Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Already explained.
No, you did not answer. You explained your philosophical views but did not answered directly. The closest was "Sometimes you have to just walk away and put those people out of your life because no matter how hard I tried," That does not answer the question in the situation I addressed. Well, am correct that if you have the means to stop someone from killing your spouse after you talked to the individual and you see he is going to kill him so you walk awary? Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
You are wrong. I was mentally, sexually and physically abused until I was 15 years old and moved away from home. I have since come to understand and love the father that did that to me. I was also married to a man who liked to control and beat women. I never once raised a hand to him. I left after he broke my ribs because I knew it wouldn't get better. I still loved him through it all.
I can't be wrong because I never made an ascertion. Look at it and tell me where I did, take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:58 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Reverend1111, I'm very curious.

This just came up the other day.

What can you tell us about "ASHERAH", anthing?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:12 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Reverend1111, I'm very curious.

This just came up the other day.

What can you tell us about "ASHERAH", anthing?
This is the only time I've heard about that person and it really doesn't say anything about it. Sermon 37 - Micah and the prediction of Bethlehem.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
This is the only time I've heard about that person and it really doesn't say anything about it. Sermon 37 - Micah and the prediction of Bethlehem.
If you go far enough back in Jewish text, (800 BC, before the time of Moses) Asherah was Gods female Companion. Effectively, God's wife. For some reason, she seems to have been written out of biblical text. That would have been well before the time of Moses, so he would have been aware of it. But, it would certainly explain God as only a male character.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
If all religious people were like Rev1111, atheist would have no problem with them. Only preaching love and tolerance, acceptance. Really trying to be better people.

Even though I don't accept the supernatural foundation of her religion, I admire the pro-social message it contains.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
No, you did not answer. You explained your philosophical views but did not answered directly. The closest was "Sometimes you have to just walk away and put those people out of your life because no matter how hard I tried," That does not answer the question in the situation I addressed. Well, am correct that if you have the means to stop someone from killing your spouse after you talked to the individual and you see he is going to kill him so you walk awary? Take care.
Reread post #55. I did explain. If you don't get it then I'm sorry.

You let go and let God. That person is going to do what they want anyway so how am I going to stop them? I don't own a gun. I'm not big enough to fight. I've only been in 1 fight my whole life so I don't even know how to do that properly. So, the person is going to do what he came there to do any way. Taking both of our lives in the end. But that's just a person who has no conscious or who is really high on drugs. Anyone with a conscious would listen to reason anyway.

Why do I need to live in fear that someday someone might try to kill or harm me? Fear is for the weak. I have enough angels protecting me that I'm positive I'll never be in a situation like that.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
If you go far enough back in Jewish text, (800 BC, before the time of Moses) Asherah was Gods female Companion. Effectively, God's wife. For some reason, she seems to have been written out of biblical text. That would have been well before the time of Moses, so he would have been aware of it. But, it would certainly explain God as only a male character.
Well, you know those old dudes didn't like women so much in those days so they couldn't have a woman being equal to God. We were so far beneath men that to have a woman equal to God would just be horrific.

As far as I know, God is both male and female. There are some channeled messages that refer Urantia (earth) as being our Mother because She takes care of us and looks after us while God is our Father in His Paradise home at the center of all creation.

I believe we have both sexes looking after us but I don't know in what actual way or form. I do know it's all spiritual energy so any form will do as long as that form is what Love created. (I sure hope that made some kind of sense)

Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
If all religious people were like Rev1111, atheist would have no problem with them. Only preaching love and tolerance, acceptance. Really trying to be better people.

Even though I don't accept the supernatural foundation of her religion, I admire the pro-social message it contains.
Yup. You're one of my favorite athiests. Would love to have you in my church with no walls. But, I only do weddings so far. Would hate to see some of those fundies in a church that only talked of loving each other instead of what hell there gonna end up in. Can you imagine a world that got along? What would we do with no hatred?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Reread post #55. I did explain. If you don't get it then I'm sorry.
No, you did not answer to that specific situation. I will interpret then that if talking did not help and the individual and you had the means to stop him even if it means to kill him you will do nothing, just let him kill your spouse.

You let go and let God. That person is going to do what they want anyway so how am I going to stop them? I don't own a gun. I'm not big enough to fight. I've only been in 1 fight my whole life so I don't even know how to do that properly. So, the person is going to do what he came there to do any way. Taking both of our lives in the end. But that's just a person who has no conscious or who is really high on drugs. Anyone with a conscious would listen to reason anyway.
Well, we differ. I do not have to have have been in situations or have skills or a gun or something else. If all I can do is fight with tooth and nails, that is what I will do. I would not have the attitude of "he is going to kill us anyways". Not me. I will defend my wife to the last breath. I suppose that is where we differ. I do not see my view opposing any of God's views. I do not see God frowning on me for protecting and defending my wife or my children
Why do I need to live in fear that someday someone might try to kill or harm me? Fear is for the weak. I have enough angels protecting me that I'm positive I'll never be in a situation like that.
That has nothing to do with fear. I may kill someone to protect my life and my loved ones also. OK, you can depend on angels. I see it as helping the angels helping me, do my part, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality