Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,494,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Interesting that you are both looking at the very same evidence, and come up with such a disparity in your conclusions.

That evidence? Absolutely NONE

In my 60+ years I also have observed the very same evidence, and logic, reason, and just common sense completely dispels any and all gods, major ones or minor ones.
Evidence: none? Are you sure?

Aren't we a bunch of old farts?

Perhaps some of us are losing it.

As for me........

Going skiing tomorrow.

Have a good evening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,991,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The claim was first floated in the book. "The Late Great Planet Earth" Authored by Hal Linsey. Preachers did pick up on it, and pushed it. Still the Bible itself never said 40 years. Again your still pointing to what some men said. And you do this, when Scripture tells us not to. Jesus only said. That generation will not pass away until all end time prophecies will be fulfilled. Another words. Even if you had only five people alive that were born in the year 1948, the generation would still not of passed away. And I might add here, that not everyone bought into that belief. And that is because there were so many other prophecies that had to be fulfilled. And those prophecies could not of been fulfilled in that time frame.

The point stands though that the end timers come up with all sorts of prophecies and then never own up to failure by one of their own.As I said,you guys rewrite the rules and redefine the words to suit your own purposes.For example,in Revelation,which is considered a futuristic book by the end timers,Jesus plainly said that the things He was describing would happen soon.No if,ands,or buts.It's in black and white.But yet you no doubt have what you consider a perfectly valid redefinition of the word "soon",because you HAVE to have one,as the book was written over 1900 years ago and so saying it still hasn't happened obviously contradicts the plain words of Jesus,along with the normal,accepted definition of soon.So,as I said,you rewrite and redefine as it suits your needs to overcome all the difficulties with your theology.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,637,161 times
I see that once again for the 50th time, Campbell has brought out the ONLY so called prophesy he has, and even it doesn't jive. LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,811,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I see that once again for the 50th time, Campbell has brought out the ONLY so called prophesy he has, and even it doesn't jive. LOL
Yup! He wheels it out every time, it kicks and scream and begs to be left alone but Campo drags it out time and time again.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,195,952 times
Most futurists IMO are embarrassed by the no show so many times. These days, with the net, you cannot really hide your "lies" anymore.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,812,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Most futurists IMO are embarrassed by the no show so many times. These days, with the net, you cannot really hide your "lies" anymore.
See the religious tolerance list of failed end of the world prophecies:

Failed end of the world predictions from 30 to 1920 CE

Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,195,952 times
I know, I have posted these many times but "facts" are not the brain staple food of futurist apologists

Old 04-11-2011, 11:11 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,952,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You mean like you believe frauds such as NAMI, Ron Wyatt and a host of other lunatics? Scripture tells you not to do that Campo.
Well so far the only frauds that have been exposed are those who posted fake letters attacking the NAMI.

Ron Wyatt did discover Mt. Sinia and the Red Sea crossing. And that has been confirmed by others. Some of his later discoveries such as Noahs Ark has been found to be a natural land formation.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,637,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well so far the only frauds that have been exposed are those who posted fake letters attacking the NAMI.

Ron Wyatt did discover Mt. Sinia and the Red Sea crossing. And that has been confirmed by others. Some of his later discoveries such as Noahs Ark has been found to be a natural land formation.
Blind as a bat!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,952,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Blind as a bat!!!!!!!!!

Oh, so your are saying the fake letter does not exist that tried to find wrong doing with the NAMI?

Or are you saying that others did not go and confirm Wyatts findings about the Red Sea crossing, and Mt. Sinia.

Some guys are good at cheap shots. Yet can anyone present any real evidence that would confirm that no such letter exist? Or that no one else ever confirmed the reality of Mt. Sinia, and the Red Sea crossing found by Wyatt?

Because unless you can, I would say. Blind as a bat!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality