Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and they also put in their 'Word' that their laws are "unchanging" and "everlasting".
And they are (unchanging" and "everlasting). The OT reveals sin, and that we are unable to live a sinless life. Jesus fulfilled the OT laws by living a sinless life (in our place). Therefore, since we could not keep the Law & it's been fulfilled anyways, we are no longer under the Law.

Sorry to go OT, but I wanted to clarify that point from a Christian perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 02:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And they are (unchanging" and "everlasting). The OT reveals sin, and that we are unable to live a sinless life. Jesus fulfilled the OT laws by living a sinless life (in our place). Therefore, since we could not keep the Law & it's been fulfilled anyways, we are no longer under the Law.

Sorry to go OT, but I wanted to clarify that point from a Christian perspective.
Oh we know what the Christian perspective is all right. We know that Christians like to interpret the word "Fulfil" to mean "Abolish" ...despite your man-god saying "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

I haven't noticed that the Earth has passed away, have you?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Oh we know what the Christian perspective is all right. We know that Christians like to interpret the word "Fulfil" to mean "Abolish" ...despite your man-god saying that he hadn't come to change the laws and that 'until Heaven and Earth pass away, not one letter of the law will change.
If something has been done for me, why do I need to do it?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Like it or not, you are still under the law.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:20 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You just keep zooming in to focus on males having sex with each other and keep disregarding the whole religious, historical and cultural context as well as the point of Paul's letter -Which had nothing to do with homosexuals, (especially 21st century gays and lesbians) and everything to do with 1st century, gentile, Roman converts turning away from Paul's God and reverting to idolatrous worship of other gods.

Is male/male sex something you think about a lot? You sound kind of obsessed with sex.

Are you saying because we are now living in the 21st century that God's Laws nolonger apply? And I keep zooming in to focus on males having sex with each other, because I refuse to ignore what is being said here. The entire context does not negate the reality of Romans 1:26,27. And again, you have ignored my question. If men having sex with other men is ok. Why does your translation tell us such behavior is unseemly, and in error? The link is about religious people and homosexuals. I'm not obsessed with sex. I'm obsessed with Biblical truth. And it appers to me you are only obsessed at trying to deny what Scripture so clearly states. Jesus Christ fully supported the Old Testament law. And in that law it states, that if a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. What part of detestable don't you understand?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Like it or not, you are still under the law.
Matthew 5

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

ful·fill

to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.)

Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
Because, they look more fabulous than them in their sunday best!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Are you saying because we are now living in the 21st century that God's Laws nolonger apply?
See jimmiej? Campo agrees with me.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Hmm seems to me perfect unchanging Gods don't need to make new covenants. They get them right the first time around.

They also don't create things they find abominable. I absolutely HATE split pea soup. I think I'll go make a pot of it right now.

I see. More of that "absolute" morality at work, eh?

Chhh-chhh-chhh changgesss
God's Old covenant was to show the world that man could not work His way to heaven. And this was shown to be correct when we look at how people were in the time of the Old Testament. The age of grace showed us that something greater then the works of men were needed to enter God's Kingdom. The Old Testament told us that God would send a man to die for the sin of the world. And that man was the person of Jesus Christ, who fulfill the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. God did get it right the first time. Man did not. Thus God gave man a second chance.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Matthew 5

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

ful·fill

to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.)

a·bol·ish/əˈbäliSH/

Verb: Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)

Your man-god categorically stated that he had NOT come to abolish (put an end to) the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality