U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,859 times

Advertisements

Thank you friend,ı will search when ı learn ı'll be happy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 PM

3,055 posts, read 1,792,678 times
Contemporary Christian music seems more focused on the performer than God or Christ. The performers are glorified on the covers and inlay cards, and they most usually look like secular rock performers. There is no seperation from the world. The lyrics are so ambiguous that the song could either be about their girlfriend or God; that way they get maximum radio play and make more money, this tends to lead Christian kids away from Godliness and true Christianity and into a worldly form of life. Not saying all of it but definatly lots of it.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:20 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,207,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Contemporary Christian music seems more focused on the performer than God or Christ. The performers are glorified on the covers and inlay cards, and they most usually look like secular rock performers. There is no seperation from the world. The lyrics are so ambiguous that the song could either be about their girlfriend or God; that way they get maximum radio play and make more money, this tends to lead Christian kids away from Godliness and true Christianity and into a worldly form of life. Not saying all of it but definatly lots of it.
There is truth in your statements. I've noticed that also. Lyrically, I try to listen <mainly> to the, how shall I say, more overt songs that say the words God and Jesus, etc. The others are okay, IMO, as long as you keep them in the right frame.

Unfortunately I don't control the videos, but I agree too. They are sometimes more artist focused than God focused. I take this with a grain of salt. In reality, I don't watch any christian videos (except what's posted here ). I am strictly CD or radio listener.

One of my favs:
YouTube - David Crowder Band - Here Is Our King Lyrics I think you'll approve

Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,716,464 times

YouTube - You Never Let Go - song by Matt Redman

ive have saw way more people leave secular music and listen to Christian rock that vice versa..that includes myself.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM

2,136 posts, read 3,142,636 times
MySpace.com - matthew west - NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE - Pop / Rock / Christian - www.myspace.com/matthewwestmusic

hope this works. it wasn't youtube, but so worth listening to.

weather...

Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Christian Rap Artist
MySpace.com - Trip Lee - Born and raised in Dallas, livin in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Christian Rap / Hip Hop / Christian - www.myspace.com/triplee116

Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM

600 posts, read 855,612 times
This was put together by a group of students at a Bible college. Very entertaining.

YouTube - Baby Got Book (OFFICIAL)

Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
This was put together by a group of students at a Bible college. Very entertaining.

YouTube - Baby Got Book (OFFICIAL)
lol i showed my kids this the other night...theres another song//called "this is why im cool" i need to look it up

Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM

124 posts, read 243,847 times
None of us are ok with the fact that we can wonder why we are here, yet we canít understand why. Itís an ongoing battle in our minds until we buy into someoneís story of what itís all about. Then we can finally rest, and dig ourselves into a complex illusion of the meaning of life. I think that a lot of us fool ourselves into believing things in hopes that we come out feeling like our time here is purposeful. Just think of all of the different religions in the world, and how many of these people would die for what they believe in. Itís nuts!

Iím not saying that we should not have religion. I just think itís funny when people pretend to have a supreme enlightenment of why we are here. I think we are all capable of being spiritual, whether or not it is an illusion. Maybe our ďspiritualityĒ is part of a psychological coping mechanism, like endorphins for the psyche. Who really knows.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 PM

1,934 posts, read 3,207,943 times
Default Back to the top....

Boy, this thread got buried... quick. (Found it on page 5)

I came across this video while looking for Christmas videos for the other thread. It really touched me. Hope it speaks to others as well.

YouTube - take me out of the dark-Gary V.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality