved but the areas in southern africa does not make it too conducive for migration to and fro, hell it is a challenge even with modern infrastructure that has in many places deteriorated to 4X4 vehicles only.

We still see in rural areas remnants of the native cultures that ess. live in mud huts that are either single room shelters, round or square. The same was in Zimbabwe when I lived there. Traditionally when the occupant dies, they burn it down and the wall structure lasts for quite awhile till erosion takes its course.

I am no expert, but the little I know does not lend itself to some alien culture that may have existed. An ancient culture that died out, very likely.

Legend has it that in ancient times diamonds and gold were simply there lying out in the open, no depth mining required. Seeing we have seven untouched kimberlites here in SA, once there were volcanoes that have been totally eroded away. The most famous, Kimberly, is flat with a few minor hills we call kopjies.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I still ask, if there were aliens, where are they now, why did they stop genetically engineering us? These are the logical questions to be asked.
These are logical questions that could be EASILY answered by showing you detailed videos on this topic. Since your youtube connection is slow, I'll just tell you what I have read (and will try to find you some written links at a later time).

Where are they now?

Some researchers feel that "they" are all around us. The ones that look like us the least are supposedly underground, underwater, inside of mountains, on the Moon, on Mars etc etc etc. Just do a search for alien bases on the Moon and you will probably be surprised at how even ex-NASA employees have admitted to us finding bases on the Moon (then covering up the story). The stuff that has started leaking out about this topic over the last 15 years is quite amazing.

Also, look closely at the Moon landing videos from NASA whenever you get a chance. You can clearly see that the "anti-gravity" effect is caused by a thin Hollywood tether strapped to the astronauts' back pack. During certain scenes, this tether is exposed. Such evidence is why many folks believe that we faked the Moon landing. The truth is that we actually did go to the Moon, but we faked the public broadcast of the event (in order to hide the true nature of the Moon from the public). There is quite a bit of evidence that backs up what I am saying so do some research FIRST then decide whether or not my posts are worth laughing at.

Why did they stop genetically engineering us?

Many researchers believe that the Alien abduction phenomenon is real. During these abductions, folks (from all over the world that can remember the experience) talk about having medical precedures and a sexual encounter during their experience. This could clearly be evidence that "they" aren't finished with their genetic engineering of humans just yet (and won't reveal themselves to us unambigously until the experiment/work is complete).

Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
These are logical questions that could be EASILY answered by showing you detailed videos on this topic. Since your youtube connection is slow, I'll just tell you what I have read (and will try to find you some written links at a later time).

Where are they now?

Some researchers feel that "they" are all around us. The ones that look like us the least are supposedly underground, underwater, inside of mountains, on the Moon, on Mars etc etc etc. Just do a search for alien bases on the Moon and you will probably be surprised at how even ex-NASA employees have admitted to us finding bases on the Moon (then covering up the story). The stuff that has started leaking out about this topic over the last 15 years is quite amazing.

Also, look closely at the Moon landing videos from NASA whenever you get a chance. You can clearly see that the "anti-gravity" effect is caused by a thin Hollywood tether strapped to the astronauts' back pack. During certain scenes, this tether is exposed. Such evidence is why many folks believe that we faked the Moon landing. The truth is that we actually did go to the Moon, but we faked the public broadcast of the event (in order to hide the true nature of the Moon from the public). There is quite a bit of evidence that backs up what I am saying so do some research FIRST then decide whether or not my posts are worth laughing at.

Why did they stop genetically engineering us?

Many researchers believe that the Alien abduction phenomenon is real. During these abductions, folks (from all over the world that can remember the experience) talk about having medical precedures and a sexual encounter during their experience. This could clearly be evidence that "they" aren't finished with their genetic engineering of humans just yet (and won't reveal themselves to us unambigously until the experiment/work is complete).
The problem with this whole premise of abductions, it does tend to be with the redneck types in trailer parks, yes we have them here too

Maybe they are trying to fix an overlooked defect

Charlotte, I do not mind discussing this but I tend to look at links that have interesting stuff to read. All the google searches I did brought me to the same website I linked earlier. It is a subject I find fascinating.

Obviously I cannot pass comment on other nations stuff as I have no objective experience or input. The stonehenge and easter island stuff has been explained.

IMO, all these were as a result of ancient and likely extinct cultures. I really have not seen anything convincing. Our brains are trained to make associations and seek patterns, finding a star cluster that matches some random man made structure is thus not impossible.

In my mind there are just too many questions of IF then ELSE. I have to logically eliminate the obvious. Usually after this I am not left with much other than conjecture and wishful thinking. We are left with too much in the fossil record to simply ignore the evolution option.

Maybe I am just too pragmatic in my outlook on life.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
I believe in evolution. I do not think that aliens "made" us, but I do think that if aliens have visited Earth, man took one look and decided they were "God".

I think any alien civilization that is advanced enought to visit Earth, would just more or less observe us out of curiosity. I don't think we would be of any great importance to them.

I do believe in UFO's......but are they man made or alien?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:27 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,173,926 times
I think that any aliens advanced enough to come here would know better than to do so.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
There's evidence that the pyramids are actually older than ancient Egypt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsofK...eature=related

Ditto for the Sphinx...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjtllv5RM4

This is the mainstream accepted viewpoint of 10,000 bc.

The Ice Age: 12,000-8,000 BC

Then there are some researchers that believe they've found 200,000 year old cities in South Africa (I'll save that information for later).
Mainstream my ass. You are talking to card-carrying member of the Anthropology club here, and there is absolutely NO Proof the Giza is older than 4000 BC. Of course there is mountains of data to put them in their proper chronological order, but spooky people regularly igore that in favor of alien B.S.

Perhaps you could explain why there is a clear progression of pyramid building development, starting with clay brick mastabas, then to step pyramids, then rubble-filled pyramids and finally ending with the pyramids of Giza (the last ones built). You might be interested to know there were many mistakes along the way, such as the Bent Pyramid.

Are you really unaware of all the remains of the workman's huts, the boat pits and graves surrounding the pyramids of Giza? If aliens built them, why was there 30-40 years of intense habitation on the less-than habitable Giza plateau? Why do we find the same around the dozens of other earlier pyramids?

If you want to find ancient aliens, I suggest you look elsewhere. Maybe Pumapunku.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could explain why there is a clear progression of pyramid building development, starting with clay brick mastabas, then to step pyramids, then rubble-filled pyramids and finally ending with the pyramids of Giza (the last ones built). You might be interested to know there were many mistakes along the way, such as the Bent Pyramid.
As far as I am aware, no-one has explained how the pyramid structure appears on different continents and how the stone slabs were made to fit together so closely.

Perhaps you could explain this from the card-carrying member of the Anthropology club perspective?

Also, you are of course assuming that the change in pyramid design is a progression rather than different designs for different functions.

In our modern world, we have many different designs of building depending on what it is to be used for and who designs it. One is not necessarily a progression from the other.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
If you want to find ancient aliens, I suggest you look elsewhere. Maybe Pumapunku.
Or maybe off the coast of Japan. Or maybe even off the coast of Cuba (a pyramid similar to the "bent pyramid" in Egypt is there according to some researchers). Such underwater pyramids and structures were certainly not built underwater. They were most likely built before the end of the last Ice Age (when ocean levels were lower). Ironically, the video link I showed you dates the pyramids in Egypt to the same pre-Ice Age period as the aforementioned underwater structures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality