Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 AM

371 posts, read 815,989 times

Advertisements

I'm seriously interested in answering this question:

If Religion "A" says they have the truth, and their religion is the one true religion; and Religion "B" says they have the truth, and their religion is the one true religion, how do you resolve this situation?

Is there any objective way to try and figure out what the truth is? Or, do we just say there are multiple truths out there, or that the "truth" does not matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:47 AM

337 posts, read 409,044 times
We can read about people that have researched this and searched through the major religions to try to find the truth. If there are 3,000 religions then there are 2,999 of them that are made in mans image. And only one that must have been made by God.

Think about how man makes a religion. All the man made religions are the same. They are based on works. Man cannot come up with a religion that isn't based on works. It's impossible because that is how man sees themselves. Our actions determine how good we are. There is one religion that is based on the grace of God and not anything we have done or can do for ourselves. There must be a reason for that.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowneline View Post

If Religion "A" says they have the truth, and their religion is the one true religion; and Religion "B" says they have the truth, and their religion is the one true religion, how do you resolve this situation?

Is there any objective way to try and figure out what the truth is? Or, do we just say there are multiple truths out there, or that the "truth" does not matter?
Yes there are ways to attempt to resolve this situation and you are actually participating in one of the means; unfortunately, this particular forum seems to be inundated with anti-Christian posters so if you were wanting a real discussion about said issues then ...., but if this is just another anti-Christianity thread you should be o.k.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
We can read about people that have researched this and searched through the major religions to try to find the truth. If there are 3,000 religions then there are 2,999 of them that are made in mans image. And only one that must have been made by God.

Think about how man makes a religion. All the man made religions are the same. They are based on works. Man cannot come up with a religion that isn't based on works. It's impossible because that is how man sees themselves. Our actions determine how good we are. There is one religion that is based on the grace of God and not anything we have done or can do for ourselves. There must be a reason for that.
But even that religion requires works, your own book says so and concerning works also contradicts itself. Oh and BTW, ALL religions are man made that is why you have over 38000 xian sects. Now if only there was One True Religion oh like the Roman Catholic Church - oops they tried that and did not work out once people became enlightened and set off on their own paths because of disagreements with authorities in the church and doctrines whoops, seems like that is still par for the course today.

But I am sure the little chapel in your neck of the woods is the One True Churchâ„¢ until something goes wrong or something better comes along.

Just out of curiosity, have you been with your current church all your life, have you changed because you did not actually "witness in the spirit" at a previous church as to what was going on?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes there are ways to attempt to resolve this situation and you are actually participating in one of the means; unfortunately, this particular forum seems to be inundated with anti-Christian posters so if you were wanting a real discussion about said issues then ...., but if this is just another anti-Christianity thread you should be o.k.
Your guys are really playing the persecution complex card a lot today.

You know, your faith is supposed to stand up to all the scrutiny
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17 And their message will spread like cancer.

But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
Clearly the bible encourages you not to engage in debates with the heathen, after all we are "led of the devil" and know the scriptures better than you folk do.

Sad when the heathen have to teach the theists their own bible. But we oblige, we want you to see the light...

Old 03-09-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:

When you find the truth, let us know, we are all searching and unfortunately all we can come up with is the truths on offer at this moment in time do seem illogical and unsubstantiated.

It is far better you go on a quest for knowledge. Knowledge is power and will enable you to dismiss silly myths of entities commonly known as god, demons, devils, angels and all things invisible and undetectable.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:18 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:

One's "True" religion is the belief's they have as individuals. No matter how much people debate and argue their positions if someone else does not believe in that way you will more than likely not change their mind.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Your guys are really playing the persecution complex card a lot today.

You know, your faith is supposed to stand up to all the scrutiny
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17 And their message will spread like cancer.

But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
Clearly the bible encourages you not to engage in debates with the heathen, after all we are "led of the devil" and know the scriptures better than you folk do.

Sad when the heathen have to teach the theists their own bible. But we oblige, we want you to see the light...
You don't know anything about me.
And you're a bigot.
You attempt to slander the spiritual because you believe they may not want to engage in homosexuallity. You do not attempt to understand others. You've got your agenda and you're driving it. Damn be anybody else.
...and that's what the Bible told me.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You don't know anything about me.
And you're a bigot.
I am, interesting. Lesse, I am not racist, homophobic I guess I jes hate christians eh? Er no, some of my friends are christians, this is a discussion forum BTW.
Quote:
You attempt to slander the spiritual because you believe they may not want to engage in homosexuallity.
What was that bigot stuff again? Hmm I stand up for gays as I see them as humans not lost souls and I am as straight as an arrow.

Hirarious you accuse me of knowing nothing about you and then mouth off assertions about me you obviously know nothing of, pretty ironic huh?
Quote:
You do not attempt to understand others.
Oh I understand fully, I was one of them for 30+ years.
Quote:
You've got your agenda and you're driving it. Damn be anybody else.
Of course we have an agenda, must we heathen simply shaddup and sit in the corner and allow you folk to take over the world. Look how well that worked out last time...
Quote:
...And that's what the Bible told me.
How quaint, a talking bible? Or was it your voice in your head that told you so?

Love the sinner hate the sin.

Love the believer, hate their religion.

Same rules we play by here. Get used to it.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 AM

You have need to tell me gays are lost souls...I have no idea what they are.
I have never had any fights in real life with any gays, I've worked with outwardly gay people, grow up with them and have fellowshipped with them. Some have even lead the services and spoiler alert: No one walked out.
I've never been accused of slighting any of them in the least, besides that none of them would have stood for it.

Anyway, carry on with your grade school propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality