Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 PM

101 posts, read 254,981 times

Advertisements

Okay ya'll, here is why I think the end of days is here. Disclaimer: I am
not the bearded guy you saw at the highway exit today carrying a sign of
apocalypse, I am his brother. And, most of what you see below is based
on a long discussion I had with him.

- As ya'll know, Texas is seeing a lot of rainfall. Those science guys call it
global climate something, I think it is the deluge. Arc anyone?

- Critters everywhere:
Texas areas battle invasion of crickets - Yahoo! News (broken link)
The "locusts are here".

- The antichrist is here, and just as in the prophecy, he got elected "king"
by claiming his belief in Christ. The prophecy did not predict
he would be immensely stupid though.

If anyone has any more additions to make, go for it. It is also ok to
go find my brother on the highway exit, and ask him some more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Why is that everytime somebody blinks wrong, it's "OMIGOD APOCALYPSE!!!" ?

This really isn't a controversy. This is a halfway-lame attempt to stir up problems. Too bad most people on the board read the title, rolls their eyes, and keep scrolling.

The apocalypse isn't coming. George Bush isn't the anti-christ, no matter what problems he has caused. Crickets are not locusts.

If you live your life in the "OMIGOD APOCALYPSE" phase, you really aren't going to enjoy life to its fullest.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:34 AM

328 posts, read 1,034,050 times
Default Apocalypse When ?

Sooner or later someones going to right about this. Will there be anyone left to say "See, he was right?" It's pretty easy to figure out that nothing lasts forever. People will predict the end and it will come but when? Well I don't know but I am not ready to head to the shelter just yet. I have a lot of living to do.
Spiritwalker

Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I don't believe it's the end of the world, not for quit some time yet, but I do believe pretty soon, there will be an end to the US of A we've known and have been fortunate enough to have been born into....

Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM

328 posts, read 1,034,050 times
Default The End of The USA........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe it's the end of the world, not for quit some time yet, but I do believe pretty soon, there will be an end to the US of A we've known and have been fortunate enough to have been born into....
I wish that I could disagree but I cannot...The world's gonna be around for awhile but the USA at least as I have come to know her is pretty much done.Yet, everything changes. I have learned that stuff that we hear about everyday in our media was going on throughout the ages but to a lesser extent. Perhaps even to the same extent but only now we have more media coverage.....Breaking News you know ? Presidential extramarital affairs, (Many....You name them) Presidential blunders ( Many ...you name them too)
Economic disasters, ( We're gonna have a big one real soon, the housing bubble will burst) More violent crime( nobody wants more prisons in their backyard but lets lock everyone up)...The end? No. The USA I was raised in and yes was very fortunate to have enjoyed?......GONE FOREVER............
But Wait !!!!!!................Could a great and wonderful Phoenix rise from the ashes once again? Change is pain....Growth is pain.......Could what evolves from the impending chaos be more grand that what previously existed. You make the call !!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:37 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
I wish that I could disagree but I cannot...The world's gonna be around for awhile but the USA at least as I have come to know her is pretty much done.Yet, everything changes. I have learned that stuff that we hear about everyday in our media was going on throughout the ages but to a lesser extent. Perhaps even to the same extent but only now we have more media coverage.....Breaking News you know ? Presidential extramarital affairs, (Many....You name them) Presidential blunders ( Many ...you name them too)
Economic disasters, ( We're gonna have a big one real soon, the housing bubble will burst) More violent crime( nobody wants more prisons in their backyard but lets lock everyone up)...The end? No. The USA I was raised in and yes was very fortunate to have enjoyed?......GONE FOREVER............
But Wait !!!!!!................Could a great and wonderful Phoenix rise from the ashes once again? Change is pain....Growth is pain.......Could what evolves from the impending chaos be more grand that what previously existed. You make the call !!!!

hmmmmm great post, food for thought, I liked this....you may be right on target....errrr....

Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy View Post
- As ya'll know, Texas is seeing a lot of rainfall. Those science guys call it global climate something, I think it is the deluge. Arc anyone?
You spelled ark wrong and God said He would never destroy the earth with water again (see Genesis 9:11) But He did say He will destroy it with fire (see 2 Peter 3:12)

Old 07-27-2007, 08:10 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,805 times
We have a long way to go, but we are on that path no doubt. Ten years ago if you were told that you would hardly need "cash" in your pocket anymore you'd probably think they were crazy and yet...here we are, all using debit cards and our pets are being injected with computer chips for tracking. It won't be long before we'll be doing the same thing, only they'll be scanning us for purchases. It's not hard to imagine a cashless society...a one world government, a one world religion. Other things need to happen...the temple needs to be rebuilt...but we are on our way my friend. No doubt about it.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
Yes, we are well on our way to the end. Actually, we have been on our way to the end since Jesus ascended into heaven.

But, you know, I don't dewll on it or let it get me down. I have the love of Christ, I am in HIm and He is in me, that is all that matters.

I believe in the rapture, so don't figure I will be here when it gets really bad and hope to take as many as I can with me when I go. That is my goal and what I strive and work for yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I look at it this way, if we are very close to end times, that just means that I will be with Jesus that much sooner. O Happy Day....When Jesus comes...to take us away....

Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 PM

130 posts, read 527,505 times
I agree with all of you that indeed we are near the end. I mean really how much worse can it get? Where will our children be 20-30 years from now? Living a better life than us? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality