Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Maybe I'm way off base on this, but it seems to me that angels and humans differ in one major way. Angels KNOW the truth of God while we are left to a belief in God and walking in blindness searching for the truth. Knowing the truth of God and choosing disobedience, as was Lucifer's choice, seems to be an unforgivable offense.
Sounds like a reasonable proposition to me.

Also: Repentance is necessary for forgiveness, even for us humans. I have never seen anything to suggest that Satan has repented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Also: Repentance is necessary for forgiveness, even for us humans. I have never seen anything to suggest that Satan has repented.
I've always wondered: why does God ask that we forgive without being asked, but He does not do so?

And on that note---a good weekend to all! See ya on Monday posters!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM

43 posts, read 104,240 times
Really dont know, never thought about that. I personally think the devil wants to be God, thinks he is more powerful, there fore would never repent.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
God would forgive Satan, but he knows that Satan would never seek repentence, if God offered forgiveness.

You have to understand the nature of angels. They have different wills than human beings.

Once the angels in heaven made a decision to either follow Lucifer or God, their decisions were for eternity, no going back, unlike human beings who can learn to become good even when they do evil.

Satan was so unimaginably powerful that he thought he could defeat his creator. To us, Satan would appear omnipotent even though he is not.

Like others have stated, angels have an entirely different make up than humans, different minds ect. Humans have more flexible wills due to the way we were created.

If God offered Satan forgiveness for 999 trillion years, Satan would never think twice about repentence. Satan is pure unrelentless insanity.....the beginning of evil in our universe.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 12-17-2008 at 11:00 PM..

Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I would assume he committed the unforgivable sin--blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
no repentance and remember he is not a man, not a child of god he is a servant.
different ballgame. god cut him some slack gave him a job. but in the end he will be destroyed.he lives utterly at the will and whim of god. the one i am thinking about is not satan, its michael. we dont talk much bout him but he is about to play a very large role.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 AM

5 posts, read 6,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
That's a pretty cool question, I think! If satan asked for forgiveness today? Maybe God would forgive him, eh?
Maybe He's not forgiven him because he's never asked for forgiveness and is constantly rebelling against God. satan will get his ultimate punishment in the end, but maybe he still has time if he hurries.

Yes, maybe what Padgett2 said, it may be that he is not human therefore, different application. He is trying to take over, and is ruining people's lives and relationships with God, dooming people left and right, those are some serious criminal acts! But overall, God is a forgiving God, so if satan actually repented, and changed his ways, wouldn't God forgive? And if He did, then would the people who sinned be pardoned? What a crazy twist on this, huh?
I think satan realises that he made a huge mistake and begs god for forgiveness. I hope that god can forgive him and give him one more chance. what does satn do to rebel against god? if he was offered forgiveness he would gladly accept it . i believe he is very sorry

Last edited by lasenby; 10-23-2009 at 05:52 AM..

Old 10-23-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Hmmm....I thought most universalists did believe that Satan will be ultimately reconciled?
I hope that god can forgive satan. he made a mistake a long time ago and is very sorry for what he did.he committed a very bad sin. i hope that god can give him onemore chance

Old 10-23-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

satan is very sorry for what he did and does repent. i hope that god can give him just more chance and show him the right path

Old 10-24-2009, 06:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
God forgave Satan but Satan chose to not repent. He no longer exists. We are still dealing with the aftermath of the rebellion so until everyone turns in a different direction and puts love of others and God first, we'll continue to see man made evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality