Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,241 times

Advertisements

If you have any news or have heard of a recent Miracle, we would love to hear about it....!

We are producing a television show on Miracles and we would like to hear from all of you.

thanks

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 04:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times
Cubs made it to the World Series one year...does that qualify?

Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,443,275 times
My daughter is a miracle. She was conceived at a time when I had been told I'd have no children, and for a lot of other reasons -- not that I may never have children -- I was incredibly despondent. My marriage did not fulfill me, nor did my job, nor my family, nor any number of things most are thankful of having in their lives.

I asked to be shown some reason for my being here, some purpose to my life, and when I had been told I needed to consider having a hysterectomy, and found myself pregnant, I took it as 'a purpose, a reason for being here.' Understand, I never once asked for a baby -- just a reason for being here. She has been a joy and a blessing her entire life.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,937,656 times
Nope, ive had dejavús before though which can be a bit creepy at times

Old 04-23-2008, 08:36 PM

756 posts, read 2,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
No. Nothing that happens is truly supernatural or a "miracle". We just don't necessarily have a scientific explanation for it yet.
Not true.....ask the medical profession....
all about science.....medicine....research.....

Still find stories beyond "scientific reasoning"...

Ive seen some.....one major one...

Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 AM

245 posts, read 625,075 times
wow, so many of these events accure daily to many people and many of these people are not christians and some are not even good people. for the most part the only thing that seems to seperate a miracle from a fortunate accurance is the fact the person prayed. there is alot in the universe we don't understand. The one thing I truly believe is there are strict laws that govern the universe and these laws are absolute, they absolutly cannot be broken or even bent with out the entire thing unraveling.
P.S. overcomming sickness or injury cannot be considered a miracle, we are designed to heal, now raise someone from the dead and I will be impressed

Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 AM

41 posts, read 119,579 times
My neice's daughter had a seizure one day and was rushed to the hospital only for the doctors to find a golf-ball sized tumor on her brain. She was 15 months old at the time. They told us that she would probably need brain surgery the next day, so they life flighted her to Cleveland Clinic. They removed the tumor and diagnosed it as AT/RT, which in children her age gives only about a 10% survival rate. They flew her to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital a couple weeks later to start Chemo. They told her family that even with chemo the tumors usually come back, and aggressively. Still giving her only 10% survival rate, they began chemo. Upon a regular exam they noticed what they thought was a new tumor on her brain, so they opened her head up to find absolutely nothing. "Must have been a shadow..." the doctors said...
After the chemo and no sign of any tumor coming back, they began radiation, telling the family that the doses she would be given no child her age could survive. The radiation would kill her if the tumors didn't. Well, needless to say, her radiation treatments are done, they have moved back home, and they have never seen any sign of a tumor back in her brain. All the while she has been ill we have steadfastly prayed for her health & look what God has done! She is now almost 2 with a baby brother on the way (lol her mom got pregnant while on the pill... another miracle?? ) and everyone is healthy and happy. None of her doctors can believe her success. When you lay someone's life in God's hand, He truly makes a way for them!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:14 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,544,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Yes, I have absolutely NO doubt that miracles happen today, because two of them happened to me. I was there, and I saw, heard, and felt the results for myself. In one event, there were two others besides me who saw what happened. I roughly define a miracle as an event that is clearly supernatural, and that ordinarily cannot happen, from the scientific viewpoint. They are caused (I believe) by either the Holy Spirit, or an angel of God, interrupting a situation you are in. This cut-and-paste is a reply I did from another thread addressing this, but applies here as well:

"A real miracle is a supernatural event, that absolutely "cannot" happen, in the scientific sense. I have had two, in my lifetime. One was about 35 years ago. We were snowmachining in the mountains (me, my uncle, and a cousin), and after several hours it got to snowing heavily, to where it was hard to see. In my group of three, I was asked to lead the way home. I moved along slowly, like 25mph, trying to see where I was going, but it was difficult to make out any direction, and depth perception was extremely poor, because everything was the same color: white. All of a sudden, and I mean RIGHT NOW INSTANTLY, my machine spun 90 degrees to the direction we were going, stopped, and the motor "shut itself off". The other two guys stopped because now I was in the way...sideways. I didn't know what happened, so I stood up to see. Right away, I saw a chasm about 15 feet away. If I had kept going, I would have led all of us down a sheer vertical 300 foot drop off! I never saw it, or anything else, but I remember shaking uncontrollably afterwards, from head to toes....thinking how close we had come....I was speechless. We looked, but there was NOTHING in the path that could have spun the machine that way: no rocks, stumps, holes, etc....nothing...but flat snow.
Another time was in my early adult life, also some 35 yrs ago. I was living alone, unemployed, and desperately poor. I had a wood stove for heat, in a beat-up old trailer house. Early one morning the fire had gone nearly out, and the temperature outside had dipped to 17 below zero during the night. (the coldest I have ever seen it in this part of Alaska). I went to the kitchen to make coffee. Holding the coffee pot in the kitchen sink, I opened the spigot and.....nothing! No water came out..... So I opened the hot water spigot and.....also nothing! The pipes were frozen solidy. So I went into the bathroom, and opened the spigots there, and NOTHING! ALL the pipes were frozen! I remember being really bummed, thinking "here I am without a job, flat-broke, and now I have no water!". I was depressed, so thought I should read the Bible. I found it, then sat down at the kitchen table. Not knowing where to start, it just flipped open, so with my eyes closed I pointed a finger at random.(yeah, I know, not wise...but I didn't know any better back then) When I opened my eyes, I read the verse OUTLOUD, Psalm 63:1:
"Oh God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee: my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is."
INSTANTLY, and I mean RIGHT NOW, ALL the spigots in the house blasted out water at full force!!! Folks...you just cannot thaw out water pipes instantly...but it happened. Were these two events miracles? I think so...they are impossible to happen...ordinarily. I didn't know either one was going to happen, and I sure didn't ask for them, but thank God they did!"

Are miracles real? Yes....they are real, and they are happening today! It is because God is REAL, and His Spirit is here on earth, and His angels are here ministering in our daily lives. In short: God CARES about us!

Bud

WOW ! that made chills run all over me!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 AM

139 posts, read 153,370 times
Default Agreement....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
This came up on another thread. My question is simply this: Have you ever seen anything personally that you would classify as a "miracle?" This doesn't have to be something of the scope and magnitude of "parting the Red Sea" or "raising the dead," ok. But I am wanting us to define "miracle" as at least something that clearly went beyond the scope of what would be expected to happen in the natural. (i.e.-let's not talk about the birth of a child as a miracle, a rainbow or any other natural phenomenon)

Do you believe miracles are possible? If so, why? If not, why not?

Its a clear miracle when two people can agree on anything without dispute. Also, the greatest miracle is the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the life of every born-again Christian. THAT is a miracle you can SEE every moment...

Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 AM

139 posts, read 153,370 times
Default Survival Is A Miracle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRACLEPAUL View Post
If you have any news or have heard of a recent Miracle, we would love to hear about it....!

We are producing a television show on Miracles and we would like to hear from all of you.

thanks

Paul
What brand of miracle can be scrutinized without inviting scepticism?
The greatest miracle is a life that is lived with PURPOSE. Such focus
is only possible by means of special insight. Insight is necessary to
recognize the miraculous. Otherwise, 'miracles' are merely statistical anomalies expressed in peculiar circumstances that favor coincidence.

What, indeed, IS a miracle if not the ability to honor sacred mystery?

Faith is a miracle.

Its a miracle marriages last the statistically improbable length of five years before divorce.

Its a miracle two people can smile at each other and understand/accept that they have met someone other than a toothy shark out to lark at the expense of a trusting victim.

Its a miracle all of us are not cynics.

Its a miracle that love is possible and that we have instruments to hold
hatred at bay and by which to successfully combat ignorance and death.

What is a miracle?

Its the fact that you are going to provide me a job with an income that will support me above the poverty level I have lived at since I obtained my graduate degree.

THAT is the miracle I am looking for today, because THAT is the miracle that is needed right NOW.

Thank you Jesus for inspiring this man to this act of compassion for the sake of inspiration...

I am full of stories that will compel the interest of a many people. I need a venue... will you help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality