U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 PM

267 posts, read 348,702 times
Default How has God screwed you over today?

Since we have a 'How has God blessed you today' thread I just thought I'd make one of my own seeing how I'm in a very bad mood.

This morning a friend had their pet bird Jonas had died...the day did not start well...

This afternoon I found a kitten that I'd been feeding, a few weeks old, flailing in a driveway. He'd been run over and no longer had control of his limbs due to a spinal injury. It's been five hours now and he's gone still, though he's breathing. Blood is leaking from his nose and mouth. I have him in a carrier and his mother's with him, though she thinks he's only sleeping because his cries have all been soundless. The veternarians in my area do not offer free help and there is nothing I can do but let the babe die at home.

How has God screwed you over today?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,580,250 times
I'm really so very sad you had such a rotton day. It is horrible that poor helpless creatures have to suffer so.

I do sincerely hope you have a better day tomorrow than you did today.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,678,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
The veternarians in my area do not offer free help and there is nothing I can do but let the babe die at home.

nothing in life is free. God has never "screwed" me or anyone else over... ever. He has placed trials and problems upon me, as learning experiences.

I am sorry that you are a bitter person.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:45 PM

12,374 posts, read 14,513,353 times
Virote, I feel your pain because you have so much compassion for all Gods creatures. I also am an animal lover and know how it hurts to see one die and feel so helpless . I hope that tomorrow will be a great and beautiful day for you.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,117,012 times
Whenever I feel this way, I walk through the cancer ward of Miami Children's hospital. I also feel that God doesn't screw anybody over. There is purpose for everything even though for most of us, it's very hard to understand.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:07 PM

668 posts, read 36,642 times
I can't think of a single time when I felt God screwed me over.

I like the snideness and leer of the original post though! Like me in my old Punk band days...

Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM

2,640 posts, read 154,714 times
I'm sorry about the animals, but that little kitten needs to be put out of his/her suffering. He is the one who is being "screwed over" as you say, but not by God.

If you don't have the money, I can't believe there isn't a Vet who would take care of the cat. If there isn't, they shouldn't be in the business. Call an animal shelter.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:54 PM

2,739 posts, read 5,364,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
Since we have a 'How has God blessed you today' thread I just thought I'd make one of my own seeing how I'm in a very bad mood.

This morning a friend had their pet bird Jonas had died...the day did not start well...

This afternoon I found a kitten that I'd been feeding, a few weeks old, flailing in a driveway. He'd been run over and no longer had control of his limbs due to a spinal injury. It's been five hours now and he's gone still, though he's breathing. Blood is leaking from his nose and mouth. I have him in a carrier and his mother's with him, though she thinks he's only sleeping because his cries have all been soundless. The veternarians in my area do not offer free help and there is nothing I can do but let the babe die at home.

Sorry to hear about your day. Bad things happen to all of us from time to time, but I don't think that it is God causing it all to happen. (in fact it probably rarely is)
Many years ago I had a cat I just really liked a lot. I was a loner at the time, and the cat was my "best buddy". One day it wandered over to visit the neighbor. Unknown to me was the fact that my neighbor had drained his radiator into a pan under his car....then just left it sitting there. A while later my cat came home...stumbling around like a drunk...could barely walk....poisoned from drinking the glycol coolant. There was nothing anyone could do, and he died later that day, but only after hours of horrible convulsions. It was one of the saddest days of my life. I took a shovel, and the lifeless body, and went to a vacant woods to bury him. I would like to have had a few minutes of silence there, but a policeman came along and basically told me to "move along...no loitering", so I went home. Talk about a miserable rotten day...
Yes, my neighbor caused that mess, but he didn't do it on purpose: he didn't know coolant was deadly poison, and that dogs and cats like its taste....so I forgave him. (his own cat got poisoned also) None of this was caused by God. If anything, bad things are likely either human caused, or Satan. John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy"
Hope tomorrow is better for you...

Bud

Old 07-28-2007, 12:55 AM

267 posts, read 348,702 times
Thank you for the sentiments, but...

Come off it you mean to tell me that none of you have ever felt angry towards your creator? That you just mindlessly chock it up to some sort of sick and demented plan when you hear about them finding an eight year old ripped to shreds by a serial killer or some other such horrible thing?

I've tried Gee. Trust me, I've tried. I can still see him when I close my eyes flopping like that, do you not believe I've tried??

Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 AM

668 posts, read 36,642 times
I blame the killer, he/she probably came from the lower planes of existance, and it's their first time as humans. they should be dealt with most severly, but our criminal justice system is so screwed, there are many on death row who actually didn't do the crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality